Weather Forecast

The weather for Wisconsin sounds like it will be almost identical to the Nebraksa game weather. 30s. Windy. Wintery mix. Goph weather.

Could be freezing rain and snow, following 5" of snow on Friday. Good argument for putting such a late game in the Viking stadium, if that can be arranged, and drawing more people, allowing both teams a full advantage of running/passing, and making it look good to recruits from non-arctic areas of the country.
No.

The more wind and weather that occurs the more the badgers biggest advantage (field goals) becomes less of a factor.

I hope it snows 20 inches because we can’t make 45 yarders anyways

I don’t think their kicking game is anything special.

2VXED9R.png

Guy hit a 60 yarder about 5 days ago.
That was their kickoff guy. His only attempt of the season. Their regular kicker is 10/15. It will be nice to not have to worry about another 60 yarder though.

That was their kickoff guy. His only attempt of the season. Their regular kicker is 10/15. It will be nice to not have to worry about another 60 yarder though.
They should change their regular kicker

It's looking like snow will slowly start building up on Friday AM @ 31-35 degrees F. It will turn to heavy snow around 9:00 PM Friday. It will snow continuously all Saturday.

It will be an interesting logistic problem trying to clear snow at the stadium while it is still snowing.

The weather forecast as it stands can change the next twenty-four hours. Around game time, it will be @35 deg, heavy snow, and 19 MPH winds.

Folks - the national audience will be treated to snow bowl!!!

I honestly don't know which team this amount of snow favors. It is going to boil down whether the Gophers can truly be motivated to have the heart of a champion.

Win or lose, it will be the game of their lives especially for the seniors. I envy those who are able to attend the game.

It is going to be epic!

Last edited:

Awesome forecast. Thrilled to be in town for this. Love games in terrible conditions.

Gust up to 31 mph at kickoff also look like more toward a sloppy mix Screenshot_20191128-194704_Chrome.jpg

Going to be awesome for everyone! People in attendance and those watching in Arizona etc., will enjoy it.

Folks - the national audience will be treated to snow bowl!!!

I honestly don't know which team this amount of snow favors. It is going to boil down whether the Gophers can truly be motivated to have the heart of a champion.

It is going to be epic!

love the idea of a snow bowl.

it favors us. They had a suspect passing game to begin with. These conditions will completely make them 1 dimensional. this allows our D to sell out and shut down the run.

On offense, our passing game will still be effective and will keep their D honest. We will not be one dimensional

I don’t think their kicking game is anything special.

2VXED9R.png
Maryland is 1 for 4 on field goals?! Wow that is bad. I wonder if their FG kicker gets to keep his redshirt this year...

love the idea of a snow bowl.

it favors us. They had a suspect passing game to begin with. These conditions will completely make them 1 dimensional. this allows our D to sell out and shut down the run.

On offense, our passing game will still be effective and will keep their D honest. We will not be one dimensional
God I hope ur right!!

It's looking like snow will slowly start building up on Friday AM @ 31-35 degrees F. It will turn to heavy snow around 9:00 PM Friday. It will snow continuously all Saturday.

It will be an interesting logistic problem trying to clear snow at the stadium while it is still snowing.

With a packed stadium full of warm bodies, I would be surprised if most of any falling snow didn't just melt fairly instantaneously.

Seems like the vast majority here think the weather will favor us. If that’s the case, what weather would favor Wisconsin?

Seems like the vast majority here think the weather will favor us. If that’s the case, what weather would favor Wisconsin?

If it was in their stadium, with their fans making noise, it would favor them. Home field advantage is everything in this game. The key is to get off to a fast start.

Both the Weather Channel and Weather Underground seem to be in agreement on this. I think this is fine, honestly.

Both the Weather Channel and Weather Underground seem to be in agreement on this. I think this is fine, honestly.

You know these just take from the NWS, right?

Saturday is going to have virtually no accumulation of snow.

It has been said 3 or 4 times in this thread but for those that do not want to read through it, this sounds just like the conditions for the Nebraska game which was fine. Let's do this!

The nice thing about the RPO offense is that the passes are short slants. Regardless of wind, we should be able to run our normal offense. Play action deep balls gets taken out somewhat with wind. That would be more Wisconsin’s offense. If we get snow rather than rain, I think it might favor us a bit.

Bringing a piece or two of corrogated (box) cardboard cut to fits into your clear bag makes a great shovel to slide the snow at your seat under the seat in front of you. This plus a baggy of sand/icemelt mix helps with traction. Some have said to bring a piece of cardboard to stand on for some foot insulation, however we found that to be too slippery the time we tried it.

I was never too concerned about the snow or rain. However, 20-30 mph wind does NOT favor the passing game, and that’s our main advantage over Sconnie. That could not be much worse for us. Yes, you can still throw accurate short passes, but taking away the deep balls would really hurt us, as we have thrived on explosive plays. I’m hoping the wind direction is such that the stadium walls will dampen the wind somewhat. Otherwise, during the quarters that we have the wind at our backs (if that is the case), I say, “Bombs Away”!

I’m reveling in the chilly weather this AM. Morgan has played a ton of football and surely they have wind in Ohio. He knows how the wind is is going to affect his range, accuracy, drop similar to any trained marksman.

Yeah, it’s going to be a factor. I don’t know that it’s going to be as big of a factor as we think particularly with WRs running wide open vs an overmatched Sconnie secondary. I’m far more worried about containing Taylor, offensive line play, and those fluky turnovers that turn games.

Don't discount Morgan going deep when the wind lays down a bit.

The weather for Wisconsin sounds like it will be almost identical to the Nebraksa game weather. 30s. Windy. Wintery mix. Goph weather.
How windy was it against Nebraska? IIRC, the Gophers didn’t pass much that day.

Top Bottom