Week 2 Other Games Thread

Everyone has written the Gophers off because of the tough schedule.

But at least one contender looks like a paper Tiger (Illinois), and two dark horses have already taken losses (Purdon’t and NebrASSka). What if this is another 2019 type season where the Gophers wobble but win out of the gate and catch fire?

I’m always optimistic until the team dictates otherwise. I was worried about the rise of Illinois last year but it may be starting to look like Bielema’s tenure there could end up looking like his work at Arkansas, with a few dozen more pounds as an exclamation point.

Everyone has written the Gophers off because of the tough schedule.

But at least one contender looks like a paper Tiger (Illinois), and two dark horses have already taken losses (Purdon’t and NebrASSka). What if this is another 2019 type season where the Gophers wobble but win out of the gate and catch fire?

I’m always optimistic until the team dictates otherwise. I was worried about the rise of Illinois last year but it may be starting to look like Bielema’s tenure there could end up looking like his work at Arkansas, with a few dozen more pounds as an exclamation point.

This, so much this.

Former Gopher Austin Booker with a sack

Edit: 2 sacks now

Edit 2: Booker just destroyed the Illinois QB with a targeting to the midsection, He is ejected.

Last edited:

The tackling attempts by the Illini defenders on that touchdown that was called back! lol. It's not a fluke. This is a shitty defense.

I get the feeling Lance Leipold could coach football anywhere and be successful.

The tackling attempts by the Illini defenders on that touchdown that was called back! lol. It's not a fluke. This is a shitty defense.
I hate when refs throw a flag when they clearly didn’t see a penalty. That was a complete guess by the official. He didn’t see a penalty, he assumed there was one. Elementary, cardinal rule of officiating.

Former Gopher Austin Booker with a sack

Edit: 2 sacks now

Edit 2: Booker just destroyed the Illinois QB with a targeting to the midsection, He is ejected.
He was disruptive and looked good all night I thought.

Horrible review. Booth caused a a fake 3rd down

Wild interception by Kansas hit the hands of Ill WR and Kansas DB and then another Kansas DB juggled it and caught it.

We don't have close to the explosive athletes on offense that Kansas has. We will struggle against Illinois.
I mean most of the time guys were running wide open In space on slants and crosses off a free release. That is a mainstay of our offense.

Top Bottom