WCCO Football Story

Something about injuries. Did not look at all positive.

After the spring game Fleck said that the trainer never said a word to him during the game and he assumed that meant no injuries.

Was it a promo and not a story? When does the story air?

Thought there was a lot of separation between coaches and medical team/assessments...at least during a game...

I think they are “beating a dead horse”. With Trump gone, they need something controversial to fill the open minutes. Sad

I saw the teaser late last night but was starting to doze off. Something about Gopher football and injuries and former players speaking out. Probably something are already aware of.

While looking for anything that might already be up came across this nugget from 'CCO...

Auburn’s Speed Might Be A Little Bit Much’: WCCO’s Mike Max On Gophers’ Outback Bowl Matchup Against Tigers​

Enjoy Mikey Maxxi being sooooo wrong...

It is a TV sweeps period. My guess is they are sensationalizing something ordinary.

I have to bet the University is ready for whatever it is, kinda interesting that it's being advertised though right? Either they think it's so bad it doesn't matter if they give them time to prepare or idk...

This coming Monday, May 10 at 10:00 p.m., Minnesota’s largest broadcast news outlet, the CBS affiliate WCCO, will begin reporting on these matters. I was interviewed extensively as were former Gopher players who I had not yet included in my reporting. These will be new players voices that no one has heard from yet. I commend these players for their courage in coming forward and look forward to hearing what they have to say.
I do find it interesting that these players were comfortable speaking to WCCO vs Jason Stahl. It will be interesting to see what they all say I guess.

I heard the medical staff only filled their rental vehicles up 7/8 of the way with gas. If true, I hope some heads roll.
Only in Minnesota!!!! That was the biggest BS steaming pile of SHXt ever

I got the impression it was previous coaches. Odds on A.J. Barker or his mom making an appearance?

It hard to fathom what level of emotional, physical, and psychological maturity an individual student had to go through while in college. Each one is unique. It is even more challenging when the student athlete don't have the right mindset to be told what to do to be successful as a player and a person. There are always going to be outliers. There is counseling available for every student athlete whether they chose to seek help.

If we look at every recruiting class, I bet that attrition is high after four years. For some of these athletes, it is because they are buried deep in the depth chart, or have better players ahead of them and wanted to start. For others, there are a myriad of reasons why. From being homesick, having very high expectations out of HS only to find out that at the next level that there are better faster athletes.

These kids may not be able to handle the rigors of being a student athlete, and of being away from home. Sure, abuses do happen in college athletics. I am inclined until otherwise proven that this is not the case with Gopher Football. At least intentionally.

We will have to listen to the WCCO report and go from there.

Hopefully not four of them...
View attachment 12778
The only Four Horsemen that mattered.
Rdb9c0638d38d2fea27f0842574908214

Top Bottom