VCU's Norwood Teague Finalist for AD

Thanks, guys. You are obviously "real men" from Wisconsin. Pick of the litter. Sorry I rained on your techno-parade.

I'm just a Gopher fan. Won't cross you again. Another fab hijack.

don't let them get you down highway. you are a good seed and always welcome around here, my man.

Any bets on whether Reusse writes a column saying that accepting the Minnesota job proves Teague is a terrible candidate?

Actually, forget I said anything. There is no way I would take that bet.

+1. you know the usual haters will write something from a premise where in "their minds" it always allows them to take unwarranted cheap shots going forward. it won't be an actual column about teague the person. they won't take an actual position on teague. it will be written from a perspective of them hating on the U some more. you know it and i know it.

don't let them get you down highway. you are a good seed and always welcome around here, my man.

Thanks, dude, rough day up here in the north metro, I'm a little down. That said, I should just stick to the subject at hand. I like the guy (Teague) already. He and Kill will make an awesome team, the absolute antithesis of Ruesse and Powers. That means opposite, Pat.

Wow - what a piece of garbage - He must be in the bed with Reusse!

that is one of the most disgusting AND disturbing mental pictures EVER. probably lard, chicken grease and empty KFC buckets everywhere. someone shoot me in the face, please!

After all that happened there, it doesn't surprise me.

perhaps. but to pass up an opportunity to become the AD of the UNC basketball program (and some ncaa issues aside) a pretty decent UNC football program over the last few years could not have been easy. and his alma mater.

i think teague sounds like he could be a good, smart hire as the U of M AD.

that is one of the most disgusting AND disturbing mental pictures EVER. probably lard, chicken grease and empty KFC buckets everywhere. someone shoot me in the face, please!

And yours isn't?

Where do you live?

Wow someone there thinks that Norwood has a salary of 1 million at VCU. Wasn't the salary we were going to give the AD like 600k?

Wow someone there thinks that Norwood has a salary of 1 million at VCU. Wasn't the salary we were going to give the AD like 600k?

i think both numbers you are quoting here are incorrect. both the U of M and VCU numbers. do some research and get back to us with what you find.

i think both numbers you are quoting here are incorrect. both the U of M and VCU numbers. do some research and get back to us with what you find.
Well the first one was just what someone on the VCU site said, I'm not saying that's how it is. And the second number should be somewhat close because I remember reading that we would pay the new AD more than Maturi. 600k is probably the high end of what we would pay, 400k-450k probably the low end.

NORWOOD T TEAGUE Admin - Assistant Professor $240,000 Virginia Commonwealth Univ 5

Tom Powers with an obnoxious shot at our football program:

"Norwood Teague's old school, Virginia Commonwealth, has something in common with his new school, the University of Minnesota: Neither plays college football. So he should fit right in here."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_20457055/tom-powers-norwood-teague-really-knows-his-basketball

Go Gophers!!

Wow, such an entirely unnecessary and inappropriate potshot....it's a wonder to me that the Pioneer Press doesn't hold this person accountable for his mean-spirited, catty, and sh*tty commentary. It seems he was reaching for 'wit' here, but instead merely revealed himself as being just a straight-up ass, and at a time which should be a celebratory one, as it seems we've finally got a quality football coach in place and now a quality AD as well. Very disappointed in this type of mediot reaction, but none too surprised. That is after all the state of 'sports commentary' in the Twin Cities market.

Wow, such an entirely unnecessary and inappropriate potshot....it's a wonder to me that the Pioneer Press doesn't hold this person accountable for his mean-spirited, catty, and sh*tty commentary. It seems he was reaching for 'wit' here, but instead merely revealed himself as being just a straight-up ass, and at a time which should be a celebratory one, as it seems we've finally got a quality football coach in place and now a quality AD as well. Very disappointed in this type of mediot reaction, but none too surprised. That is after all the state of 'sports commentary' in the Twin Cities market.

Good Lord! Someone please tell all these cry babies that guy turn down UNC job last year! Jesus it is still UNC. I agree with you Seany.

Tom Powers with an obnoxious shot at our football program:

"Norwood Teague's old school, Virginia Commonwealth, has something in common with his new school, the University of Minnesota: Neither plays college football. So he should fit right in here."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_20457055/tom-powers-norwood-teague-really-knows-his-basketball

Go Gophers!!

meh.

in the last five years the fbs gophers are 2-2 against fcs football programs, and those two wins are by a total of 4 points. so i guess i am just glad that powers even realized that the gophers actually haver a football program.

meh.

in the last five years the fbs gophers are 2-2 against fcs football programs, and those two wins are by a total of 4 points. so i guess i am just glad that powers even realized that the gophers actually haver a football program.

well, you have fun in your continuing quest of looking for pathetically lame tom powers blessing and acceptance.

A way too early question... 5 years down the line when we have won our 2nd Rose Bowl in a row, made it to the Final Four after having reached the Elite 8 the previous two years (all thanks to our new 100% donor-funded $25 million practice facility that has iPads for ceiling tiles), and won the NCAA Hockey championship twice in the previous 4 years, does Teague move on to bigger and better things?

Good article: http://www.twincities.com/ci_20456337/norwood-teague-vcu-is-gophers-new-athletic-director?source=most_viewed

"In my 30 years of higher education, I've been on a lot of search committees and chaired committees on national searches, from provosts to deans to department chairs and to an athletic director (Maturi) 10 years ago," Kane said on Sunday, April 22. "I've never been in a room with anyone who was more prepared.

"It was extraordinarily impressive how prepared he was. His vision was very clear for what he wanted to do. And when he walked out of the room, we all looked at each other and were, frankly, blown away."

"One of the things that very much attracted him to us is that he is a prolific fundraiser," Kane said. "He also raised money to build a student academic advising center because he is deeply committed to the success of student-athletes.

"And make no mistake - he wants to win the right way, especially in football. He feels strongly that we have a great coach in Jerry Kill."

The article also says his salary is expected to be "in the $400,000 range." I'm betting it's closer to $600k though.

A way too early question... 5 years down the line when we have won our 2nd Rose Bowl in a row, made it to the Final Four after having reached the Elite 8 the previous two years (all thanks to our new 100% donor-funded $25 million practice facility that has iPads for ceiling tiles), and won the NCAA Hockey championship twice in the previous 4 years, does Teague move on to bigger and better things?

Tyus Jones will still have one more year of eligibility, so I don't think so.

I believe some of the VCU posters are upset Norwood signed an extension three to four weeks ago. Personally, I can understand their feelings. Why sign when you are going to leave?

The real question is, how can wren fit "CAA" into "Norwood Teague" for satirical purposes?

Gopher07

The real question is, how can wren fit "CAA" into "Norwood Teague" for satirical purposes?

I've been told by Uffda that wren is a four letter word and can't be used here.:cool:

I believe some of the VCU posters are upset Norwood signed an extension three to four weeks ago. Personally, I can understand their feelings. Why sign when you are going to leave?

In case you don't get the job at MN.

I'll bet Kaler gives Teague this advice...

before the first presser:

"you'll see this senile old coot rushing up to you at the start of the Q&A, if not sooner. Don't be alarmed. Humor him."

FWIW, sounds like a solid choice. I don't think VCU lacking a football team is a major concern. I don't think it's a coincidence that this guy hired (& retained) Shaka Smart, plus he got a practice facility built. That sends a real clear message to Tubby. Basically, STFU about facilities, and next time you start dancing around with other schools, you better be willing to pull the trigger.

before the first presser:

"you'll see this senile old coot rushing up to you at the start of the Q&A, if not sooner. Don't be alarmed. Humor him."

FWIW, sounds like a solid choice. I don't think VCU lacking a football team is a major concern. I don't think it's a coincidence that this guy hired (& retained) Shaka Smart, plus he got a practice facility built. That sends a real clear message to Tubby. Basically, STFU about facilities, and next time you start dancing around with other schools, you better be willing to pull the trigger.

he should also tell him that he will see a disgustingly fat, jabba-the-hut looking blob named pat reusse trying to make smart ass quips from the crowd. tell teague that he should just ignore all of his questions, throw him a bucket of fried chicken and move onto the next reporter.

Top Bottom