Val Martin

Seems like PJs record with transfers kinda speaks for itself at this point. Obviously not all of them are gonna be fits, but when the majority are making impacts, that's probably a strong indicator.

Also, if Fleck was so full of shit, zero chance we have so many guys staying for an extra year of eligibility (whether 5th or 6th). If everyone in the building was miserable as Martin alludes to, these guys would be on the first transfer portal out after they got their degrees.

He might not have been happy here for legitimate reasons. But blasting people like that probably isn’t good when you’re about to enter the workforce and your potential employers can search your twitter and see you become unhinged when facing adversity.

I have no idea if PJ directly lied to him or not, but this seems much more like a case of someone who is upset they got beat out on the depth chart. All of the DTs who got PT ahead of Martin were better than him and I'm sure that's a difficult pill to swallow. All of the allegations of mistreatment in the thread seem to surround not getting the PT that they thought they earned.

I don't think it's possible to be a successful CEO or college football coach and have everyone like you. I have no idea if PJ is full of sh!t with these guys but he sure does seem to have loyalty from them.

I have no idea if PJ directly lied to him or not, but this seems much more like a case of someone who is upset they got beat out on the depth chart. All of the DTs who got PT ahead of Martin were better than him and I'm sure that's a difficult pill to swallow. All of the allegations of mistreatment in the thread seem to surround not getting the PT that they thought they earned.

I don't think it's possible to be a successful CEO or college football coach and have everyone like you. I have no idea if PJ is full of sh!t with these guys but he sure does seem to have loyalty from them.
No idea if this is the case here, but it has to be a bitter pill to swallow to be a highly regarded recruit (or sought-after transfer in this case) and then get beat out for playing time. Some people can't handle that.

Sounds like he got punched by a player in the face and didn’t like the way he was treated after it happened. Guys don’t just punched guys without a possible reason.

Will be interesting to see where this goes.

Sounds like he got punched by a player in the face and didn’t like the way he was treated after it happened. Guys don’t just punched guys without a possible reason.

Will be interesting to see where this goes.
Guessing it goes nowhere tbh. He’s gone, doubt anyone from the program comments on it. Didn’t enjoy his time here, oh well, plenty others do. Guessing he didn’t enjoy his time at NCST either since he left. Maybe high level college football isn’t his thing.

Interesting offseason discussion fodder, but at the end of the day we'll never know how things went down with Martin or any number of current/former players. There's just too much that happens behind the scenes, and there will ALWAYS be malcontents, favorites, loyalists, etc. We're talking about humans here -- both coaches and players. None of them are perfect, and every decision has two sides and consequences both good and bad. I'll keep following this because it's interesting in the way a mindless movie is interesting (break out the popcorn), but it's not all that important unless there's real allegations of abuse, mistreatment, overt lying, etc.

Doesn't say a single specific thing that could "get his job in question". Probably just entitled....thought he deserved more playing time than he earned.

Stories like these pop up from disgruntled players periodically all over the country in this new social media era.

The world of big time athletics is a messy one. Players use coaches, coaches use players, star players are treated better than depth guys. No coach is perfect but the players who complain always seem to be the ones who didn't get the playing time they felt they deserved.....interesting how that works.

If he has something really substantial then great, alert the media, but from what I saw in his tweets there was maybe an incident between him and Trill Carter at practice and he felt Fleck backed Carter. Outside of that it is just a bunch of vague complaining about how things were run internally. The kind of stuff guys who don't get the playing time they think they deserved tend to gripe about. Happens all over the country.

Maybe not, but I'm certain he's leaving out a bunch of details!
Reminds me of the story that came out of Wisconsin where supposedly some players got in a fight and a player claimed he got kicked off the team for "defending himself".

Really hard to know when all you hear is from one guy who knows he can say what he wants.

Not to say I think Val is lying intentionally, but different points of view can be way different even when everyone is being 100% honest about how they feel about the situation.

Top Bottom