Weather Forecast

The weather for Wisconsin sounds like it will be almost identical to the Nebraksa game weather. 30s. Windy. Wintery mix. Goph weather.

That is true. I've been sweating the weather all week but the Gophers moved the ball well in bad weather last year against Indiana and Purdue and Nebraska this year that I can remember.

Bringing a piece or two of corrogated (box) cardboard cut to fits into your clear bag makes a great shovel to slide the snow at your seat under the seat in front of you. This plus a baggy of sand/icemelt mix helps with traction. Some have said to bring a piece of cardboard to stand on for some foot insulation, however we found that to be too slippery the time we tried it.

Then when we're on offense, everyone hold up your cardboard and help knock down the wind ?‍♂️

How windy was it against Nebraska? IIRC, the Gophers didn’t pass much that day.

I looked it up.17 MPH. It was 12 MPH for Penn State. Weather Channel now says 19 MPH for tomorrow afternoon.

I looked it up.17 MPH. It was 12 MPH for Penn State. Weather Channel now says 19 MPH for tomorrow afternoon.

Nebraska had a stiff wind from the Southwest going straight into the bowl. Tomorrow's is supposed to be from the East so the field should be protected somewhat.

I’m reveling in the chilly weather this AM. Morgan has played a ton of football and surely they have wind in Ohio. He knows how the wind is is going to affect his range, accuracy, drop similar to any trained marksman.

Yeah, it’s going to be a factor. I don’t know that it’s going to be as big of a factor as we think particularly with WRs running wide open vs an overmatched Sconnie secondary. I’m far more worried about containing Taylor, offensive line play, and those fluky turnovers that turn games.
Tanner Morgan's not from Ohio.

He's from Union KY, about 30 miles SSW of Cincinnati OH.

According to the NWS Twitter account we should be clear of the rain by kickoff. It's trending towards a sleet to snow mix.

Just make sure Dilly Bar Dan has his treats!

Oops, yep Hazard High KY IIRC

I think that was only his Freshman and Sophomore seasons, where he was a two year starter, then his family moved. He graduated from Ryle HS.

Either way, I’m sure he’s played in wind/rain/snow many times.

Last edited:

Regardless of whether he’s from Ohio, or just Sout

I think that was only his Freshman and Sophomore seasons, where he was a two year starter, then his family moved. He graduated from Ryle HS.

Either way, I’m sure he’s played in wind/rain/snow many times.

Learning something new every day in the Gopherhole.

Learning something new every day in the Gopherhole.

I got it from his bio on the Gopher website.

HIGH SCHOOL: Attended Ryle High School in Union, Ken. where he played as a junior and a senior (played as a freshman and sophomore at Hazard High School in Hazard, Kentucky) before enrolling at Minnesota in January 2017 • wore No. 2 for the Raiders • as a senior, passed for 2,747 yards and 27 touchdowns as team finished with a 12-1 record and reached the 6-A state quarterfinals • rushed for 320 yards and five touchdowns en route to being named a finalist for Kentucky's Mr. Football award • as a junior, threw for 2,674 yards and 21 touchdowns • rushed for 156 yards and two scores • at Hazard, he combined to pass for 4,990 yards and 56 touchdowns as a freshman and sophomore • one of only few Kentucky high school quarterbacks to pass for more than 10,000 yards in his career •

Looking at the radar at 8am looks like there will be some breaks in the precipitation - doesn’t look that bad except for wind 15-25 -

Maybe not, but his hometown of Ryle actually has snow/rain mix in the forecast for Monday! I don’t know how much of a difference it makes, but it’s further North than Louisville.

Hazard KY located in the Cumberland Range, where Tanner Morgan played before transferring to Ryle, receives a few inches of snow a month during winter. Predict he'll pass effectively today.

On and off rain/sleet will continue through the rest of the daylight hours. Precip turns to snow after dark, so late in the 2nd half. The wind should die down a little in the 2nd half as well.

On and off rain/sleet will continue through the rest of the daylight hours. Precip turns to snow after dark, so late in the 2nd half. The wind should die down a little in the 2nd half as well.
Yeah it doesn't look like consistent precipitation right now. Most of that is in the Dakota's.

From someone who has been outside for an hour in less than winter clothes...there’s almost zero wind and this precip shouldn’t have much effect on the game

Wind is measured at the MSP airport. Not the stadium. It was and is unknown. Just row.

Not unless there’s a weather shift before 2:30. This is fake bad weather. Relatively low precipitation and NO wind
Huh? I just got back from picking up my daughter in Mpls. Rain and sleet and windy as heck. Hmmm, maybe the football gods have created a windless oasis for TCF Bank Stadium!

Top Bottom