Week 1 Other Games Thread

It's nice that there are always some other teams out there to make me feel just a bit better that we eeked out a win.

Anybody else like me, I look at all this craziness, then find myself thankful that we found a way to win Thursday.

SDSU has some guys that can play!! Wow..QB throws a pretty nice ball

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We floundered against OSU and Wisconsin defeats the supposed #5 team in the country. That sucks...

Then again, I'm not sure who decided LSU was #5, because with that QB play, I don't see them winning much against any decent defense.

TCU plays defense like all Big 12 Teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anybody wondering, Philip Nelson is 28/32 for 398 and 5 TDs.

That is pretty amazing, though W. Carolina is no great shakes. Still, glad to see him land on his feet and get a new start after some awful mistakes in life.

On the local scene, I watched Augsburg College play their opener Sat nite against Northwestern College (through on-line video.) Auggies lost 14-0. Defense played decent, but offense really struggled with Sophomore QB making his first start and a young O-Line (starting 1 Soph and 2 FR) Could be a long year.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Would Lane Kiffin accept a HC offer from us? Asking for a friend.

Boy, USC kept it close for a while, but they just can't compete. Not sure if they are that much less or Bama is just that much better than anyone...

I hate to say it, but probably the latter. When their front 4 can get to the QB (and great secondary, LBs that can run and bring a load) on every snap it gives a an overwhelming numbers advantage to the Bama defense; even great athletic but traditional offenses will have trouble with this. There is a reason the dual threat QB teams tend to give them more problems (relatively speaking). Ohio State, with the talent they are amassing and the offense Meyer runs have as good a shot as anyone at defeating Bama. Clemson came close. USC without an elite defense really had no chance. That defense is too good.

He's a hunk of ****.

No thank you.

Maybe he's maturing. Maybe his over hyped glitzy thoughts of himself are a thing of the past. Somebody is going to give him a shot, with some assurances he won't pull a Tennessee.

Heck of an opening weekend and we still have two huge games left. So glad CFB is back.

I was amazed at how well prepared and how good South Dakota St. looked against TCU. How'd we let Jake Wieneke get away?

Heck of an opening weekend and we still have two huge games left. So glad CFB is back.

Yes it is pretty much the best sporting season. Each game matters a great deal plus all the history and rivalries involved make it great in my opinion.

That's a targeting penalty if I've ever seen one with that hit on Torii Hunter Jr.

How is that not targeting against Texas? He launched right into Torri Hunter Jr's helmet.

I don't think I've ever seen a blocked PAT returned for 2 this late in a game before.

Top Bottom