Weather vs Iowa

My question, what will be the time frame for finishing off a Surly before it turns to an alcohol Mr Misty?

Will a koozy help insulate it?

I like to weather shop for advance forecasts to try and get the most favorable answer I want to hear, until it gets to crunch time. Less than 24 hrs gut instinct is to ride with NWS, though they usually dovetail to be about the same.

Accuweather is an outlier. They were still saying a high of 29 as of yesterday, but dropped to 25 today. They seem to think snow is more likely, so not sure even that is better.

Last edited:

I like to weather shop for advance forecasts to try and get the most favorable answer I want to hear, until it gets to crunch time. Less than 24 hrs gut instinct is to ride with NWS, though the usually dovetail to be about the same.

Accuweather is an outlier. They were still saying a high of 29 as of yesterday, but dropped to 25 today. They seem to think snow is more likely, so not sure even that is better.
Accuweather forecasts are trash in general, but I hope they are right this time.

I like to weather shop for advance forecasts to try and get the most favorable answer I want to hear, until it gets to crunch time. Less than 24 hrs gut instinct is to ride with NWS, though they usually dovetail to be about the same.

This will be my personal narrative until 6am on Saturday, when reality hits. Bonus points for the Wilco in your sig line.

Plenty of Iowa fans I'm sure coming up. Annoying "Let's go Hawks" will be chanted throughout the game. Need to get that lead and shut them up. Those folks have no life.
Probably full of grain alcohol. Corn is grain...

This will be my personal narrative until 6am on Saturday, when reality hits. Bonus points for the Wilco in your sig line.
Thanks. Big ups for your avatar. Lot of crossover between the Wilco and Dead fanbases.

Thanks. Big ups for your avatar. Lot of crossover between the Wilco and Dead fanbases.
Uncle Tupelo guy here as well as a deadhead so yep! Saw Wilco at the entry and pretty much every local show thereafter until Ghost is born. Revisited them in like 2017 when they played the place and it was like seeing an old friend. I’m liking the new album!

Now about that damn weather…

The forecast looks a little better today, kickoff temps in the upper teens and not dropping as much throughout the game, but still seeing wind gusts of 20-30 mph. I don't think we'll see any snow, but I don't think we'll see much for sun either, which won't really matter beyond the 1st quarter anyways.

The forecast looks a little better today, kickoff temps in the upper teens and not dropping as much throughout the game, but still seeing wind gusts of 20-30 mph. I don't think we'll see any snow, but I don't think we'll see much for sun either, which won't really matter beyond the 1st quarter anyways.
Which direction on the wind?

A Surly Slushy sounds fantastic!
Remember Ice beer when that was a thing? I basically thought it was malt liquor remarketed. Brew the beer, slowly freeze it, pull out the ice.

Remember Ice beer when that was a thing? I basically thought it was malt liquor remarketed. Brew the beer, slowly freeze it, pull out the ice.
Does Milwaukee’s Best Ice count?

The forecast has remained steady for several days now so we can pretty much lock this one in. Mostly cloudy with a kickoff temp of 18. WNW wind of 15, with gusts to 20-30 mph. Temperatures will fall to around 13 by the end of the game, with sustained winds decreasing to 10 mph, with gusts of 15-20 mph after halftime.

The forecast has remained steady for several days now so we can pretty much lock this one in. Mostly cloudy with a kickoff temp of 18. WNW wind of 15, with gusts to 20-30 mph. Temperatures will fall to around 13 by the end of the game, with sustained winds decreasing to 10 mph, with gusts of 15-20 mph after halftime.

Uffda.

Gopher football weather! Not so sure about the status of the faithful followers who will be tailgating and watching the game.

Seen a "feels like" temp from a few weather sites in the 0 to -2 range.

Top Bottom