Week 2 Other Games Thread

Mother of God, Florida State. Lost to FCS Jacksonville State 17-14 on a blasphemously bad ending.

Wonder what they’d give for an embarrassing win.

Looking at the first two games, It doesn't seem like Fleck is putting much or enough emphasis on defense.

I hope he is reading this forum.
For sure: he isn’t even trying!

Mother of God, Florida State. Lost to FCS Jacksonville State 17-14 on a blasphemously bad ending.

They don’t even look like they’re trying

Sooo ND might not be that good?

I think the worst thing that happened to the Gophers yesterday was Ohio State not beating Oregon by about 21.

I didn't think Oregon would stand a chance, but this is 2nd year in a row where we lost week one to teams I thought were going to be really good and really dominant, only to watch them both lose in upsets the following week.

Last year MI lost to Mich St week 2.
This year OSU to Oregon.

Who do we play week one next year? They will lose in week 2.

For sure: he isn’t even trying!
The old saying that "defense wins championships' isn't wrong. I didn't say he wasn't trying. He's probably trying, but he hasn't recruited the personnel to have a good defense. AWjr and a couple others were fine, but generally... no.

It's probably why he's hit the portal so hard.

ND needed OT to beat FSU last week....and nearly lost to Toledo yesterday.

Looks like both FSU and ND can be thrown into the trash heap.

The old saying that "defense wins championships' isn't wrong. I didn't say he wasn't trying. He's probably trying, but he hasn't recruited the personnel to have a good defense. AWjr and a couple others were fine, but generally... no.

It's probably why he's hit the portal so hard.

Is 7 transfers your definition of hitting the portal "so hard"?
What is the ideal number in your mind in the age of the popular transfer portal?

Is 7 transfers your definition of hitting the portal "so hard"?
What is the ideal number in your mind in the age of the popular transfer portal?
"7" is the definition of hitting the portal hard. If you are a good recruiter/talent developer, 2 or 3 transfers is just plugging in a few weak spots and should be enough.

Look around the B1G West and see what Wisky/Iowa are getting. I bet it isn't seven transfers in.

I am happy to see Harbaugh go back to playing Michigan football. Line em up and move the pile forward. Don’t try to be something you're not.
I see Michigan as being at the same level as Iowa and Wisconsin. I see the Gophers knocking at the door of that level. All of these teams are a level below the elite programs in college football.

Love this call on the play from Jacksonville's radio broadcast team (and the fact that they beat FSU)

"7" is the definition of hitting the portal hard. If you are a good recruiter/talent developer, 2 or 3 transfers is just plugging in a few weak spots and should be enough.

Look around the B1G West and see what Wisky/Iowa are getting. I bet it isn't seven transfers in.
I think Iowa may have taken more transfers than we did the two previous year. This past year was a good year to utilize transfers as they don’t have to sit out.

Yeah it isn’t like a Clemson transfer gets the ball on 50% of Wisconsin’s plays or anything

Huh?

I was referencing the total number of transfers, not how much they are utilized.
For sure. The transfer portal giving you 40% of your offense does not mean you are hitting it hard. But having 7 guys on the roster does.

For sure. The transfer portal giving you 40% of your offense does not mean you are hitting it hard. But having 7 guys on the roster does.
You're looking desperate when you cherry pick stats.

Seven portal guys is a lot regardless how you try to spin it.

Plus, using your logic, Chryst did a better job finding guys.

Quit digging a deeper hole because I can do this all day.

You're looking desperate when you cherry pick stats.

Seven portal guys is a lot regardless how you try to spin it.

Plus, using your logic, Chryst did a better job finding guys.

Quit digging a deeper hole because I can do this all day.
If you read what I’ve been saying all summer it’s that our defensive recruiting has been lacking. Fleck’s record without Winfield playing is abysmal

would you prefer he not address it?
Is Wisconsin building wrong by picking up a transfer running back to fill a hole

If you read what I’ve been saying all summer it’s that our defensive recruiting has been lacking. Fleck’s record without Winfield playing is abysmal

would you prefer he not address it?
Is Wisconsin building wrong by picking up a transfer running back to fill a hole
I guess I didn't understand that you were being critical of Fleck.

To me it looked like you were defending his approach.

Apologies.

Top Bottom