USA Today: Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh discusses coronavirus in interview, shifts conversation to abortion

Nope. I’ll say it for the tenth time. Didn’t defend Hitler. I defended the coach that went under fire for praising Hitler’s ability to lead. Because I believe in free speech, and don’t feel that what the coach said was a fireable offense. Way to oversimplify what I ACTUALLY said in an attempt to make me look like a bad person.
F off Bruh

You use the term "bruh", and you defend Hitler. What a combo.

Nope. I’ll say it for the tenth time. Didn’t defend Hitler. I defended the coach that went under fire for praising Hitler’s ability to lead. Because I believe in free speech
If this is the hill that you’ve chosen (very strangely) to die on, you should probably brush up on what is and isn’t relevant when talking about “free speech”.

Short course: freedom of speech does not prevent you from facing backlash from your employer over stupid sh!t you say as a private citizen.

Can't believe this thread is still going. Michigan sure knew how to hi-jack the football board.

If this is the hill that you’ve chosen (very strangely) to die on, you should probably brush up on what is and isn’t relevant when talking about “free speech”.

Short course: freedom of speech does not prevent you from facing backlash from your employer over stupid sh!t you say as a private citizen.
You took me out of context. My next comment in my post was about how I didn’t feel that what he said was a fireable offense, and I don’t know if he was fired, but I’ll go further to say that I don’t believe it’s even a reprimand-able offense.

You took me out of context. My next comment in my post was about how I didn’t feel that what he said was a fireable offense, and I don’t know if he was fired, but I’ll go further to say that I don’t believe it’s even a reprimand-able offense.
Yet none of that has anything to do with freedom of speech. The fact that you even try to link this event to it is ridiculous.

Yet none of that has anything to do with freedom of speech. The fact that you even try to link this event to it is ridiculous.
I’ve kinda lost sight of what your arguing here. I’m saying I didn’t defend Hitler. I didn’t. My stance is that I don’t think the coach should have faced reprimanded or firing over what he said.

I’ve kinda lost sight of what your arguing here. I’m saying I didn’t defend Hitler. I didn’t. My stance is that I don’t think the coach should have faced reprimanded or firing over what he said.
And that’s fine. I have no problem with you having that stance (and, by the way, I’ve never accused you of defending Hitler). I do have a problem with you citing your support for free speech as why you’ve taken that stance, though. Yelling “free speech!” any time someone faces backlash for their stupid opinions dilutes the actual meaning of that term and the protections that it does grant.

And that’s fine. I have no problem with you having that stance (and, by the way, I’ve never accused you of defending Hitler). I do have a problem with you citing your support for free speech as why you’ve taken that stance, though. Yelling “free speech!” any time someone faces backlash for their stupid opinions dilutes the actual meaning of that term and the protections that it does grant.
I get what you mean. I gotta watch myself on that

I’m saying prove there’s, without a doubt, no God. You can’t.
It's not possible to prove something doesn't exist. The idea is nonsense.

You can believe whatever you want, regardless of evidence.

One might even say the point of faith is to believe without any possibility of evidence.

Science is not an object to believe in. It is a method of questioning and testing the answer to the question to see if the answer is correct. Therefore your question is illogical.

Do you believe in the scientific method? Or maybe I should have said do you believe in evolution? Is that better for you? The guy seemed to be mocking the Big Bang theory so I was just asking if he believed in science. Happy now?

I never said prove there’s no Christian, Biblical God. I said prove it to your claim that God is not real. I believe God exists. How accurate is the Bible? Probably not very accurate since it was edited how many different times by different governments of the past. Books left out, interpretations changed. I’m saying prove there’s, without a doubt, no God. You can’t.

Okay, well then prove to me there is, without a doubt, God. You aren't going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours. Not going to argue with you on this topic because it's a waste of time. All I know, I'm not going to start giving cash to a tax-exempt organization because of my belief in a fictitious being. Have a good day.

There are definitely at least a few posters on this thread who I highly doubt believe in evolution. I'd really like to start an evolution poll and see what the numbers look like.

Okay, well then prove to me there is, without a doubt, God. You aren't going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours. Not going to argue with you on this topic because it's a waste of time. All I know, I'm not going to start giving cash to a tax-exempt organization because of my belief in a fictitious being. Have a good day.

Exactly! We are MUCH better off giving our cash to a tax-exempt organization like Planned Parenthood. High-quality group right there!

I'll try again. If you claim to believe in science.......how many genders are there?

Is the baby in the womb a human, dog, or cat?

Two genders: Male and Female

Your second question is irrelevant to the original question, I'm really confused why you even asked that?

Two genders: Male and Female

Your second question is irrelevant to the original question, I'm really confused why you even asked that?

Goldteam is VERY bothered by the fact there are Transgender people and also others who don't identify with one of the male or female genders. It's too hard for him to imagine that some people's brains may not match the reproductive organ they were born with.

This might be the champion "Why in the Hell is This Still Living?" thread of all time. Mods, do you really need the traffic that much?

Do you believe this method is valid and good, and helps human kind?
It is amoral, neither good nor bad. What makes the answers good or bad is how humans use the data they compile from the method.
The argument set forth here is therefore whether, knowing the answer to the scientific data, we should use it to save life or eliminate life?
Many scientific answers have been used to eliminate human life. Just study any war. The answer to how humans can kill other humans is a product of science.
Philosophy answers the questions of morality and virtue. This is why, historically, science was always viewed as having a role under the umbrella of philosophy. If you invert the role, you have abandoned virtue and morality as a means of discerning what you do with the answer gleaned by the scientific method.
So, science is neither good nor bad. It is simply a method to answer a question.

Do you believe in the scientific method? Or maybe I should have said do you believe in evolution? Is that better for you? The guy seemed to be mocking the Big Bang theory so I was just asking if he believed in science. Happy now?
The scientific method is not evolution.
Evolution is a theoretical answer to the data supplied by scientific rigor. Evolution will continue as a theory until or unless it no longer adequately answers the questions via testing. For example, Newton's laws of physics are still taught, yet they have been proven to be false at certain levels of study and testing. This will also be the process taken with evolution. Time and testing will reveal the areas where our earlier testing was wrong. At present we only know what we have tested for and found consistency in the theory of evolution.

I am satisfied that your question was not well structured.

Goldteam is VERY bothered by the fact there are Transgender people and also others who don't identify with one of the male or female genders. It's too hard for him to imagine that some people's brains may not match the reproductive organ they were born with.
When the brain doesn’t match up with the physical world around us, we typically say that’s mental illness. Unless you’re saying a schizophrenic is actually seeing human sized rabbits that follow him around, and the rest of the world just can’t see it.

I’ve already said I’m not making the claim that I know for fact there is a God. You’re saying you know for fact there is not a God. I didn’t make the claim. You did. I said prove it. You can’t.

It's not possible to prove something doesn't exist. The idea is nonsense.

You can believe whatever you want, regardless of evidence.

One might even say the point of faith is to believe without any possibility of evidence.
He made the claim that something doesn’t exist. Tell him that then. what you’re saying is that he has faith that there is no God.

When the brain doesn’t match up with the physical world around us, we typically say that’s mental illness. Unless you’re saying a schizophrenic is actually seeing human sized rabbits that follow him around, and the rest of the world just can’t see it.

Huh? So you're actually saying on the record that someone who is transgender is schizophrenic??

Hey guys how is this thread go-----

ybsvC9m.gif

Huh? So you're actually saying on the record that someone who is transgender is schizophrenic??
Nope. I’m saying both a transgender and a schizophrenic are mentally ill, and we shouldn’t play along with their delusions

Nope. I’m saying both a transgender and a schizophrenic are mentally ill, and we shouldn’t play along with their delusions

You're nuts. It's not a mental illness. It's genetic, just like being gay or lesbian.

I'd say the World Health Organization has better cred than you.

The scientific method is not evolution.
Evolution is a theoretical answer to the data supplied by scientific rigor. Evolution will continue as a theory until or unless it no longer adequately answers the questions via testing. For example, Newton's laws of physics are still taught, yet they have been proven to be false at certain levels of study and testing. This will also be the process taken with evolution. Time and testing will reveal the areas where our earlier testing was wrong. At present we only know what we have tested for and found consistency in the theory of evolution.

I am satisfied that your question was not well structured.

Sorry man, just asked a guy if he believed in science. My apologies for not meeting your standards. Have a good evening.

You're nuts. It's not a mental illness. It's genetic, just like being gay or lesbian.

I'd say the World Health Organization has better cred than you.

You trust the W.H.O.? They’re changing their classification of it based on pressure from the LGBTQ+$?@. They justify their decision based on not wanting to stigmatize.

it’s not genetic. gender dysphoria is a mental illness.

Top Bottom