Week 4 Other Games Thread

The early games today look like a snooze-fest. That's what happens when Fox's feature is Ohio State and Marshall.

Think 'Cuse underestimated Stanford
That's gotta be a rough roadtrip. Wonder if they spent the night and came home today?

They turn right around and go to Clemson next weekend. But then only have to go to Notre Dame (not an ACC game) in Oct and NC State in Nov, with Berkeley as the last "road trip".

So really only three cross-country Eastern trips, not terrible.

That may have been the worst overtime performance I have ever seen
And the best as well. On offense, IL scored their TD running a total of two plays, both of which were hardly defended. And on defense, the pressure they were able to get on Raiola was really impressive. I still miss the Pelini days, but at least we've got the Broken Chair to remember him.

That's gotta be a rough roadtrip. Wonder if they spent the night and came home today?

They turn right around and go to Clemson next weekend. But then only have to go to Notre Dame (not an ACC game) in Oct and NC State in Nov, with Berkeley as the last "road trip".

So really only three cross-country Eastern trips, not terrible.
Their equipment truck is headed straight for Clemson, which would make sense

As it’s been said, North Carolina is not a good football team. That was another really bad loss, like we’ve seen multiple times the last couple seasons. All because of our horrific offense. All we can do is hope it changes going forward.

The pattern continues, lose one winnable game a year! But at least we consistently don't win games we shouldn't.

Hey, maybe NC will turn out to be that 1 game a year that we absolutely should have won but found a way to lose?

Last edited:

UNCs defense is terrible. How the Gophers only managed 17 points.....

Their equipment truck is headed straight for Clemson, which would make sense
That's wild to me. I would wonder if even NFL teams have to do that.

Doesn't seem worth it to me. I get wanting to stay in a "power" conference, and be "relevant", but I'm guessing the amount of money they're going to get from being in the ACC vs whatever they could've scrounged together by sticking it out with WA/OR State and some MWC teams, is not going to enable them to be nationally competitive. I could be dead wrong about that, though ..

UNC's Wet Paper Bag Defense

Gophers set-up good plays against UNC but then mistakes.

Brosmer has been mostly effective at avoiding turnovers. The interception last week was not his fault.

We will see if Iowa brings major pressure.

Top Bottom