Vanderbilt transfer DT Lorenza Surgers commits

Pete smith

Reaction score
While I wanted help for our OL/DL from the portal, Iam not sure he will be much help. They finished the season with only 2 wins and gave up 62 to Georgia. Didn’t take the time to look up their defensive team stats, but I am sure they were in the bottom 50. And he wasn’t starter, on a very poor team. Not sure he is worth a scholarship. Only positive I could see was the fact that the entire coaching staff was new.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
While I wanted help for our OL/DL from the portal, Iam not sure he will be much help. They finished the season with only 2 wins and gave up 62 to Georgia. Didn’t take the time to look up their defensive team stats, but I am sure they were in the bottom 50. And he wasn’t starter, on a very poor team. Not sure he is worth a scholarship. Only positive I could see was the fact that the entire coaching staff was new.
With all due respect - St. Juste, Williamson, Gibbens, MDT, Pinckney

Probably worth giving the staff the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are looking for in the portal. They have done a great job identifying players that can help us, especially on defense.

hungan1

Reaction score
I think he was being silly.

Academic rankings rankings, there's context. If you take a larger swatch of students / have a wider range of academics, things will start to level out... just naturally.
That is the penalty for a multi-discipline land grant institution serving about 50K diverse students and researchers with about 30K undergraduate enrollment.

btowngopher

Reaction score
Sounds like they went from running a 3-4 defense to more of a 4-2-5. It is an interesting add, curious if the coaching staff had some kind of connection. I think they want him to try to replace Otomewo. Surgers reminds me of Esezi as far as size. If you look at Esezi's stats they aren't that different. I wonder if they see Joyner more in the Mafe role, which Rush would also be (if he comes back). That leaves little experience on the other end. I think Logan Redding and Keys could fill that role too, but are inexeperienced. Joyner, Striggow, and Booker aren't as bulky. He'll almost certainly play a lot as will Jefferies, at least to begin the season.

Top Bottom