Weather Forecast

Seem to recall that in the end they won handily but made a lot of mistakes that were due to the conditions. Had to take his post-game comments with a grain of salt but seemed to genuinely find it a tough environment. Bucky is used to bad conditions just like us. What will be different is a full (or mostly full) stadium and a Gophers team that can start fast. This plus the conditions make for a fine football afternoon.

I think he was also trying to make the CFP and make the win more impressive.

Pretty much in full panic mode. The one area where we match up well is passing attack. Nothing like 12 inches of snow and 18 mph winds to fuck that up

Pretty much in full panic mode. The one area where we match up well is passing attack. Nothing like 12 inches of snow and 18 mph winds to fuck that up

I read a projection that Minnesota only has a 39% chance to win and add in bad weather and we are screwed.

I think we should hope for a win, but prepare for a loss.

They are when you're down by 2 and there's 1 second on the clock, it's the end of the half or the end of the game, and you're 30 yards from scoring a TD.

I would rather not be down 21-0 after the first quarter or 42-21 after the third. But, it does not matter what we think it is going to be up to Fleck. I want them passing and chasing us, not the other way around.

We can run on WI but the blocking will need to take it up a notch. The wind won’t have a huge effect on the short to intermediate which is where we make hay.

The game is still well within reach. The biggest factors are making some key stops on defense and avoiding turnovers which is crap shoot to some extent. Protect Morgan and the rest will take care of itself.

I’m of the opinion that the weather will favor us whether it’s raining, snowing, or no precipitation at all, because it’s on our home field, and PJ will convince the team that it does.

Not worried about it at all.

[QUOTE Protect Morgan and the rest will take care of itself.
[/quote
This for sure. My biggest worry.

Perfect football weather!

SkzN83C.png

I’m of the opinion that the weather will favor us whether it’s raining, snowing, or no precipitation at all, because it’s on our home field, and PJ will convince the team that it does.

Not worried about it at all.

It is what it is, both teams have to deal with it. Yes they are a running team but so are we and crappy conditions could slow down Taylor or make him less effective too. I feel confident that Fleck will get the guys in the right frame of mind to tackle whatever mother nature and the Badgers throw at us.

I agree with Belinda Jensen on Kare 11, as I have been watching the models closely. It appears that the models want to track the low pressure center from roughly Sioux Falls at 6am Saturday across the Minnesota Iowa border to near Worthington MN around 12pm and along or close to the I90 corridor during the rest of the afternoon. This very well may result in a dry slot over the metro lasting around 5 hours or so. While it may be windy I'm thinking it very well may be dry, which would bode well for the U of M.

Hopefully the weather provides the visiting team the "Don't want to be here" factor like we had against that Purdue team last year. It didn't really count as a win because Purdue didn't want to be here, but against WI, that would at least get us into the BTT against OSU.

Interesting set up for this coming weekend, the American Model - GFS is the only model of the big 4 GFS/EURO/GEM - Canadian/NAM that brings snow killing warmth to the area. The other ones are much cooler and bring more snow and less rain. I've learned watching Kare11 they are always far far less bullish on what they predict and will almost always take the low end. IF you are a model watcher it's safe to say that the GFS is the outlier and more snow with the other models is probably what is going to happen. Even this morning the GFS is still trending to be on the warmer side of things compared to all the others.

Guys, bad weather gives us the advantage. We have Both a competent rushing and passing attack. They don’t. While they have a better rushing attack, if the weather is bad it will completely take away any semblance of a passing attack. Our D can then sell out against the run And stop it.

Mean while, on O, our passing attack will still be effective enough to have a balanced and productive O.

Everyone is forgetting that their running back has sticks of butter for fingers. Cold and wet = lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of fumbles. Show me the fumbles.

People didn't like my comment before, but here it goes, not a good day for jeans. You'll eventually freeze in them. Winning does help however to stay warm.

A5406629-76D5-4669-879D-66D869E036A4.png

I’ve found this app to generally be accurate

I must be missing something. There seems to be the assumption that the only team that has any chance to run the ball if the weather is bad is Wisconsin. Apparently we don't have one of the top backs in the conference or one of the top rushing offenses in the conference at over 200 yards a game.

Bad conditions may actually work in our favor some in that it will probably slow Taylor down if the footing isn't great. Too much worry about the weather, if the conditions are bad they will be bad for both teams and it will come down to whichever team handles it better.

I think the game starts with light rain/drizzle, then changes to light snow in the 2nd half. It'll be somewhat similar to the Nebraska game.
I feel like with a username like yours that you have to be the definitive authority on this ;)

The more wind and weather that occurs the more the badgers biggest advantage (field goals) becomes less of a factor.

I hope it snows 20 inches because we can’t make 45 yarders anyways

What about wind?
East wind of 10-20 mph. The wind doesn't look quite as bad as it could be as the surface low tracks just to the south of MSP Saturday afternoon.

It's also possible we wake up to an inch or two of new snow Saturday morning, but it'll likely change to rain after sunrise. Then back to snow during the game.

Top Bottom