Week 8 Other Games Thread, 2020 Season

Don't count the Vikings out of the " tank for Trevor " competition. Although, they will probably win 3-4 games to be epically bad @ losing the loser bowl.

Nebraska still hanging in there. About to score and tie up. Meanwhile, there appears to be a rash of injuries in this game.

Justin Fields is currently 9/9 134yds and1TD, and they aren't winning.

Make that 4 TO's for MSU in first half. Rutgers up 21-7.

Is Nebraska for real? What is going on???
Nebraska has come out with interesting sets utilizing their only weapons in Martinez, Robinson, and McCaffrey. I’m guessing this will be a totally different game in the second half.

Refs seem like they want Ohio State to win this one. Just called targeting on Nebraska for a tackler slightly grazing the facemask of an Ohio State player.

Nebraska clearly doesn't want to win. Hopefully this last turn sets up an ugly second half for the corndicks

Meanwhile, Rutgers goes up 28-10 on Mich State. ..... in East Lansing.

They overturned the call.
No reason it should have been called in the first place. The only way that gets called is if the ref is looking to call a penalty.

Another two really soft penalties towards the end of the quarter lead to an Ohio State touchdown. I don't think Nebraska had much of a chance of winning anyway but it seems like the Big Ten is protecting OSU to try to get a team in the CFP.

Refs seem like they want Ohio State to win this one. Just called targeting on Nebraska for a tackler slightly grazing the facemask of an Ohio State player.
If given the options for an explanation conspiracy or incompetence...always choose incompetence

No reason it should have been called in the first place. The only way that gets called is if the ref is looking to call a penalty.

Another two really soft penalties towards the end of the quarter lead to an Ohio State touchdown. I don't think Nebraska had much of a chance of winning anyway but it seems like the Big Ten is protecting OSU to try to get a team in the CFP.
The reason the ref called it was because he was screened by the body of the defender from seeing it 100% clearly.
So he called it so it could be reviewed. As he is taught to

That play live looked like it could've been targeting. You call the targeting penalty and review it if it's close. If you don't throw the flag you can't review for it. There is no harm in throwing the flag there.

Nebraska didn't help itself by not trying to move the ball with over a minute left and multiple timeouts.

Refs aren't favoring anyone.

Nebraska certainly looks better than Wisconsin against far better competition. We will have trouble against the Corndogs.

Nebraska certainly looks better than Wisconsin against far better competition. We will have trouble against the Corndogs.
I don’t think so. NE is mostly one-dimensional offensively and a sieve defensively. OSU is basically breaking in their entire defense. I bet they get locked down in the 2nd half here.

I’ve been focused on Benhart when Nebbie has the ball. He missed his calling by not going to Wisconsin. Holy hell does he hold a lot, but never gets called.

Nebraska cannot hit an OSU player without getting called for targeting. Big Ten refs trying to protect the Buckeyes at all costs.

Hard to be too judgmental on first games. I believe all teams will struggle a bit. Meanwhile Nebraska is fuming over the 2nd targeting call.

Hard to be too judgmental on first games. I believe all teams will struggle a bit. Meanwhile Nebraska is fuming over the 2nd targeting call.
Is Jay Sawvell their DB coach?

That play live looked like it could've been targeting. You call the targeting penalty and review it if it's close. If you don't throw the flag you can't review for it. There is no harm in throwing the flag there.

Nebraska didn't help itself by not trying to move the ball with over a minute left and multiple timeouts.

Refs aren't favoring anyone.
Even if it was to the head it shouldn't have been targeting. It's not like he was headhunting, it was a soft call intended to help the offense.

Since then, two more targeting calls against Nebraska, both confirmed. On both even the commentators and Mike Pereira criticized the call.

Nebraska's been bad enough they wouldn't have won but with 3 targeting calls it's hard to believe the refs aren't favoring them. At most one of them should have been called on the field and none of them should have resulted in ejection.

Top Bottom