Visit with Howard transfer G Elijah Hawkins

Not an isolated incident. I hope you're right and prospective players and their parents ignore violent crime when making their decision whether or not to come to Minneapolis.
You probably never set foot down there. I have two kids attending, and they feel as safe walking around the U as anywhere. They have visited friends at other schools - Madison, Mankato State, Arizona - and felt less safe than they do at the U. In fact, they were both in Dinkytown the other night, and didn't see this.

You probably never set foot down there. I have two kids attending, and they feel as safe walking around the U as anywhere. They have visited friends at other schools - Madison, Mankato State, Arizona - and felt less safe than they do at the U. In fact, they were both in Dinkytown the other night, and didn't see this.
I get drunk downtown Mankato on occasion. It’s pretty dang safe down there too. The drug dealers are nice.

You fit the profile of what Gopher Weather Guy thinks is the best recruit Ben ever gets.
Wait was Ben still here when Brock Stull signed?

If Hawkins signs I'm excited to see what he can bring to the team. It is wild to go from a slow 6'4" 194 to speedy 5'11" 152. Chucky Hepburn at 6'2" 205 will push him around.

I will be curious to see how Ben could use him and Mitchell together, and how Carrington/Christie fit into that mix.

If Hawkins signs I'm excited to see what he can bring to the team. It is wild to go from a slow 6'4" 194 to speedy 5'11" 152. Chucky Hepburn at 6'2" 205 will push him around.

I will be curious to see how Ben could use him and Mitchell together, and how Carrington/Christie fit into that mix.
I love the idea of a speedy, change the pace guy. If we get him, this is a nice pickup!

Hawkins fits the DeAndre Mathieu mold

Ideally he's the backup PG playing 15-20 mpg and there's still a starting shooting guard we can pull from the portal.

You cannot push what you cannot see😉

You fit the profile of what Gopher Weather Guy thinks is the best recruit Ben ever gets.

You and WriterGoph really like to make things up a lot, but I get it, it's really hard to defend this program with any facts.

As a Maverick alum this made me laugh out loud.

You and WriterGoph really like to make things up a lot, but I get it, it's really hard to defend this program with any facts.
There is every reason to be pessimistic, as you are, about the program. Ben is a "bad recruiter" just isn't one of them. He has not a lot to sell other than playing time and I would say that his freshmen have been at least average or better:

Payne
Hensley - wish we still had him
Carrington
JOJ
Evans - he signed him
Betts
Asuma

Which of those are "bad" recruits? I'd say none.

I am not defending the program, I just think you are over the top negative insisting that nothing can be good about what Ben does.

There is every reason to be pessimistic, as you are, about the program. Ben is a "bad recruiter" just isn't one of them. He has not a lot to sell other than playing time and I would say that his freshmen have been at least average or better:

Payne
Hensley - wish we still had him
Carrington
JOJ
Evans - he signed him
Betts
Asuma

Which of those are "bad" recruits? I'd say none.

I am not defending the program, I just think you are over the top negative insisting that nothing can be good about what Ben does.
Henley gets the credit for Evans not Ben

Top Bottom