Week 1 Other Games Thread

Awwww....Golden boy Mertz just can't get it done for the Badgers. So not impressed with this kid, don't get the hype at all.
He clearly needs a better logo for his NIL marketing.

We've dug the Badgers' grave so many times, but it's a resilient program. That said, they do look a bit down talent-wise from where they've been in the past.

I don't have BTN, so I can't see the epic comaeback from Indiana. Down goes Whyowa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IU is reverting to the mean. Last season was a fluke. They will be bad again this year.

Iowa now plays on Duke Slater Field.

I had never heard of him before but I looked him up. Awesome dude.

Husker is done playing with High School team. SF & Co are proud of it as they only needed to throw out 20% of playbook.

Fordham let Shitbraska off the hook. Decided "You need this more than we do".

Maryland is looking really good early against West Virginia. Moving the ball at will.

Fordham let Shitbraska off the hook. Decided "You need this more than we do".
It would have been hilarious, but also a really bad look for the Big Ten West for Nebraska to lose to Fordham. We should be glad they won handily.

The last thing Minnesota wants is the Big Ten to rip up the divisions because Nebraska is now seen as a patsy.

We've dug the Badgers' grave so many times, but it's a resilient program. That said, they do look a bit down talent-wise from where they've been in the past.
Great defense.

Don't have a generational talent at rb currently

Base on limited data of 2020 and 2021 if Mertz doesn’t vastly improve, and quick, his NIL logo and those tshirts will be an ongoing fan joke that haunt him forever. Do something first?

Maryland is looking really good early against West Virginia. Moving the ball at will.
Big game for Minnesota tbh.

Hoping see defense improve over next few weeks

I should have bet more on football this weekend. A lot of my preseason assumptions have come true so far:

• Minnesota is great offense and sketchy D (actually bet Over and won)
  • Wisconsin isn't so hot
  • Rutgers is good
  • Indiana will regress

I bet heavy on Auburn to cover -36.5 against Akron we'll see how that goes.

That's a tough call. It's targeting by the book, but I don't think he was out to injure anyone.
Wonder if Fleck will send this in to the league office along with the one Thursday night for comparison?

Iowa just went up 21-3 on IU.

Reminds me a lot of our 2019 game in Corn City, so far. :(

This was amazing. I thought the stadium would fall down.

Folks can say what they want about the flaws of college football, but it's one of the most unique American cultural traditions, and one of the great global sporting atmospheres.

Wow. Alabama is on such a different level.

I'm tired of the conference dominance subject. Alabama could play in the PAC or the BIG or the WAC. That team is that team regardless of the conference they play in. The SEC has not won anything. Certain teams have won titles, but not the conference. Which is why I am in the minority when I don't want BIG to win bowl games. I want Michigan to lose every game they play. I want Dinksconsin to lose every game they play. I'm not a conference guy. I'm a Minnesota only guy.

Oops wrong thread.

IU is reverting to the mean. Last season was a fluke. They will be bad again this year.
They weren’t that good last year. They played a dogfight against a bad Wisconsin team as their best win.

the gophers lost to that same Wisconsin team in overtime two week later

Wow. Alabama is on such a different level.

I'm tired of the conference dominance subject. Alabama could play in the PAC or the BIG or the WAC. That team is that team regardless of the conference they play in. The SEC has not won anything. Certain teams have won titles, but not the conference. Which is why I am in the minority when I don't want BIG to win bowl games. I want Michigan to lose every game they play. I want Dinksconsin to lose every game they play. I'm not a conference guy. I'm a Minneosta only guy.

Oops wrong thread.
Yeah.
Alabama, LSU, Florida, and Auburn winning national titles doesn’t make Mississippi state better than Illinois

They weren’t that good last year.
You can pretend all you want, but you are wrong.

Whatever happens this year, can't change history last year, as much as you want to pretend it to be so.

Top Bottom