Week 0 Other Games Thread

Other interesting parts of this game. Tim Beck (former Nebraska and OSU coach) is NMSU's offensive coordinator.

NMSU backup QB just threw a 67-yard bomb on his first throw of the game and fade into super tight coverage on his first drive for 7.

End of game Media head final quote: “I expect that with even a five day turnaround that New Mexico State will play way better against Minnesota.”

Based on what? Their coach was here 7 seasons ago and most of his current players were in Junior high? Revenge!

Guessing he will get the start against us. Other guy was a mess. WR drop a lot of balls.
Whole team is a mess. 10 men on the field on defense, bad penalties, etc. Despite that, they probably should have won this game.

Don't think there's any chance they fix the drop issue in four days and will almost definitely get worse against a better secondary and d-line. Also think Minnesota's run game is going to shred this team to pieces.

End of game Media head final quote: “I expect that with even a five day turnaround that New Mexico State will play way better against Minnesota.”

Based on what?
Yeah, this team is gonna be a disaster in Minneapolis. Different level of competition and they can't even get 11 guys on the field. They do look a lot better than they were last year though.

I don't expect the Aggies to win next week but they are better than I thought they might be.

I think it shows how bad Nevada is
Could be. There were flying around with great effort though and didn’t have mental errors that give away free touchdowns.

It is possible they’re so bad up front that it doesn’t matter. But they played defense in a way that makes me think they can keep it under the point spread.

This FR QB for NMSU is pretty decent. strong arm and he can run a little bit.

He reminded me in look and style of Max Shortell stepping into the Coliseum and nearly leading the guys to an upset victory.

Objectively IMO looked pretty good for a true freshman. Have to think he’ll get strong consideration to be the guy after the JUCO Pavia was ridiculous with pass discipline. Looks like Frakes didn’t start until senior year in Norman OK so not under the radar. Interesting. Related to Jonathan?

Between PJ Fleck sitting on every lead he has ever had and NMSU looking slightly better than we thought, I'm not sure who is taking the other end of that point spread against the Gophers. It might happen, but I don't think that's where the smart money is.

/s arcasm shorthand, albeit historically a couple loud Gopher fans bag on QB production or stats at times that are wholly the receiver’s doing. Shrug.
How hard would it be to track drops and tipped ball int's, and not count those against QB stats??

Seems painfully obvious, but it's never done??

Whole team is a mess. 10 men on the field on defense, bad penalties, etc. Despite that, they probably should have won this game.

Don't think there's any chance they the drop issue in four days and will almost definitely get worse against a better secondary and d-line. Also think Minnesota's run game is going to shred this team to pieces.
I think that they can fix the bold in a week. As you wrote, the drops might take a littel longer. Was Kill known for being in the ears of his assistants while in Minnesota? A couple got butt-chewings last night.

Hopefully it will be like Kill’s first couple games here. Hopeful performance in the opener followed by a sobering atrocity of a game the next week, reminding everyone what a huge rebuild it was to be.

I think that they can fix the bold in a week. As you wrote, the drops might take a littel longer. Was Kill known for being in the ears of his assistants while in Minnesota? A couple got butt-chewings last night.

Yeah so much for being the cerebral CEO type above the fray, controlled emotions letting assistants coach, delegation and stress management LOL. He isn’t going to change at this late stage.

Top Bottom