We May Have Been EXPOSED!

Reaction score
Unfortunately, MTSU kicked our asses in the 2nd half. They figured out our defensive weaknesses (run outside, mis-direction, throw the ball down field and up high cause they'll never look back, etc.). If upcoming opponents study that second half, I'm afraid we're in for some tough games!

Holy ****!

You mean our upcoming opponents might look at game film in preparation for us!

And our birds heads are FALLING OFF!

Holy ****!

You mean our upcoming opponents might look at game film in preparation for us!

And our birds heads are FALLING OFF!

no, i mean that our defense isn't nearly as tough as lots of people think. it's a myth that our secondary is among the strongest in the B1G. sorry if you couldn't understand what I meant, asshole. go have another drink you moron.

no, i mean that our defense isn't nearly as tough as lots of people think. it's a myth that our secondary is among the strongest in the B1G. sorry if you couldn't understand what I meant, asshole. go have another drink you moron.

Well that wasn't very nice.

There are no easy games

Unfortunately, MTSU kicked our asses in the 2nd half. They figured out our defensive weaknesses (run outside, mis-direction, throw the ball down field and up high cause they'll never look back, etc.). If upcoming opponents study that second half, I'm afraid we're in for some tough games!

All our games will be tough. Couple quick things: Supposedly our top three cornerbacks were in the locker room getting fluids early 2nd half. That's a pretty unusual occurrence. And two sometimes you have to give your opponents credit...they did score 62 points or whatever last week...versus who doesn't matter they have an accomplished coordinated running attack. Those big plays...the scheme and the blocking was
beautiful on the replays. You don't just put that in as an opponent and execute it like MTSU did. Three, we are not used to crushing people.
It's difficult for players to continue to focus up 28 to zero.

Why take the time to capitalize one word? You were on a nice little roll, and bam, random capitalization. Puzzling.

Hey, you have a super night too, pumpkin.

Try to stay off the meth, asshole.

They figured out our defensive weaknesses - throw the ball down field and up high cause they'll never look back

Oh man, we're screwed, all teams have to do is chuck it HIGH and DEEP...we've been exposed! There's always next year...

Non-conference...teams find out our weaknesses, meanwhile, the coahces havent fully revealed what the team has.

Same as it is with every team.

TCU is looking at our past games, as we are looking at their past games.

Talent and adaptation (coaching). the two most important things to college football.

Guys, why all the fuss and muss and name calling. We haven't played a single big ten game yet. Big Ten wins are all THAT matters. How many will we get? Who knows? We'll have to watch the games and this Coach Kill and FIND out.

MTSU had a three-play, 75-yard drive when we suddenly couldn't tackle. 7 points.
Then they had a 1-play, 12-yard drive after a blocked punt. 7 points.

Yes those plays and scores count. I get that. But take away those 4 plays and the game looks very different. I attribute it to overconfidence, lack of concentration, etc. I don't think the wheels are coming off.

Bottom line, both weeks this team has come out and took care of business and built large leads (35-0 and 28-0). I'll take that every time over last Kills historic slow starts at MN.

Guys, why all the fuss and muss and name calling. We haven't played a single big ten game yet. Big Ten wins are all THAT matters. How many will we get? Who knows? We'll have to watch the games and this Coach Kill and FIND out.

+1 Just the alcohol talking, some people get really stupid with their mouth when they drink. TheN you have the GraMor and sPellinG pAlice rip on peeple.

I think there were many teachable moments from the 2nd half. Hopefully our coaches use those instances to help them improve before we face other opponents.

Keep in mind we've probably only used about 10% of our offensive playbook. I'm sure we'll see some new stuff against a team like TCU.

Don't forget make catches around the defender's arm like they did against Murray. Absolutely nothing Murray could do there. They just made some plays too. That happens.

I'm not that concerned, other than the DT depth. We pretty much shut down Eastern Ill all game and played very well for a half yesterday. Lots of correctable mistakes. For once, I don't see a talent gap. In the past, our defense was terrible just because we weren't that talented.

Everyone should spend more time worrying about the pass offense than anything on the defense. Worthless thread.

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk

If any of you paid close attention to who played the second half, you would understand that it was possible that it could happen. Coach Kill played a lot of freshmen, and his that probably won't travel, and play in Big Ten games. You can't just pull those guys out when the other team scores, you have to find out what they are made of, and what they can handle.

Everyone should spend more time worrying about the pass offense than anything on the defense. Worthless thread.

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk

Sorry but I need to ask you this question, Do you still believe TCU game will be a slam dunk? You stated it would be after I pointed out that TCU would a tough game for us. I did point out that they had lost 4 games last year by a total of 11 points. The initial odds have them as a 8 point favorite. Never did understand why you were so dismissive of them.

I wouldn't be so concerned if we had hung in there and won the first two games.

We were exposed. Don't care which unit or rank of player was on the field. We got torched the second half in a time of possession battle.

We had 6 true freshmen on the field at one point yesterday. Humble pie, those boys are gaining valuable experience early this year.

We were exposed. Don't care which unit or rank of player was on the field. We got torched the second half in a time of possession battle.

Torched? I believe the clock ran the whole time and they ran out of time. Do you think Claey's called the same defense up 28 with 6 true freshmen playing?

All of those teams that were killed this past weekend are clearly superior. Thanks for the insight. :rolleyes:

Good point by the way. MTSU didn't even attempt outside runs, mis-directions, or down-field throws the first half.....at all.

Don't forget make catches around the defender's arm like they did against Murray. Absolutely nothing Murray could do there. They just made some plays too. That happens.

I'm not that concerned, other than the DT depth. We pretty much shut down Eastern Ill all game and played very well for a half yesterday. Lots of correctable mistakes. For once, I don't see a talent gap. In the past, our defense was terrible just because we weren't that talented.

I get where you are coming from with this but honestly I would hope there wouldn't be a talent gap between us and either EI or MTSU, unless of course the gap is them trying to match us.

Sorry but I need to ask you this question, Do you still believe TCU game will be a slam dunk? You stated it would be after I pointed out that TCU would a tough game for us. I did point out that they had lost 4 games last year by a total of 11 points. The initial odds have them as a 8 point favorite. Never did understand why you were so dismissive of them.

Yes - I think we will win. I'm probably not as confident as I once was, but I still don't believe TCU is as good as we are - regardless of who is playing QB. I am still confident. This is not the TCU of 5-years ago no matter what stats one may find. I think 8-points is a joke.

I predicted 17-13 so I guess slam dunk doesn't fit, but I would be surprised if we don't win. 90% sure and I have never been wrong before. I'm still on 10-2 this year Killjoy. Not hedging that for the horned frogs.

Yes - I think we will win. I'm probably not as confident as I once was, but I still don't believe TCU is as good as we are - regardless of who is playing QB. I am still confident. This is not the TCU of 5-years ago no matter what stats one may find. I think 8-points is a joke.

I predicted 17-13 so I guess slam dunk doesn't fit, but I would be surprised if we don't win. 90% sure and I have never been wrong before. I'm still on 10-2 this year Killjoy. Not hedging that for the horned frogs.

I'm with Spoofin on this one. They were a 2-7 team last year in the Big 12. They might be better this year, but I haven't seen any evidence yet that they are. At this point, I expect us to be able to beat major conference opponents who win less than a quarter of their conference games.

I'm with Spoofin on this one. They were a 2-7 team last year in the Big 12. They might be better this year, but I haven't seen any evidence yet that they are. At this point, I expect us to be able to beat major conference opponents who win less than a quarter of their conference games.

I just looked at TCU's 2013 schedule and I'm pretty sure we would have gone 2-7 last year with that same schedule. I honestly don't have a good idea about what will happen this weekend, but I think we need to stop referencing their 2-7 conference record as something that makes us confident.

Top Bottom