Washington to possibly join the Big Ten

This might have been reported on here, but this is big news!

let us know when might turns into reality.

Call it what you want but you're basically saying we were stuck joining the big ten, right?

We were yes. There was no guarantee of a Big Ten though was my point that was all because the WCHA and CCHA were a mess and narcissists pushed for it. (MSU and tOSU were following Michigan)

The sad thing is if the CCHA had just taken PSU like PSU asked none of it happens. The CCHA balked because it was bloated and Barry and Red got their wish.

The whole lead up to this and the fallout was a hot topic on USCHO back in the day. The Big Ten Hockey Conference was a long running joke because it was never going to happen. When the WCHA expanded from 10 teams and the CCHA was at like 14 or something ridiculous the writing was on the wall that realignment was needed.

Football is different. None of this was ever needed at first, but now it is unavoidable. Brands need to be national not just regional so expansion is the only real way.

If only there was a way you could just scroll by posts you don't want to read.

Did I miss all the news about Washington?
Except I open a thread with the expectation of reading something relevant and not have to sift through endless ramblings that have nothing to do with the topic. If you don't understand that, you're beyond help!

Except I open a thread with the expectation of reading something relevant and not have to sift through endless ramblings that have nothing to do with the topic. If you don't understand that, you're beyond help!
And here you are, going off-topic with your selfish rant that has nothing to do with the thread topic! You don't own GopherHole. Get over yourself. Let other people be and enjoy themselves. Sheesh!

And here you are, going off-topic with your selfish rant. You don't own GopherHole. Get over yourself. Let other people be and enjoy themselves. Sheesh!
Start a thread on the hockey forum about this and I will leave it alone! That's where it belongs! Keep posts here football related only!

Start a thread on the hockey forum about this and I will leave it alone! That's where it belongs! Keep posts here football related only!
Can we talk about UW getting a hockey team while musing about them joining the Big Ten? Where should our tangents stop?

Can we talk about UW getting a hockey team while musing about them joining the Big Ten? Where should our tangents stop?
Knock yourself out! But why don't you start a conversation on the hockey forum about it? I'll even get it started for you if it helps keep this thread relevant to football.

Knock yourself out! But why don't you start a conversation on the hockey forum about it? I'll even get it started for you if it helps keep this thread relevant to football.
I wonder, if Washington State adds hockey will they be on the Big 10's radar?

Can the Kraken's influence make it's way to Pullman?

Top Bottom