Week 5 Other Games Thread

Tulane is now 4-1 after beating Houston. Hologorsen was not happy.

And ESPN continues to cut away from games to watch Judge get walked. Tonight they did it while Tulane was driving trying to tie the game with under 2 minutes left. Pathetic.
I didn't mind them showing Judge, but they should have kept the play by play on the football game. Then again, getting a break from having to listen to Beth Mowan for the call was nice...

Objectively, who do we cheer for in Illinois - Wisconsin? Here are the remaining schedules after this week:

Illinois:
Home: Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan State, Purdue
Away: Nebraska, Michigan, Northwestern

Wisconsin:
Home: Purdue, Maryland, Minnesota
Away: Northwestern, Michigan State, Iowa, Nebraska

For Wisconsin, I would say they could go 0-4 against MD, MN, MSU and IA, but they could also win all of those games as well.

For Illinois, who besides MI & MN is a likely loss? To me, they look like they have the easier remaining schedule, so is it bad to cheer for WI? 🤢
I honestly don't think it really matters at this point but I am really curious to see how this game goes for both teams. Sucks that both Iowa/Michigan and Wisconsin/Illinois are at the same time as our game because those are the only Big Ten games that really interest me this weekend outside of ours.

We will learn a lot about Illinois with how the next two weeks go against Wisconsin and then Iowa. The schedule is kind of rough for them with 3 straight tough games in a row before their bye week. And they get us coming off our Bye week where the players should be rested and the coaches will have had a couple weeks to get them ready.

Scoreboard watching is fun but it is too early to start playing out the championship scenarios. Just have to hope we continue to take care of business and then let things play out here for a couple of weeks. Once we get to the midway point of the conference season we will have a much better feel for who the threats are.

I strongly hope our stadium never does that “light show” bs that they are doing in the Rosebowl tonight when UCLA scores. It is awful.

I think it is an option when LED lights are installed in stadiums.

It literally detracts from the players and their achievement.

I thought Michael Penis (sorry, typo) was a heisman QB? What an awful half of football by Washington.

UCLA absolutely destroying Washington 33-10, and it’s going to get worse.

I was wrong, game on. I do think that Washington coach is good. Nebraska should look at him if they are smart. If they get the Kansas guy or this guy they’ve done well.

Just saw last couple minutes but UCLA QB comes across as an a-hole. Good player but an a-hole. :)

Washington laid an egg. Hopefully the Gophers don't follow suit.

I’m looking forward to the MSU Maryland game. MSU should be able to end the losses today and beat Maryland. But Maryland can score against anyone and has a good chance to win. A loss for the Spartans will certainly bring out the boos, while a win will help ease their fans concerns. A Maryland loss will be disappointing, but I don’t see the fan base imploding. However a win will put the Terrapins back into n track for a good showing in the East.

2 things in the badger game stuck out today. 1 how many drops and stupid penalties can a team take. 2 Brett B’s belly, that dude really packed on some weight.

#1 in the country not looking hot

Missouri with a 63-yard run to the 1 yard line, tries to go fast, gets a false start. Now must settle for FG attempt.

The novelty of going fast has worn off. Defenses get it. It results in a bad outcome more often than not now.

One TD and eight FG’s at Mizzou. The champs are in trouble.

Top Bottom