Weird Lincoln Riley Introduction is ... weird ... really weird ...

I laughed much more at how hard the bitter Sooner fan who wrote the Tweet was reaching to try to frame this. :ROFLMAO:

The video is very meh. Doesn't do much for me. It's not really meant for me, so ... makes sense.

Two thoughts...

First, weed is obviously legal in California.

Second, I need to appreciate the 30x National Champions UM Cheer Squad much better. Yikes.

The Doobie Brothers would have been a perfect fit for #1.

The band was bad, but the cheerleaders were really bad. They cannot be real USC cheerleaders. They were uncoordinated and awkward looking.

I can take a lightly practiced Tusk from a small pep band, but the bad Fly Girl impersonation by the "cheerleaders" was just plain hard to watch and weirdly out of place. In short, IT WAS AWESOME!

I can take a lightly practiced Tusk from a small pep band, but the bad Fly Girl impersonation by the "cheerleaders" was just plain hard to watch and weirdly out of place. In short, IT WAS AWESOME!

Yep. This is entertainment. Hopefully there is more?

The band was bad, but the cheerleaders were really bad. They cannot be real USC cheerleaders. They were uncoordinated and awkward looking.

Cheerleaders?!? CHEERLEADERS?!? They are the USC Song Girls and they have changed the way that young men have viewed white sweaters for nearly 50 years. Show some damned respect!!

Have they had any recent collaborations with current music acts that they could have gone to instead?

I know next to nothing about today's pop music.
Were they forced to go to a musical collaboration that had pop significance for welcoming Lincoln Riley?

If that was the only option, then maybe they should have just played the school song.

holy god that was awful. nothing coordinated in a failed attempt to try seem cool. wtf was that
They must be all on coke!

What's a Gringe Gina?

1639002535342.png

Last edited:

I was worried they had a stroke or something…

Maybe someone should call in a welfare check.

Sounds like a song written by a drummer.

👍

LOVE that first video with the USC band at Dodger Stadium. Stevie Nicks twirling in her prime. Mick Fleetwood feeling it!. Mick’s inspiration for the video supposedly came after a “drunk” brass band paraded around his hotel in the UK with a crowd in tow.

Cool video/ time capsule! It sort of makes the presser a little more understandable…practice tho…

👍

LOVE that first video with the USC band at Dodger Stadium. Stevie Nicks twirling in her prime. Mick Fleetwood feeling it!. Mick’s inspiration for the video supposedly came after a “drunk” brass band paraded around his hotel in the UK with a crowd in tow.

Cool video/ time capsule! It sort of makes the presser a little more understandable…practice tho…

I always liked the original Fleetwood Tusk video with the marching band and heavy drums; being a young percussionist before going full-on jock. I also always wondered why they filmed the video in a damn baseball stadium and not the Coliseum or Rose Bowl!

"Why do you need new bands? Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact." Homer Simpson
View attachment 15843

The undies 😄
I always liked the original Fleetwood Tusk video with the marching band and heavy drums; being a young percussionist before going full-on jock. I also always wondered why they filmed the video in a damn baseball stadium and not the Coliseum or Rose Bowl!

Yeah, who knows what was going on in Mick’s head. The whole thing is bizarre, and perfect.

Back in my younger days, I ran a number of marathons. Before the races, I had a specific playlist that I would listen to that would get me fired up. Tusk was on that playlist. It still gets my juices flowing. But the undersized pep band version in the Lincoln Riley video was tough to watch and listen to.

Mick was so skinny when they filmed that video. Glad this awkward presser came out so i got to see what inspired it.
Wasn’t Mick’s nickname Tusk for his ability to Hoover up large quantities of the white stuff?

Mick was so skinny when they filmed that video. Glad this awkward presser came out so i got to see what inspired it.
Wasn’t Mick’s nickname Tusk for his ability to Hoover up large quantities of the white stuff?
At the time, conventional wisdom was that "tusk" was Fleetwood's pet name for his, uh, johnson. Fleetwood later denied that.

Also, not for nothing, the song Tusk was written by Lindsay Buckingham, not Fleetwood, and sprang from his developing fascination with less polished rock, particularly punk.

I think it's so bad, its
Totally agree. It was so bad that it's legendary. Almost cult-like. The Tic-Toc dancing of the cheerleaders was totally perfect for this generation. The cheerleaders were like an SNL synchronized swimming parody video gone wrong.

Top Bottom