Week 14 - Other Games - Thread (There are no other games)

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
FIRST OF ALL, THERE ARE NO OTHER GAMES THIS WEEKEND!!!

Tuesday

Western Mich vs No Illinois

Thursday
Ole Miss vs Miss St. (Egg)

Friday
TX vs Texas Tech
Virginia vs Virginia Tech
Iowa at Nebraska (go Iowa!)

Saturday
OSU vs Michigan
Ga va Ga Tech. (Poor Ga Tech)
Alabama vs Auburn (go Auburn)
Baylor vs Kansas (go Kansas)
Oregon St vs Oregon (Go Beavers)
GA State vs Ga Southern (I'm confused. Thought they were the same thing... must be a split-squad game).
Texas A&M at LSU - The invitation to chaos.
Colorado vs Utah - Go Buffaloes
Fl St vs Florida - Go State
OK vs OK-SU. Go OkSU.

Last edited:

Out of all the other games this week, I'm not sure if I would take more pleasure from seeing Nebraska not be able to make it to bowl eligibility for the second straight year under the "savior" Frost. Let's go Iowa!

The Fighting Soliches with a big win tonight.

Western Michigan have trouble with a sub .500 Northern Illinois.

I'm not going to look it up, but I wonder if Solich has more wins at Ohio than Nebraska has had since they fired him. Probably close...

Looked it up. Solich has 112 wins at Ohio since 2005 and Nebraska has 117 in the same time period...

Shocking twist in the We Took Your Coach Bowl!

The NIU Kills had it up 17-14, 3rd and 3, two minutes to go with the WMU Flecks out of time-outs. RUTM through a big hole for the game-clinching first down, but fumbled and lost the ball a few yards after the line to gain.

WMU immediately completes a 20 yard pass over the middle...but fumbled on that play themselves. Game over. Serious MACtion!

The Fighting Soliches with a big win tonight.

Western Michigan have trouble with a sub .500 Northern Illinois.
I tuned in briefly for WMU v NIU. What an awful environment to watch a football game. Tuesday night. Cold, rain, wind, outdoors. Home team can't get bowl eligible with a win.

I think their stadium capacity is in the 2x thousands. I would be surprised if more than 5k were there. Talk about diehard fans!

The NIU Kills had it up 17-14, 3rd and 3, two minutes to go with the WMU Flecks out of time-outs. RUTM through a big hole for the game-clinching first down, but fumbled and lost the ball a few yards after the line to gain.

WMU immediately completes a 20 yard pass over the middle...but fumbled on that play themselves. Game over. Serious MACtion!

Fleck played at NIU.

Does anyone have any interest in watching sub .500 Ole Miss versus sub .500 Mississippi St? Mississippi St can get bowl eligible with a win. So I'll take Ole Miss in a snoozer.

I'd rather watch the NFL today...

Does anyone have any interest in watching sub .500 Ole Miss versus sub .500 Mississippi St? Mississippi St can get bowl eligible with a win. So I'll take Ole Miss in a snoozer.

I'd rather watch the NFL today...
I will say this, I have zero interest in ever setting foot in the state of Mississippi. I'm not sure why a person would feel compelled to do so. That is all.

Egg Bowl turns out to be one for the books.

Ole Miss gets the stop with about 2 minutes left to get the ball back, down 21-14.

Miss St clock keeper keeps the clock running on first downs and stops it for the second that the ref places the ball and then restarts.

Thanks to a long pass, Ole Miss gets to the 30. Next play, pass interference.
Next thing you know Ole Miss is taking repeated shots into the end zone. Finally, with just 4 seconds left, they throw a pass to the WR and he makes a great attempt to cross the goal line.
WR decides to celebrate by getting on hands and knees and lifts his leg like he's peeing like a dog.

Flag thrown.

Miss St pushes the extra point back from the 3 to the 21. Extra point attempt misses by a narrow margin.

Miss St wins thanks to peeing on the field penalty.

Twitter erupts with "Ole Piss" and "They pissed that one away" and other clever sayings.

Elijah Moore was a highly recruited 4-star WR who went to Ole Miss. Tonight he pissed away a game for Ole Miss.

That's fantastic. I wonder if that Ole Miss Kicker is destined to be a Viking. We tend to like kickers that can't hit extra points. What an ending in a rivalry game. What a moron. But, he got what he had coming to him.

Call me a weirdo, but I don't agree that the game was lost because of the WR.

Was the kick really that hard to make? I put that loss on the kicker.

Call me a weirdo, but I don't agree that the game was lost because of the WR.

Was the kick really that hard to make? I put that loss on the kicker.
Kick would have been good from regular range.
Therefore I blame the WR.

Kick would have been good from regular range.
Therefore I blame the WR.
Totally understand that, and that is how it is being sold.

But, why can't a P5 kicker make a 35yd field goal?? If it was a normal situation of a 35yd FG, to win the game, no one would say anything other than "the kicker missed a pretty easy FG to lose the game".

Totally understand that, and that is how it is being sold.

But, why can't a P5 kicker make a 35yd field goal?? If it was a normal situation of a 35yd FG, to win the game, no one would say anything other than "the kicker missed a pretty easy FG to lose the game".
Most losses are the product of multiple problems. I try to pin the loss on the most easily avoidable of those problems. Kickers are occassionally going to miss 35 yard kicks. Plenty of receivers are smart enough make it through their entire career without taking a penalty for pretending to be a peeing dog in the end zone.

Wonder how his teammates feel about him doing something that selfish in a big situation.

That's not at all incorrect. I just think the kicker should've, still, easily been able to make that kick. That's all.

An extra point in college is still essentially a "gimmie". You need to really miss-hit it to miss.
From a percentage stand point, probably 99% makes.

A 35 yard field goal to tie a game is a missable FG.
I would guess around 90-95% makes.

As a team you do your best to eliminate mistakes to win a game.

Va. Tech vs Va. is a matchup of two good, not great, teams. Its a heated rivalry and ill be watching.

An extra point in college is still essentially a "gimmie". You need to really miss-hit it to miss.
From a percentage stand point, probably 99% makes.

A 35 yard field goal to tie a game is a missable FG.
I would guess around 90-95% makes.

As a team you do your best to eliminate mistakes to win a game.
Do not tell this to the UVa kicker (history kicking woes for the Virginia program the past few years). His first missed XP looms large right now.

The "black" shirts just scored a TD

Holy Moly. Iowa takes the kickoff to the house.

Top Bottom