Vanderbilt transfer DT Lorenza Surgers commits

Only a 2 star out of high school. Are we sure we want him?

Of Course we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'll trade you one Liam Robbins for a Lorenza Surgers, and there's no warranty on Liam's feet."

... email from Coyle to Lee

Apparently his time at Vandy has caused him to shrink since they list him at 6'5" whereas his recruiting profile say 6'7". :)

That 40lbs is weighing him down.

I think I remember an NFL Olineman on Liebers podcast say he was an inch or two taller after he lost all his playing weight.

Offers from Hawaii, UTSA, Western Kentucky...

As I said previously....a bit of a stretch.

I'm not sure all offers/interest on transfers are made public. Based on productivity of other transfers Fleck has brought in, I a stretch is a bit of a stretch.

Seems to have developed over the 4 years.
2018- Redshirt
2019- 2 games
2020- 4 games
2021- 12 games- 8 starts.

Hard to project guys on such a bad defense. No one had more than 2 sacks.

How did Gibbens offer list look after last season? Think this staff has earned some benefit of the doubt when it comes to transfers at this point. They tend to work out pretty well when they get here.

Options are fairly limited for DE transfers. Not looking for the next John Randle with every addition.

A) we should be, and

B) Randle wasn't a DE.
A) They don't exist, and I'm sure they try, at some point you need to take the best you can. Go find another DE in the portal you want and report back.
B) He played DE and DT.

Vandys facilities for athletics are very poor for a P5. They are working on updating everything but the school only cares about academics, baseball & woman’s bowling
Didn't know that, but it's a very picturesque campus right in the heart of Nashville.

How did Gibbens offer list look after last season? Think this staff has earned some benefit of the doubt when it comes to transfers at this point. They tend to work out pretty well when they get here.

Correct. My guess is that guys in the transfer portal aren't even looked at by a lot of teams due to the length of time between announcing the transfer and landing on a new team. Nothing like players in HS that have multiple years for evaluations to be done.

I should have clarified, I was talking about academic facilities.
You can take your laptop anywhere you want to log into class...what you talkin' 'bout "academic facilities'? :)

Why were you so offended by bad formatting? I'm sure his original post was well-intentioned.
I wasn’t offended and not by bad formatting. The post is illegible. Fix it or delete it—pretty simple. But don’t get belligerent when someone points that out.

It all depends on what he looks like next to Mike Morris.
Wonder if we have any connections to Morris in order to get the two together so that someone can get a pick of them. Does seem like the only way to really be sure how big he is.

Top Bottom