Week 8 Other Games Thread, 2020 Season

Wow. 9 combined turnovers between Rutgers-MSU.

edit: ESPN includes downs as turnovers

Agree- thought the first that resulted in disqualification was reasonable- on the second there was no way to contact the player other than what happened.

Lol. Nebraska down 52 to 17....and Frost calls a timeout with :03.

Looks like no JD Spielman sightings during the OU-TCU game?
Not sure if he's hurt or what, but I'm wondering if he's regretting going there now. He was a fringe NFL prospect going into the year, but I seriously doubt there's any real possibility of a career after a quiet start to this year unless he really picks it up.

Not sure if he's hurt or what, but I'm wondering if he's regretting going there now. He was a fringe NFL prospect going into the year, but I seriously doubt there's any real possibility of a career after a quiet start to this year unless he really picks it up.
His dad will take him in the 1st round.

I read earlier this morning (sorry, I can't remember where) that he was injured and would not play. Not a very impressive set of stats for his 1st 3 games of the year, however.

Ah, and we were supposed to play Michigan State this year. I guess Maryland could actually be worse.

Freiermuth has 4 catches and a TD for Penn State in the 1st quarter. So I guess Ciarrocca does have passing plays to the TE?

Freiermuth has 4 catches and a TD for Penn State in the 1st quarter. So I guess Ciarrocca does have passing plays to the TE?
I have a feeling that if Freiermuth had played for Minnesota, Ciarrocca's gameplans would have been different.

Oof. PSU QB has been awful so far.

Announcers in IU-PSU game talking about Ciarrocca leaving to go to PSU: “Penn State is just a little better than Minnesota in every area".

Two seconds later: Sean Clifford throws a horrible interception that is returned to the 5 yard line.

Me: "Beautiful"

Announcers in IU-PSU game talking about Ciarrocca leaving to go to PSU: “Penn State is just a little better than Minnesota in every area".

Two seconds later: Sean Clifford throws a horrible interception that is returned to the 5 yard line.

Me: "Beautiful"
They certainly recruit higher-end talent. WR? RB? QB? Absolutely no way are they better. Arguments can be made about the secondary and OL as well. On the offensive side of the ball, just about every position except TE would skew MN imo.

Indiana holds the Fighting Ciaroccas to a missed FG in the red zone. Gives back the ball via INT the subsequent series.

Indiana holds the Fighting Ciaroccas to a missed FG in the red zone. Gives back the ball via INT the subsequent series.
This is some sloppy football. Doesn't sound as bad as the MSU v Rutgers game, though.

PSU made it 17-14 after a big run from (I think) Clifford. The Hoosiers get an FG and extend to 20-14.

Come on Hoosiers, embarrass these jerks.

Kirk's boys go for it on 4th down and come up short on the Indiana 30 or so.

Wow. Would appear that PSU has no run game and no kicking game. Lotta weaknesses.

Top Bottom