We May Have Been EXPOSED!

I just looked at TCU's 2013 schedule and I'm pretty sure we would have gone 2-7 last year with that same schedule. I honestly don't have a good idea about what will happen this weekend, but I think we need to stop referencing their 2-7 conference record as something that makes us confident.

If you think that, you have to think that the Big 12 is head and shoulders above the Big 10. TCU's only conference wins came against 1-8 Kansas and 2-7 ISU. They lost to 2-7 West Virginia and 4-5 Texas Tech. At the end of the day, they did not beat a single team with a winning Big 12 record, and they only went .500 against losing Big 12 competition. They played everybody in the conference, so there is none of this nonsense about tough crossover games or anything. Conversely, we pulled off an upset against a 6-2 Big 10 team, and went .750 against Big 10 teams with losing records (and did so without the benefit of playing the worst two teams in the conference).

If you think that, you have to think that the Big 12 is head and shoulders above the Big 10. TCU's only conference wins came against 1-8 Kansas and 2-7 ISU. They lost to 2-7 West Virginia and 4-5 Texas Tech. At the end of the day, they did not beat a single team with a winning Big 12 record, and they only went .500 against losing Big 12 competition. They played everybody in the conference, so there is none of this nonsense about tough crossover games or anything. Conversely, we pulled off an upset against a 6-2 Big 10 team, and went .750 against Big 10 teams with losing records (and did so without the benefit of playing the worst two teams in the conference).

Well, we also very recently lost to Texas Tech so I don't think that game would be beyond the realm of possibility. Sure, maybe we beat West Virginia to go 3-6 - does that really make this upcoming game see super easy? I think people lose the fact that last season was a 'dream' season for the Gophers, and that is clouding their vision for this season. What happened last year, likely will happen onc every 15-20 years for Gopher fans.

Well, we also very recently lost to Texas Tech so I don't think that game would be beyond the realm of possibility. Sure, maybe we beat West Virginia to go 3-6 - does that really make this upcoming game see super easy? I think people lose the fact that last season was a 'dream' season for the Gophers, and that is clouding their vision for this season. What happened last year, likely will happen onc every 15-20 years for Gopher fans.

If you think 8-4 is a "once every 15-20 years" type season, then what keeps you even coming back? I see that we are heavy dogs now on the road...I see that our DL depth is lacking and we're likely starting an unproven freshman at QB. I also see lots of warts on lots of teams, an overall schedule that looks much less intimidating than it once did, an often dominant running game, and a chance for a better season than last year

They lost to Oklahoma, Baylor, West Virginia, and Kansas State by a combined 11 points. That 2-7 record could've easily been a few games better. Don't just look at the record and make assumptions.

They lost to Oklahoma, Baylor, West Virginia, and Kansas State by a combined 11 points. That 2-7 record could've easily been a few games better. Don't just look at the record and make assumptions.

They beat Iowa State by 4, that 2-7 record could just as easily have been 1-8.

If I believed that going .500 in conference (not even a winning B1G season) was going to be a "dream season" to happen once every 15-20 years, I would be vastly underestimating Kill's competence.

In the past 15 years.....the Gophers have had three other eight win seasons.....including a ten win season. Now what about this eight win season makes it a "dream" season? What an asinine comment to make.

I get where you are coming from with this but honestly I would hope there wouldn't be a talent gap between us and either EI or MTSU, unless of course the gap is them trying to match us.

Yeah, probably should have worded that better. There were times in the recent past when we played teams like MTSU and I wondered if we had more talent than them.

Top Bottom