Week 14, Conference Championship Week Other Games Thread

I don't inherently dislike Purdue but I love seeing Brohm suffer for some reason
I'm not a Brohm guy either for some reason. He's obviously a very good football guy, but (and I think I've said this before in here) he strikes me as Scott Frost with a sunnier personality. As for Purdue, I really can't stand touch football offenses.

As for the game, I give Purdue credit for giving Michigan really all they could handle. I suppose Michigan can use Corum's absence as a reason they didn't run away with the game, but Edwards is no slouch. Purdue's defense was a lot better this year than past editions and that showed out last night. They really left it all on the field. Michigan seemed disinterested at times, but that doesn't detract from the fact Purdue kept coming and gave them a game.

Purdue's performance did add a bit to my disappointment over the Gophers' season. It could have been us last night if we hadn't crapped the bed a couple of times.

Last edited:

Granted Purdue wasn’t the second best team in the B1G. But they were successful when it counted. However after watching the game and seeing Kevin Warren in the audience I can’t help but think he was embarrassed with the officials. One would think that the Championship game would require championship officials. Didn’t happen. Missing calls throughout the game, constant confusion, calls reversed that replay showed to be wrong. hopefully we have a new head of officials who will deviate from ” the good ole’ boys” that is so prevalent this season. Let the coaches grade officials after each game as to understanding the rules, judgment, and various other measures. Granted the losing coaches might not be honest in their appraisal but lumped together through out the season, a clear picture as to who is doing the job.

I'm not a Brohm guy either for some reason. He's obviously a very good football guy, but (and I think I've said this before in here) he strikes me as Scott Frost with a sunnier personality. As for Purdue, I really can't stand touch football offenses.

As for the game, I give Purdue credit for giving Michigan really all they could handle. I suppose Michigan can use Corum's absence as a reason they didn't run away with the game, but Edwards is no slouch. Purdue's defense was a lot better this year than past editions and that showed out last night. They really left it all on the field. Michigan seemed disinterested at times, but that doesn't detract from the fact Purdue kept coming and gave them a game.

Purdue's performance did add a bit to my disappointment over the Gophers' season. It could have been us last night if we hadn't crapped the bed a couple of times.
Bolded - his offense at Western Kentucky was pretty good. But he also had a really good QB in Mike White ... same guy who passed all over the Vikings yesterday.

Interestingly, White did really well as a Junior under Brohm. Then he had a sharp decrease in performance his senior year. I'll let you take one guess about who came in as the head coach that year.

And as McMurphy points out, i think they've got some things going for them against USC.

One thing great about the college game vs pros is that every two years or so you basically have a new team of starters, which can turn around your fortunes pretty quickly. You can go 2-10 one year and 10-2 the next. Every two years you get 50 new players and as everyone knows, the new QB that you just recruited is going to blow away the current QB, and all the new 'cruits are going to be awesome after two years in the weight room. Even if the dream doesn't mesh with reality, it's still a solid dream.

Tulane - last year...
1670274174664.png
Tulane - this year
1670274297031.png

Top Bottom