UVa site says Tubby to be named coach on Monday

Though I agree the program is bigger then any one person, at the same time it is pretty apparent that you need the right people steering the program. At this time, I don't think there is a much better person for it then Tubby!

As for his wife's liking attention, given the way MN fawns over Tubby, and her basically, how could she not like that. I still remember the intro in the barn in front of the UofM. I don't know if it could get any better then that!

BTW - Wasn't Virginia suppose to have a press conference today introducing Tubby?

Contrary to what's being reported in the media, what I'm hearing is Donna absolutely is not happy in Minnesota. She tends to be the opposite of her husband. She likes attention & it seems the fact that as Minnesotans we tend to be laid back (for the most part we leave her alone, she's not in the limelight) may not be a good thing. Tubby likes it here. ... Donna, maybe not so much.

I completely trust this is what you're hearing from your sources, SS - and they could be more reliable than what I've hearing about her liking it here.

The one thing I would question is that she likes the limelight. A perfect example was, we had a good request from a poster (I want to say it was Dr. Don) to interview Donna, she she is a very dynamic person. I was told through the bball office, that she's just so private and doesn't do interviews. Since I don't like "no" for an answer, I decided to talk to her myself at the Iowa game. She was extremely gracious and kind, but she just didn't really want to be the center of attention, and respectfully declined. Even though she would of been able to dictate what was talked about, and she would of, of course, come off very positive, she just wasn't about that.

It's a little thing, but I don't know how much she does like the limelight.

"Next time you talk to her, ask her if she's been to the Mall of America."

Maximus, no, I haven't spoken with Donna, but because quite often stuff on these message boards can be misinterpreted, can you explain what you meant about the MOA? I'm feeling a little brain dead today and not getting your drift.

Gotta disagree with you there, Chem. A real friend wouldn't pressure his friend for information regarding his career, and even if he did know, a good friend wouldn't tell his friend's business until his friend chooses to announce it.

I agree completely. I wouldn't actually expect a real friend of Coach Smith's to come here and tell us what is going on with Tubby. My post was supposed to sarcastic.

Seriously though, would a real friend even contribute to speculation on a message board about their friend's future career moves? No chance! People tolerate FOT because he says Tubby is staying and that's what we all want to hear. If it was the other way around, and he was suggesting that Tubby is going to leave, 90% of the board would be calling for his head for speculating about his friend's intentions.

Well, it is not looking good. Sounds like Virginia hired someone already. Let's hope it is not the Tubbster, I will be crying like 2 year old if he leaves.

I wish Tubby would have put an end to it when he talked to Myron.

I agree completely. I wouldn't actually expect a real friend of Coach Smith's to come here and tell us what is going on with Tubby. My post was supposed to sarcastic.

Seriously though, would a real friend even contribute to speculation on a message board about their friend's future career moves? No chance! People tolerate FOT because he says Tubby is staying and that's what we all want to hear. If it was the other way around, and he was suggesting that Tubby is going to leave, 90% of the board would be calling for his head for speculating about his friend's intentions.

I've had E-Mail correspondence with 2 people who would ABSOLUTELY know if he's leaving. Neither thinks he is (leaving).

You may think whatever you want.

How "in the know" is Henry Lake to Gopher BB? He was on KFAN today and said matter of fact like that Tubby isn't going to a place like VA or AL. If he was going somewhere it would be to a place like AZ.

unlike most of you i am loving this! i haven't read anything this fun in a long time. its like a greek tragedy.

what about the soon-to-be memphis opening? is donna a fan of blues?

14000 plus

this thread is now over 14000 views ! Full house at "Willum' Arena" !!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That would be pretty rude, don't you think?

Not that some Gopher Holers mind being rude.

It is a whole lot less rude than a few dozen people posting their opinions as to whether he will leave or not, though I do agree it is not in the average fans position to ask him. Right now that is for his family, the UofM and maybe a few daring reporters though I would not expect them to get a straight answer.

I do believe Virginia has offered, but it will not be enough to change his position.

Top Bottom