UPDATED! - GopherHole Spring Game Tailgate for LLS - details here!

GopherLady

Reaction score
Long story short...I'm going to be running for the Leukemia Lymphoma Societies Woman of the Year. It's a 10 week campaign to raise money, and awareness, for LLS. It's a cause I've become very passionate about, because one of my little friends, Paige (who is a huge Gopher fan) was struck with this disease when she was 5. She's doing great now, because of all the advancements that have done.

So...I'll be putting on a lot of events during this 10 week campaign, and thought it would be fun to hold a Gopher event. I wanted to gauge interest first, before I get sponsors, donations, etc. I'm thinking I would charge $25 for adults, and have typical tailgate food, brats, hot dogs, burgers, sides, etc...along with beer, soda and water included.

People always talk about a GH get together - how many of you would be interested? A lot easier than lugging all your own stuff, and if you paid online, it would also be tax deductible!

If we had a number of people - Glen Mason actually said he'd attend if he's in town. For any of you that have met him, or heard him on Barreiro, he's got a TON of great Gopher stories to share. I'm like a kid in a candy store listening to them!

Please let me know your thoughts, and if you'd be interested.

I'm definitely interested! My dad and I will be at the game and this sounds like a great cause! Keep us posted

Hey I heard about your tailgating Babu - you do it up big time!

Maybe we can invite Tubby and Gopherholer Minngg - that would be entertaining!

I'm definitely interested! My dad and I will be at the game and this sounds like a great cause! Keep us posted

Great - thanks for your support! It is a great cause, and being able to tie in my favorite hobby (tailgating) with my favorite charity (LLS) seems is a win-win! Also hoping to get some people to go that normally wouldn't - if we can just get people to the spring game, they'll see it's free and fun.

Hey I heard about your tailgating Babu - you do it up big time!

Maybe we can invite Tubby and Gopherholer Minngg - that would be entertaining!

Haha - our group does do it up BIG. This won't be as extravagant, as no money would be made for LLS, but it will be a guaranteed good time. Already saw some interest on Twitter too - Mase is trying to rope in Barrerio and Gaardsy, lol!

GopherLady--I don't usually give away my best ideas for free, but you seem like a nice person and it's for a great cause, so here you go:

Justin Gaard + dunk tank = $1,000

Glen Mason + dunk tank = $2,500

Dan Barreiro + dunk tank = $5,000

Patrick Reusse + dunk tank (if you can find one large enough) = $10,000

Joel Maturi + dunk tank = $50,000

You're welcome (and best of luck raising funds).

Count me and 1 other as in. Thanks for trying to organize.....hope it works out!

GopherLady--I don't usually give away my best ideas for free, but you seem like a nice person and it's for a great cause, so here you go:

I feel like I need to pay you a finder's fee for this...and I feel like I need to come up with 50K somehow ;)

Glad you guys are interested! From those of you who are - do you think you'd have a few people in your groups? Honestly, if we can get 25 people or so, it would be worth the time and effort.

We always do our own tailgate in lot 37. If it's not too far, I would swing by and make a donation. Also, Flip is a another guy that's usually at the games when he's around, and might me another guy to ask. (guessing he'll be around much more now.)

The past 2 years I've been lucky enough to drag my wife along for the spring game (she's interested in football, but not THAT interested in football).. I get her to come because she can do some shopping at Goldy's Locker room while I geek out watching the 'spring game'.

That said, I think this is an awesome idea and certainly we'd be interested in hitting up your tailgate! If you do pull it off, keep us (GH) posted!

Yeah, there's one large enough for Patti but we'd have to go to SeaWorld.

I'm not showing up if there is a weigh in.

No worries about that!

And it should be noted that I already talked to Reusse about helping with my campaign, and he offered to, which means the world to me. There have been so many people that offered months ago to help out, and have backed out - which would be fine if it just involved letting me down, but it is for charity. It took little persuading to get Reusse to buy in, he really is a good guy. He's coming through more than a lot of my close friends.

Keep the information posted as to where and when. I think I'd like to try to make your event if I can, Gopher Lady. You are a good person for going to all the work and effort. It's a GREAT cause. I think you can count on my brother and I showing if you decide to make this happening happen! Please post all the payment information, etc if and when you make this "official..." Best wishes and regards... wren.

; 0 )

I would be up for this if we can get Gopherlady to wear a Purple #4 Favre jersey

Similar to dunk tank thoughts, Another charitable idea, get PA to join in if Gopherlady will wear a Vikings #4 Favre jersey. He might even donate the Jersey or be able to get a Signed Jersey for silent auction, to the event if she will wear the Jersey.
$5.00 to the charity cause for Gopherlady and PA to take a picture with you weraing the signed Jersey. Could sell tickets like you do at a carnival event. Gopherlady is a Packer rube, so her wearing a Vikings jersey would really tell you how much she want's to help out this charity. Now who knows a good photographer that would donate time or pictures? Gopherdudepart2

If we invite some of the guys from the basketball board and give them name tags to write their Gopherhole names on we could watch fistfights for entertainment!

Keep the information posted as to where and when. I think I'd like to try to make your event if I can, Gopher Lady. You are a good person for going to all the work and effort. It's a GREAT cause. I think you can count on my brother and I showing if you decide to make this happening happen! Please post all the payment information, etc if and when you make this "official..." Best wishes and regards... wren.

; 0 )

Thanks so much for your support! I think I'm 99% sure we'll do it...now, as always, the struggle will be to get people to sign up and pay in advance so we can plan correctly. There seems to be a lot of interest, between here and Twitter and my friends. I am not allowed to collect donations until April 4th - so I will put that info up here that day. In the meantime, if you, or anyone else knows of anyone interested in doing corporate donations, or donating auction items, food, drink, etc...please feel free to reach out to me! My email is [email protected]. Would love anyone's help!!!!

Similar to dunk tank thoughts, Another charitable idea, get PA to join in if Gopherlady will wear a Vikings #4 Favre jersey. He might even donate the Jersey or be able to get a Signed Jersey for silent auction, to the event if she will wear the Jersey.
$5.00 to the charity cause for Gopherlady and PA to take a picture with you weraing the signed Jersey. Could sell tickets like you do at a carnival event. Gopherlady is a Packer rube, so her wearing a Vikings jersey would really tell you how much she want's to help out this charity. Now who knows a good photographer that would donate time or pictures? Gopherdudepart2

I love this idea...the only way you'd get me in Vikings gear is if it was for charity...and it would still be painful!

If we invite some of the guys from the basketball board and give them name tags to write their Gopherhole names on we could watch fistfights for entertainment!

Nametags are a great idea!

I'm interested. I'll talk to some friends and see if I can make it a group. Sounds like a blast...and for a good cause to boot!

I'm interested. Who doesn't like a good tailgate for a good cause?

Thank you guys so much! It's ON! I appreciate you all wanting to participate. Please start talking to your friends now, the more people you can bring, the more LLS will get! I'll get the details set in the next few weeks!

I think this will be a blast! :)

Great! Thanks G.L. I'll be watching for the sign up and payment arrangements~

; 0 )

wren

Good news! It's officially ON! We got amazing sponsors, Glen Mason, Goldy, an awesome menu of food, also will be doing a raffle for a Jerry Kill signed Gopher helmet, as well as a tour of KSTP by our friend Doogie. It seemed like there was a lot of interest, I hope everyone is still in!

If you want the reduced rate, just go ahead and pre-pay on my LLS website by next Friday: http://mn.mwoy.llsevent.org/teambabu

There's also detailed info on the Facebook invite that you can RSVP to: https://www.facebook.com/events/307587549311898/

And here's the invite:

RevisedGopherHoleTailgateInvite.png

Awesome!!! Sounds like a perfect date for my wife and I!

Nice idea.

Not trying to be disrespectful here, as LLS is a very worthy charity; but, as it's an event situated around Gopher athletics, it seems using the proceeds to help Gopher athletics in some capacity would make some sense. Was that looked into and deemed unfeasible? Just curious.

Top Bottom