Week 14, Conference Championship Week Other Games Thread

Regardless of what happens today, Alabama has zero business playing in the CFP.
I really hope they make it tbh

Because that is what might end the committee as a thing in the next playoff structure and move it to some objective criteria

Okay elite minds. I've come up with another one...

Say TCU loses to KSU (which they are at the moment) AND LSU beats Georgia. Do you take 2 loss Bama, who lost to LSU over LSU? Do you take 3 Loss LSU who is the SEC Champ over TCU? If TCU loses and LSU wins, there will be steam they deserve to be there. Would be fun to see everyone argue it out.

Say TCU loses to KSU (which they are at the moment) AND LSU beats Georgia. Do you take 2 loss Bama, who lost to LSU over LSU? Do you take 3 Loss LSU who is the SEC Champ over TCU? If TCU loses and LSU wins, there will be steam they deserve to be there. Would be fun to see everyone argue it out.
If that was the case (assuming Michigan wins) I think Clemson should be in play

Could be. But how do you leave the SEC Champion out? I don't think they have a chance, but sure would be fun.

1670092876712.png

According to 538's model, Kansas State has the better odds to make the playoffs with a win over #3 TCU.

Did Duggan ever commit to us or was he just considering us?

None of the above. Regular season much more important than 13th game that few have a chance to play in.

I don't see how Clemson would leapfrog Alabama. Alabama's losses were both close games to teams that were ranked in the top ten when they played them. Not saying it couldn't happen but just seems unlikely.

oh I don't like that call reversing the safety. I don't like that at all.

Sonny Dykes the son of the longtime Colorado St coach?

Nope, I was totally wrong. That was Sonny Lubick

Candidate for worst kickoff ever.

Could be. But how do you leave the SEC Champion out? I don't think they have a chance, but sure would be fun.
3 losses? Pretty easy to leave 3 loss conference champions with losses to 5-7 teams out IMO

If an LSU team who lost to Florida state and Texas A&M (who themselves lost to 6-6 app state) wins the SEC, it is possible the SEC isn’t as good as people think it is

I don't see how Clemson would leapfrog Alabama. Alabama's losses were both close games to teams that were ranked in the top ten when they played them. Not saying it couldn't happen but just seems unlikely.
Conference championships is one of the listed criteria
They have never jumped a conference champ for a non conference champ when the non conference champ has the same number of losses before

There have been some really good games this year for championship week.

As I watch these games this weekend I can’t help but think the big ten west is underrated
These defenses suck. Unsound physically and schematically at times

Top Bottom