Week 5 Other Games Thread

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Michigan at Iowa: Crazy stats about on how top 10 teams perform at Kinnick.

1-7 in last 8 for Top 10 teams at Iowa. Since 2000 only 1 top 10 team has won by more than 1 score at Iowa.
Glad we host them this year.

UCLA and Washington both 4-0 on Friday
Kentucky and Ole Miss both 4-0
NC State and Clemson both 4-0
12 off the games with ranked teams involve 1 loss or better match-ups

Last edited:

I don't know how Iowa can legitimately stay on course with Michigan.

There isn't enough voodoo to keep that game close.

Michigan 30
Hawkeye's 13. (Two FG's and a defensive TD).

Michigan vs. Iowa will be very interesting to see how the Iowa defense holds up against a good offensive team with a good RB. Iowa defense has been fantastic but Iowa State is really the only decent offense they have faced so far. I expect their D to keep Michigan in check but can they stop them enough for the Iowa offense to get into field goal range enough times to spring the upset.

Outside of that game the Big Ten slate isn't great with the exception of the intriguing Illinois/Wisconsin game. Also curious to see what MSU has against Maryland although that one doesn't really impact us much at this point.

I would be. And it's not because Michigan is that good, it's because Iowa's offense is that bad. 131st and dead last to be exact. New Mexico St and Colorado have better offenses than Iowa right now.
Kind of where I am at as well. The Iowa defense may be able to keep the game low scoring but assuming Michigan doesn't help them by letting the defense score I am not convinced the Iowa defense can shut them out and I don't think the Iowa offense will score on the Michigan D.

One thing that pisses me off about this weekends games is that Minnesota, Iowa, and the Wisconsin games are all 11 am kickoffs. I hate it when they all play at the same time.

I'm very curious about how Illinois stacks up with Wisconsin.

Iowa and Michigan seems more like a 2:30 or night kickoff.

Oh well

Five games this weekend involving two ranked teams:
- Kentucky-Ole Miss
- Alabama-Arkansas
- Oklahoma St-Baylor
- Wake Forest-Florida St
- NC St-Clemson

Kind of where I am at as well. The Iowa defense may be able to keep the game low scoring but assuming Michigan doesn't help them by letting the defense score I am not convinced the Iowa defense can shut them out and I don't think the Iowa offense will score on the Michigan D.
I don’t think anyone can reasonably make that assumption having watched this defense the last year and change.

Five games this weekend involving two ranked teams:
- Kentucky-Ole Miss
- Alabama-Arkansas
- Oklahoma St-Baylor
- Wake Forest-Florida St
- NC St-Clemson

A few of those teams are a surprise but Kentucky-Ole Miss? In the last 20 years wonder how many times one of those teams was ranked in the 5th week let alone both of them.

Last time they played Michigan won by 39.

That Iowa defense is going to spend a lot of time on the football field Saturday. It could get ugly, especially later in the game

Michigan hasn't won in Iowa City since 2005. I'm not predicting a win. Just saying I won't be shocked.

They've played in Iowa City 4 times during that 16 year stretch. You might know more about those Iowa teams but can't imagine that more than 1 of them was as bad as this years team.

Iowa #1 Scoring Defense/Michigan #1 Scoring Offense
Michigan #7 Scoring Defense/Iowa # 131 Scoring Offense
Iowa normally wins the field position battle but I'm not so sure that they can do it against Michigan. I wouldn't be surprised, if it's the Iowa offense that makes the big mistake, a pick six or fumble on their end of the field.

Wow. I assumed Kaz was a media figure trying to be a shock jock, but he's the D line coach for Nebby. What a d-bag.
I mean I guess he doesn't have to worry about getting fired since he knows that is already happening anyway. But odd to see a position coach take a shot at another teams head coach like that. Very strange.

Nebraska is going to be a full on dumpster fire for the rest of the season.

Wow. I assumed Kaz was a media figure trying to be a shock jock, but he's the D line coach for Nebby. What a d-bag.

He was the former Nebraska D Line coach under Pelini until 2014. He's not the current one, and I don't think he's coached since.

He was arrested and charged for domestic assault in 2015, and there was also smoke about him undermining the coaching staff with players. He's a first class loser.

He was the former Nebraska D Line coach under Pelini until 2014. He's not the current one, and I don't think he's coached since.

He was arrested and charged for domestic assault in 2015, and there was also smoke about him undermining the coaching staff with players. He's a first class loser.
Ok, that makes more sense. Couldn't really see a current coach going off like that about another team's head coach. Even in a messed up situation like the one Nebraska is in.

Last edited:

Imagine being Nebraska and still acting this cocky.
Well, technically the biggest clown is no longer in college football. Nebraska fired him!!

Edit: Just saw the next comments about the dipshit that wrote that garbage. Maybe the 2nd biggest clown was just fired..........

Oh, I thought he was current. Thanks.

Tonight:

6PM - South Carolina Gamecocks -39.5 | South Carolina State Bulldogs +39.5
7PM - Utah State +24 | BYU -24

Not sure how I would bet these, but I'll be watching both.

Top Bottom