Week 8 Other Games Thread, 2020 Season

Nah, the PSU player should have gone down. They could have ran the clock down and left Indiana with only 20 seconds.
Coaching mistake not to have the team aware not to score a TD but to go down short of goal line. And not go for 2? Makes no sense.

Nah, the PSU player should have gone down. They could have ran the clock down and left Indiana with only 20 seconds.
Yes, but when he had the brain fart and scored, the coach doubled down and kicked the extra point. That was equally stupid. Go for two and end the game.

Yes, but when he had the brain fart and scored, the coach doubled down and kicked the extra point. That was equally stupid. Go for two and end the game.
That is what I call the Tracy Claeys theory. (He was a math education major!) He figured that if you scored a TD to go up 7 you should go for two. You have a slightly better than 50-50 chance to make the two-point conversion and seal the win. Even if you miss on the two-pointer, you are up 7 and the opponent is likely to kick the extra point if they score and you get to OT.

That is what I call the Tracy Claeys theory. (He was a math education major!) He figured that if you scored a TD to go up 7 you should go for two. You have a slightly better than 50-50 chance to make the two-point conversion and seal the win. Even if you miss on the two-pointer, you are up 7 and the opponent is likely to kick the extra point if they score and you get to OT.
Well they lost in OT anyhow when Indiana decided to go for all or nothing so ... not sure there's much advantage there ;)

Well they lost in OT anyhow when Indiana decided to go for all or nothing so ... not sure there's much advantage there ;)
The advantage would have come had they gone for 2 and made it. Putting them up 9 instead of 8, thus no OT after Indiana scored at end of regulation.

The advantage would have come had they gone for 2 and made it. Putting them up 9 instead of 8, thus no OT after Indiana scored at end of regulation.

I guess I feel like you're playing it 50/50 under the 'if the other team scores' theory either way.

Like 50/50 you win if you make it, 50/50 if you stop them when they try to make it... assuming they drive all the way down too.

Top Bottom