Updated: Harris Dismissed From Gopher Football Program

We have registered our first Fulmer Cup points of the Kill era.

Yikes. Not the smartest string of decisions ever seen. Agree that he's probably done.

If this information in the article is correct, he should be gone:

"He pleaded guilty to petty misdemeanor theft in Hennepin County in December. He also faces a previous charge of shoplifting at the St. Paul Walmart store, which is pending."

Stickier fingers off the field than on it. Too bad.

What a shame. I actually saw him on campus today and thought how he could be a potential starter this year. It only took 3 hours to get that thought shot down.

Coach Kill did recently mention that there are still a few character issues to be brought in line with expectations. Hope CK cleans more house. Keep up the good work Coach. You can and must do it.

Why wasn't he suspened last year? Or was he? Has the staff ever said anything related to this that we know of?

Why wasn't he suspened last year? Or was he? Has the staff ever said anything related to this that we know of?

Why would he have been suspended last year? This incident happened after the season and there wasn't a date associated with the Walmart thing was there?

Why would he have been suspended last year? This incident happened after the season and there wasn't a date associated with the Walmart thing was there?

nice to see someone else also has reading comprehension skills here. and didn't just do a typical internet message board, "i demand blood and punishment" type of response like curseislifted33 went with. as you already stated, this stuff happened AFTER last season was already over with. not much kill can do about that.

Ge’Shun Harris Dismissed From Gopher Football Program

Per U of MN Communications:

University of Minnesota head football coach Jerry Kill has announced the dismissal of Ge’Shun Harris for a violation of team policies.

Kill was made aware of criminal charges filed against Harris on March 5 early Thursday afternoon. At that point, Harris was immediately dismissed from the team.

“We had no idea about this situation until today,” Kill said. “Based on our team policies and the way we run our program, Ge’Shun Harris was immediately dismissed from our football program. Every member of our team is well-aware of our expectations of them and how we enforce our team policies.”

Coach Kill will have no further comment on the matter.

The U just announced that Harris has been dismissed from the team.

Wow, that was fast and definitive. Hopefully Ge'shun gets his life in order. Does this mean we'll now be able to offer Malik Rucker? :confused:

I love Kill's decision making. He is a man of such character, he's not going to put up with this kind of stuff.

kill doesn't mind this one bit. he is able to send a clear message to the entire program without having to make an example out of a huge contributor. in addition he did it to a guy that is a big enough name that people will take notice yet he did it to a guy that only had one year left so its not like we had a huge future with him going fwd. smart and decisive move by kill.

I love Kill's decision making. He is a man of such character, he's not going to put up with this kind of stuff.

Exactly. Kind of refreshing to see. Hopefully this sends a message to other members of the team to think hard about their decisions before they act.

It's too bad to see Ge'Shun make a decision like this, but it cant be tolerated.

Welp, there's an extra schollie going forward.

I hope collateral damage is minimal

The U just announced that Harris has been dismissed from the team.
Hopefully no other teamates got caught up in this shoplifting and grifting at the airport thing. Ge'shun just pee'd away a great opportunity to make a better life for himself.

What were the charges?

credit card fraud. there are allegations against him by MSP airport police that he took a credit card from another person's bag (while he was at the airport) and then proceeded to use it a couple times afterwards.

hopefully he will learn from this and be a better person for it down the road. good luck ge'shun. (i truly mean that).

Welp, there's an extra schollie going forward.

Assuming they don't use it to sign anyone this recruiting class, not really. I'm guessing they will use the scholarship for a walk on at this point, then that scholarship will be open next year which is no different than if Harris was still on the team since he's an upcoming senior. If they try to now sign someone this year, that will make next year's class even smaller.

We are down to three scholarship offensive seniors now: Gray, Green, and Rabe.

That's pretty serious stuff to jack someone's card and do like that. You don't get felony charges and survive on a roster very often.

And to do it while sporting U gear probably wasn't the brightest decision ever.

Good move by Kill. I hoped that Harris would contribute, but this can't be tolerated. Hopefully Harris gets his act together, because he just threw away a free college education. I hope the clothes were worth it.

Assuming they don't use it to sign anyone this recruiting class, not really. I'm guessing they will use the scholarship for a walk on at this point, then that scholarship will be open next year which is no different than if Harris was still on the team since he's an upcoming senior. If they try to now sign someone this year, that will make next year's class even smaller.

We are down to three scholarship offensive seniors now: Gray, Green, and Rabe.

Good Call

Tweet from Gaardsy:

"Sounds like Ge'Shun Harris was pulled out of a lifting session early this afternoon. Coaches found out about the charges about 1 #Gophers"

Go Gophers!!

This just shows you that there is always going to be issues like this, the only way to judge a coach is how he deals with them.

What a terribly dumb move by GeShun Harris. Besides it being morally disgusting, it's just dumb.

On the plus side, Cameron Botticelli probably doesn't have to pay for school next year.

Top Bottom