Week 3 Other Games Thread

Some of the posts that advocated taking NMSU and the points seemed to imply it was a no-brainer, and the Gophers wouldn't come close to covering, because we're far too conservative on offense to run up the points. I would imagine that the folks who thought it would be an easy cover for Kill's team, and therefore took the points, were not feeling quite so so cocky toward the end of that game. I'll bet they were very relieved to see Minnesota go into victory formation and take some kneel-downs.

My main reason for posing the question, however, is to see if some of those same folks believe the Badgers will beat up on NMSU even worse than the Gophers did. Wisconsin, like Minnesota, is known for favoring a run-first, ball control style on offense.

Will there be similarities in outcome? Will Wisconsin be more, or less dominant than Minnesota was?
I think there are a couple of different angles. First off, I think Fleck was being very careful to treat Kill with kid gloves. He knew that NMSU was outmanned and if Fleck were a bitter guy who was ticked at Kill's comments about him, he might have hung 70 on them. As it was, I think Fleck pumped the brakes. Plus, I don't think Fleck really enjoys running up the score. My aging brain gets foggier by the day, but was last week's game the first time Fleck won by greater than 50 points? That said, given situations, maybe we haven't been able to run up the score given the level of the competition.

Further, Wisconsin has never recoiled from pouring it on even well after the game is out of reach for their opponent. I'm not taking any kind of high road here. Different teams have different approaches to blowouts. That said, Chryst may feel the same way about Kill in terms of respect for an old school football guy that many others do and that might curb his enthusiasm for burying the Aggies.

Didn’t want to start a new thread for this so instead it’ll be a warmup to this weekend’s games.

There has been no defense in the Florida St vs Louisville game. Neither of these teams looks good to me...

Glad no one else is wasting their time. No defense whatsoever and neither team seems to care.

Louisville may have gotten away with one there. I can’t slow mine down frame by frame, but way to close to not review a possible fumble on the goal line.

FSU/Louisville - scheduled kickoff, 6:30
Wyoming/Air Force - scheduled kickoff, 7:00

Wyoming game reached halftime before Louisville.

FSU starting QB, Jordan Travis leaves with lower leg injury. Announcers calling it a knee, I’m calling it an ankle. Anyways, a huge step down to QB2. This game is over, if Travis does not come back.

Wyoming up 10-0 on Air Force, 7:21 left in the 2nd.

Yeah.....basically......lock in your MAX bets on Gophers to cover any number. Air Force beat Colorado 41-10. 41 points on the Buffaloes defense. Meanwhile.....Illinois beat Wyoming 38-6 in week one.

Illinois KILLED a team (Wyoming) that's blanking a team (Air Force) that crushed Colorado. I know that transitive property isn't a great metric with NCAA Football.....but I think this is worth considering. Colorado is absolutely terrible. There is no getting around how bad this team is. If the Gophers aren't winning by more than 17 at half.....we'll have to have a serious conversation about what's wrong with OUR team.

QUOTE: "There is no getting around how bad this team is. If the Gophers aren't winning by more than 17 at half.....we'll have to have a serious conversation about what's wrong with OUR team."

Oh, we'll have the "What's wrong with our team" conversation no matter what the score is, halftime or final.

We're Minnesotans. We're all about the doom and gloom, come what may. If this game ends in a blowout in our favor, we'll all be discussing how weak our schedule is. Or, failing that, how much we hate our team's alternate uniforms.

Last edited:

Why is MSU ranked 11 if they can’t even be favored vs an unranked team?
That line is way off. One of the rare situations where the ranking is more correct than Vegas. Vegas is 100% bought in on Penix (Indiana's former QB).

Air Force coming back with a pair of TDs ,and down only 17-14 with 5 minutes left.

Wow…FSU backup QB Tate Rodemaker shows up in the 2nd half and we have a tie game at Louisville, 28-28 with 13 minutes left.

And then Louisville goes for 55 yards on the first play after the kick.

If you’re still up, it would be in your best interest to watch the end of the FSU/Louisville game right now.

Louisville D is trash.

Air Force Wyoming kicked off ~1/2 hour after FSU/Lou. Wyoming is done, this game still has 9 minutes left.

Wow…FSU backup QB Tate Rodemaker shows up in the 2nd half and we have a tie game at Louisville, 28-28 with 13 minutes left.

And then Louisville goes for 55 yards on the first play after the kick.

Not a whole lot to see here. Louisville has an absolutely pathetic defense. The fact that FSU beat LSU has WAY more to say about LSU than it does about Louisville.

Everyone remember.....Syracuse trashed this Louisville team. Will be interesting to see them tomorrow against Purdue.

Not a whole lot to see here. Louisville has an absolutely pathetic defense. The fact that FSU beat LSU has WAY more to say about LSU than it does about Louisville.

Everyone remember.....Syracuse trashed this Louisville team. Will be interesting to see them tomorrow against Purdue.
FSU with coaching malpractice near the goal line, until they throw a fade to their huge WR Wilson over an overmatched DB.

Don’t sleep on ’Cuse, they will surprise some people this year. Starting tomorrow. They’ve looked good their first 2 games.

Louisville defense might be trash, but LB Momo Sanogo might be my favorite name so far this year.

Sagarin does not have enough data to feed into his computer to reliably set the spread.
This is the best time of the year to bet on college football.

I absolutely rolled last Saturday. Hoping to take advantage while questions are still rolling around.

Nebraska hasn't reached a bowl game since 2016! Didn't realize that they've been THAT bad.

Matchup Time (ET) TV/Mobile
UConn at 4 Michigan 12:00pm ABC
6 Oklahoma at Nebraska 12:00pm FOX
Purdue at Syracuse 12:00pm ESPN2
Southern Illinois at Northwestern 12:00pm BTN
WKU at Indiana 12:00pm BTN
Rutgers at Temple 2:00pm ESPN+
Colorado at Minnesota 3:30pm ESPN2
New Mexico State at Wisconsin 3:30pm BTN
22 Penn State at Auburn 3:30pm CBS
Toledo at 3 Ohio State 7:00pm FOX
11 Michigan State at Washington 7:30pm ABC
Nevada at Iowa 7:30pm BTN
SMU at Maryland 7:30pm FS1

Other then Penn St and Auburn and our game, not a lot to look at in the Big Ten. I suppose OU and Nebraska has early flavor. My game I'm looking forward to is Miss St at LSU. Might be a lot of reporters late to a press conference again next week, just saying.

What’s the Okie vs. Nebby line? Or is it off the board?

For my betting brethren out there, is this your mortal lock of the day?

Top Bottom