USA Today asks: 'Why is the Badgers' roster predominantly white?

I heard this guy is going to replace Sam Dekker in the starting lineup

PHO-10Sep22-253754.jpg

You can't be serious. He looks nothing like Dekker.

USA Today asks: 'Why is the Badgers' roster predominantly white?...Cause they have white parents??

One thing I have noticed with few exceptions instate black kids do not go to Wisconsin. The latest being Diamond Stone. J.P.Toyoto,Vander Blue, Kevin Looney, and lesser knowin guys the last few years like Lousville's Jerry Smith,Korie Lucious at Mich St and then Iowa State, Elgin Cook at Oregon,or Duane Wilson at Marquette right now.So those that say Bo has built a fence around the state don't know what they are talking about. Bo can't be faulted however for his recruiting as the results prove.

One thing I have noticed with few exceptions instate black kids do not go to Wisconsin. The latest being Diamond Stone. J.P.Toyoto,Vander Blue, Kevin Looney, and lesser knowin guys the last few years like Lousville's Jerry Smith,Korie Lucious at Mich St and then Iowa State, Elgin Cook at Oregon,or Duane Wilson at Marquette right now.So those that say Bo has built a fence around the state don't know what they are talking about. Bo can't be faulted however for his recruiting as the results prove.

Many of those guys are from Milwaukee. It seems that most guys from Milwaukee go elsewhere where as most other instate guys go to WI.

This article is ridiculous by the way.

I saw a tweet saying that one of the Harrison brothers was caught using a racial slur when referring to frank kaminsky. I have to imagine a firestorm will erupt over this, right?

Who cares what color the players are, all the guy does with them is win, year after year after *&%#(@ year. And as a coach that's really the bottom line, isn't it?

I saw a tweet saying that one of the Harrison brothers was caught using a racial slur when referring to frank kaminsky. I have to imagine a firestorm will erupt over this, right?

I think Andrew Harrison should be the one to answer this burning question. Apparently he's an expert on race relations and racial sensitivity.

Iowa seems to be following Wisconsin's template too... and they're mildly successful.

Stephen A says it's mostly because black players don't want to go to a school with a 2% black student body population. Aren't there a lot of schools with a 2% black student body with primarily black football and basketball teams?

Saw the video but can't decipher what he said? Anybody know the slur?

No. White people can't start firestorms because we are the reason racism exists. I understand where they're coming from to a certain extent, but I really do not understand how holding on to that word helps eliminate racism in the world. Maybe I'm just naive. It's a hard issue to fully comprehend.

You forgot the SEC's leading rebounder at Auburn Cimeon Bowers, Iowa st best player Jameel McKay,Phillip Nolan starting Foward at UCONN, Deonte Burton Marquette transfer to Iowa st, Diante Garret former pg at Iowa st, Travon Bunch a 6'11 kid who just signed with South Carolina, Jarvis Garret starting freshman PG at Rhode Island,Lamonte Bearden starting freshman pg at Buffalo(this kid wil be a nba guy) this list goes on and on. Like ive said before Milwaukee is a city with alot of transplants and inner city kids in Milwaukee are not fans of the Badgers. The last inner city kid to go to Bucky was Marcu Landry and that was 10 yrs ago. By the way its Kevon Looney pronounced Ka Von, Kevin is his Father.

I hate the N word. Being called a Norwegian is disparaging.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not surprising. I have to wonder if things were reversed, how much of an outrage there would be right now. My guess is there would be some calling for the player to be dismissed from the team.

But honestly the Badgers are so "White" because inner city kids have "Handlers" and BO in no way shape or form will play 'The Recruting Game".....$$$$$$$

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not surprising. I have to wonder if things were reversed, how much of an outrage there would be right now. My guess is there would be some calling for the player to be dismissed from the team.

Hypocrisy is a beautiful thing. :eek:

But honestly the Badgers are so "White" because inner city kids have "Handlers" and BO in no way shape or form will play 'The Recruting Game".....$$$$$$$

So every team that is made up of predominantly black players is playing the recruiting game and cheating?

So every team that is made up of predominantly black players is playing the recruiting game and cheating?

i wouldnt necessarily say that, but if you want a Kevon Looney or Diamond Stone them kids are future lottery Picks. 1 and done guys they come at a Premium.I also know for a fact that one of the biggest AAU programs in Milwaukeee, BO will not recruit a kid from it regardless of how talented the young man is. He doesnt want to deal with the BS. I also cant speak on how it works in every inner city but I personally know all the AAU guys in Milwaukee and quite a few in Chicago and I know how they operate. If you want to keep your head in the sand that Basketball recruiting is a dirty business go for it.

Scher if youd like more in depth details on how bball recruiting works. I recommend a book by George Dohrmann.. Play Their Hearts Out; A Coach, His Star Recruit, and the Youth Basketball Machine.

i wouldnt necessarily say that, but if you want a Kevon Looney or Diamond Stone them kids are future lottery Picks. 1 and done guys they come at a Premium.I also know for a fact that one of the biggest AAU programs in Milwaukeee, BO will not recruit a kid from it regardless of how talented the young man is. He doesnt want to deal with the BS. I also cant speak on how it works in every inner city but I personally know all the AAU guys in Milwaukee and quite a few in Chicago and I know how they operate. If you want to keep your head in the sand that Basketball recruiting is a dirty business go for it.

So it has nothing to do with the very structured style that Bo plays? I would guess that most run and gun type players want nothing to do with Bo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scher if youd like more in depth details on how bball recruiting works. I recommend a book by George Dohrmann.. Play Their Hearts Out; A Coach, His Star Recruit, and the Youth Basketball Machine.
don't buy the book new tho-- go to the library or pick up a used copy on Amazon. Given the damage that George Dohrmann did to the Gophers program, it would be hard to give the guy a dime. it is a good book though

Could have used a couple more Nigel's last night.

Top Bottom