VCU's Norwood Teague Finalist for AD

Ski U Master

Reaction score
Via Twitter:

PrezKaler: VCU AD Norwood Teague announced as #UMN's #Gophers AD Finalist (4 minutes ago from web)

I don't think many people will be disappointed about this.

Should it be a concern that VCU doesn't have a football team?

Teague, 45, joined the Rams after five years as Associate Athletic Director at the University of North Carolina, where he oversaw external operations such the Tar Heels’ multimedia property, marketing, and licensing. In that position, he negotiated numerous partnership and rights agreements. Among them was an eight-year, $20 million contract with Learfield Sports and a first ever on-premises signage partnership with Wachovia in the Dean E. Smith Center, a deal for $18 million over eight years.
Prior to his work at the University of North Carolina, Teague spent his time honing his craft at some of the nation’s most prestigious athletic departments. From 1999-2001, he served as general manager of the Sun Devil Sports Network at Arizona State. While in Tempe, he increased sales and negotiated several multi-year television contracts. Teague oversaw radio, television, internet and signage operations, while operating in one of America’s top 20 media markets.
During 1998-99, Teague headed up new programs for Vilcom Sports and The Tar Heel Sports Network at the University of North Carolina.

o_O

Nahhhh. Just means Kill has a blank canvas to turn Teague into a football mastermind

"Known as a visionary leader on many fronts, Teague initiated an extraordinary campaign in the Fall of 2011 to construct a 10 million dollar practice facility. This will not only serve men’s and women’s basketball, both VCU’s other sports as well."

The fact that he looks like Jeffery Tambor (George Bluth) is also a bonus.

He's overseen the beginning of renovations to Siegel Center and a practice facility, so he will be ready for the basketball side of things.

And if next year goes down the tubes or Tubby retires in 2-3 years, I guess we have an inroad with a top candidate.

Should it be a concern that VCU doesn't have a football team?

No. I think the takeaway is how supportive he is of the primary rev sport for VCU (basketball) and then logically envision him showing the same support to football. He appears to have a strong background in fundraising which is a big plus.

Nm. Don't get it unless there was a news release first...

And you guys believe Kaler would tweet this? Really?

It's on his Twitter account. So are you arguing he was hacked or that an underling goofed? Because it's there right now for you to see.

In fact, that tweet was just followed with this:
#UMN #Gophers AD Finalist embodies integrity, leadership & management experience, and a focus on student-athletes

Look for yourself: https://twitter.com/#!/PrezKaler

OK, slow down, Buck. There are a lot of fake accounts out there...I figured there were other protocols.

See the trib article...

There are a lot of fake accounts out there...I figured there were other protocols.

And 30 seconds of perusing the account makes it clear that it's his based on the content and who he is tweeting with (his wife and MarQueis Gray for instance).

And 30 seconds of perusing the account makes it clear that it's his based on the content and who he is tweeting with (his wife and MarQueis Gray for instance).

Plus it was retweeted immediately by GopherAthletics and several other official U of MN twitter feeds.

Thanks, guys. You are obviously "real men" from Wisconsin. Pick of the litter. Sorry I rained on your techno-parade.

I'm just a Gopher fan. Won't cross you again. Another fab hijack.

I'm a little surprised.

I fully expected the announcement to be scooped by Sid.

Lulz. You gotta be like 50 or 60 years old.

No way someone 50 would know how to use a computer or be able to find the internet :rolleyes:

Since I am in that category - I too find it odd that they would announce this via Twitter.

Latest tweet indicates Teague is THE finalist.

"Well, since you asked, I did just announce that VCU's Norwood Teague is the finalist for the U's AD post."

Any bets on whether Reusse writes a column saying that accepting the Minnesota job proves Teague is a terrible candidate?

Actually, forget I said anything. There is no way I would take that bet.

Top Bottom