Weather vs Iowa

Bronko actually played from 1927-1929, so we should look that up. Given that he hailed from Frostbite Falls, its likely nothing phased him
11/12/27 & 11/23/29 both averaged 18 degrees against Drake and Wisconsin respectively

I think the game vs MSU in 2012 has been the coldest game I have attended. LeVeon Bell could not be stopped and the Gophers offense was non existent

Michigan State out-gained Minnesota by a huge margin on the ground, picking up 278 rushing yards, while holding Minnesota to a paltry 4 yards. Running back Le'Veon Bellcarried the ball a whopping 35 times for 266 yards and a touchdown, while Donnell Kirkwood led the Golden Gophers with just 19 yards off of 10 carries. Philip Nelson and Max Shortell were sacked a few times, which dropped the rushing yardage down.

Minnesota head football coach Jerry Kill remained in the locker room when the rest of the team came out at halftime, and did not return to the sidelines. It's unclear why didn't return, but health issues have hampered his ability to coach before. There is no indication that health played a factor on Saturday, however.

Box Score Hero: Regardless of the final score, Michigan State got a huge game out of running back Le'Veon Bell, who carried the ball 35 times for 266 yards, good for an average of 7.6 yards per carry. Bell finally found the end zone halfway through the fourth quarter, scoring on an 8-yard rush.

I think the game vs MSU in 2012 has been the coldest game I have attended. LeVeon Bell could not be stopped and the Gophers offense was non existent

Michigan State out-gained Minnesota by a huge margin on the ground, picking up 278 rushing yards, while holding Minnesota to a paltry 4 yards. Running back Le'Veon Bellcarried the ball a whopping 35 times for 266 yards and a touchdown, while Donnell Kirkwood led the Golden Gophers with just 19 yards off of 10 carries. Philip Nelson and Max Shortell were sacked a few times, which dropped the rushing yardage down.

Minnesota head football coach Jerry Kill remained in the locker room when the rest of the team came out at halftime, and did not return to the sidelines. It's unclear why didn't return, but health issues have hampered his ability to coach before. There is no indication that health played a factor on Saturday, however.

Box Score Hero: Regardless of the final score, Michigan State got a huge game out of running back Le'Veon Bell, who carried the ball 35 times for 266 yards, good for an average of 7.6 yards per carry. Bell finally found the end zone halfway through the fourth quarter, scoring on an 8-yard rush.
The high temp that day was 30°F. Balmy compared to tomorrow.

The high temp that day was 30°F. Balmy compared to tomorrow.
I wonder what it was at the end of the game. The "feel" temp had to also be much lower and the wind was just whipping through. Combine that with me being underprepared and it was a nightmare.

I seriously don't think I thawed out until dinner Sunday night.

Our external garb will be our NorthFace brand lined rain pants. No fashion statement but it cuts both the wind and cold as well as rain, snow, and sleet.

Latest is game time temp of 15° and 15mph winds coming from the WNW.

The team with more players on the field that were born and raised in the Midwest will win.

The team with too many southerners on the field will lose.

It's all mental.

I usually wear hiking boots and three layers of socks, I think I'll wear my winter boots and see how that goes. Not as comfortable.

Insulated pants, baclava, multiple shirts and jacket.

I think I'm ready
I recently discovered my hiking boots are warmer than my winter boots.

I think I need new boots…

Unbelievable the holds the refs let big ten teams get away with

Top Bottom