Week 14, Conference Championship Week Other Games Thread

Ohio St has the best chance of beating Georgia IMO.

For the record I never want two from the same conference. I think Ohio state will be the 4 now.

I would rather see top 4 conference champs in playoff

After being subjected to the SEC with two multiple times, it would be sheer hilarity to see the Big Ten with two this year - just as a cherry on top after the epic TV deal Warren just reeled in.

After being subjected to the SEC with two multiple times, it would be sheer hilarity to see the Big Ten with two this year - just as a cherry on top after the epic TV deal Warren just reeled in.
Yup.

Don't know what Coach Whittingham told his team at the end of 1st qtr, but the earlier season team has returned...wow

Just checked the stats. USC gives up 405 yards per game (that will go up after today). That puts them in Northwestern/Nebraska territory on defense.

Edit: Northwestern is way better on defense than USC.

Should be GA vs. OH St, and MI vs TCU.
Penn State v. Utah in the Rose Bowl.

Until Michigans loses to Purdue tomorrow. Then … chaos.

That was a fun game cheering for Utah. My wife even watched the second half and she doesn't like football. She burst out laughing when the announcer said: You can't win championships if you can't tackle.

That was funny. And boy was USC horsesh!t at tackling.

The chaos if Mich, TCU, and Georgia lost tomorrow... I know it's unlikely but can you imagine?

The chaos if Mich, TCU, and Georgia lost tomorrow... I know it's unlikely but can you imagine?
All three would still be in. They would all have one loss. No two loss team would jump them. TCU has a strong strength of schedule.

I think the field is set. It's just the question of the order.

All three would still be in. They would all have one loss. No two loss team would jump them. TCU has a strong strength of schedule.

I think the field is set. It's just the question of the order.

I think if TCU loses, they get screwed and 2 loss Alabama goes instead of them. Just how the system works. Which would mean 2 SEC vs 2 Big Ten, which would be fun to see...

I think if TCU loses, they get screwed and 2 loss Alabama goes instead of them. Just how the system works. Which would mean 2 SEC vs 2 Big Ten, which would be fun to see...
That would be pure BS. I don't see it, but the love of the SEC and Alabama would probably do it.

Alabama played three ranked teams. They lost to ranked LSU and Tennessee. They beat 21st ranked Texas only because the Texas qb got hurt.

I think TCU is in with the loss.

Now, if TCU gets blown out, well..................

Last edited:

Yep. The committee is setting up that chance by ranking Alabama ahead of Tennessee even though Tennessee beat them.

As much as I like chaos, I hope TCU, Michigan and Georgia take care of business today to make sure.

For sure Georgia and Michigan are still in with losses. Only question is TCU and think they should be in as well. I'm actually of the mind that the playoffs should be set before the conference championship games as they have to play a 13th game.

For sure Georgia and Michigan are still in with losses. Only question is TCU and think they should be in as well. I'm actually of the mind that the playoffs should be set before the conference championship games as they have to play a 13th game.
Not a bad idea. Kind of like the National Champion was crowned before bowl games once upon a time. Worked in our favor at least once...

I prefer it just not hurt you, but can only help you. Meaning a team that loses in a conference championship can't cause you to be leapfrogged by any teams that didn't play.

Now in the case this year, I believe Ohio St should have been ranked higher than USC going into the weekend but then a USC win would have moved them ahead of Ohio St. But this was a situation where Ohio St just lost and USC did awhile back, so they put USC ahead of them.

Top Bottom