UPDATED (6/6): Jarrod Uthoff to transfer to Iowa, staying in B1G, pulling a Sam Okey

A few tweets from Dan Wetzel ( rivals/yahoo )

Jarrod Uthoff told Y! he's transfering from Wisconsin due to style of play: "I have a much better understanding of what the system entails"

Uthoff said he's visiting Creighton Monday. Is appealing 25-school ban. Offered no opinion on the rule in general. (Don't worry, I will)

I'll be looking forward to reading his article.

Here it is:

Jarrod Uthoff's roadblocks in transferring from Wisconsin is latest example of NCAA hypocrisy

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab-...NhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnMEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3

Go Gophers!!

That article is ridiculous. You can make the point that Ryan's restrictions on Uthoff are ridiculous and unreasonable (which they unquestionably are) without veering off into asinine hyperbole. Saying the players have "no other options" than to play in the college system as it is? Calling them commodities? Let's settle down and address the point, not make grandiose claims essentially equating the NCAA with plantation owners in the pre-Civil War Deep South.

Calling them commodities? Let's settle down and address the point, not make grandiose claims essentially equating the NCAA with plantation owners in the pre-Civil War Deep South.

I'm getting ready to start making ' FREE JARROD ' shirts.

Love the bad press for Bo. He's incredibly vindictive and petty and this situation shows as much so I'm glad national writers are calling him out on it. I understand not wanting to play the transferring player next year but the ISU ban given Jarrod's family history and the entire ACC ban? It's vindictive, plain and simple.

I hope this stays in the news as long as possible.

A few of your fellow Gophers would do good to remember this as well. Notice how all of my posts are respectful right up until I get insulted...which is fine, but banning a guy for giving it back is just lame. And chanting N-I-T is a ban-worth offense? Jeez, get some thicker skin.

Read my previous posts, the vast majority of them are respectful and are inline with a topic started by a Gopher fan. The insults and ribbing goes both ways and is in good fun, or at least I thought so, but apparently you are actually offended? Kind of sad really.

I think I have to stand behind the Badger fan here. Badger2010 is probably the most respectful Badger fan on this site outside of UWOle. For the most part he respectfully offers a different perspective on the goings-on of Badger sports, then people give him crap for even being here, then he gives it back, and people demand he be banned.

I can see where people are coming from with the "You're a Badger fan, what are you doing on a Gopher board?" argument, but as long he's not here to start crap I don't really mind. Some of the Badger fans here do like to start crap, Badger2010 just gives it back when it's given to him.

Frank Martin just blocked a kid from transferring to NC State. Tubby blocked Iverson from transferring to 24 different schools. What assholes.

This story will be forgotten by all (save the few people most desperate to see Wisconsin fall) within a few weeks. Meanwhile, Wisconsin will continue to have a better program than Minnesota. Sorry.
Not sure about the KSU situation, but all of those 24 teams were teams the Gophers were going to play against the coming season. Is UW playing ISU? No. So take that ban away. Bo is just being vindictive about ALLEGATIONS. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
N-I-T N-I-T N-I-T N-I-T N-I-T
You're so mature and superior to us Minnesotans, I can tell by this post :rolleyes:

Not sure about the KSU situation, but all of those 24 teams were teams the Gophers were going to play against the coming season. Is UW playing ISU? No. So take that ban away. Bo is just being vindictive about ALLEGATIONS. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Innocent until proven guilty is for the legal system, not for personal judgement. The vast majority of you are assuming Bo is simply being vindictive, but the true facts regarding the situation haven't even been released yet. What about waiting to judge him? I'm saying that facetiously, obviously, but you are doing to Bo the exact same thing he is doing to ISU. Furthermore, Bo most likely has a better understanding of the situation going on at ISU than 99.9% of people. If he has them on the restriction list, I believe it is for a reason.

You're so mature and superior to us Minnesotans, I can tell by this post :rolleyes:
I am a Minnesotan. In fact, as I type this, I am sitting at my desk at a Minnesota-based Advertising Agency. :eek: Oh the shame!!!!

Badger2010 said:
Innocent until proven guilty is for the legal system, not for personal judgement. The vast majority of you are assuming Bo is simply being vindictive, but the true facts regarding the situation haven't even been released yet. What about waiting to judge him? I'm saying that facetiously, obviously, but you are doing to Bo the exact same thing he is doing to ISU. Furthermore, Bo most likely has a better understanding of the situation going on at ISU than 99.9% of people. If he has them on the restriction list, I believe it is for a reason.

I am a Minnesotan. In fact, as I type this, I am sitting at my desk at a Minnesota-based Advertising Agency. :eek: Oh the shame!!!!

If Bo knows ISU was tampering, why has he made no accusations to the NCAA? Seems like that'd be the responsible thing to do rather than this.

If Bo knows ISU was tampering, why has he made no accusations to the NCAA? Seems like that'd be the responsible thing to do rather than this.

Maybe he has...or maybe he thinks/knows it happened, but can't prove it...

+1

Some Minnesotan company is really getting screwed by becky2010 being on gopherhole all day!

^^^^^^

For sure unemployed. Way too stupid to ever be hired job that involves the use of a computer. You are undoubtedly sitting in your mother's basement.

Sounds strangely similar to something Enema did earlier this year. Oh, that's right - he stamped his feet and cried about Meyer tampering with his recruits. Oddly enough, he didn't report it to the NCAA either.

Well no one can argue that U of W isn't the cradle of hyprocrasy, they can raid the ACC of quarterbacks but woe be the ACC if they try to take one of Wisconsin's athletes.

^^^^^^

For sure unemployed. Way too stupid to ever be hired job that involves the use of a computer. You are undoubtedly sitting in your mother's basement.

I'm actually a law student so that's why I am on here in the middle of the day. I got done with my internship around 2:00 today.

Wilbon just ripped Ryan and Wisconsin on PTI. Said kid should call him and he'd provide him a lawyer for him. Said he likes Ryan but makes the case how coaches can leave whenever they want for money and fame. Called Wisconsin, and all who block kids' transfers to different schools, vindictive, gutless slobs if they allow this to happen.

^^^^^^

Actually my masters is from...you guessed it UW! And no, i have never been unemployed. Thanks for being concerned though.

Wilbon just ripped Ryan and Wisconsin on PTI. Said kid should call him and he'd provide him a lawyer for him. Said he likes Ryan but makes the case how coaches can leave whenever they want for money and fame. Called Wisconsin, and all who block kids' transfers to different schools, vindictive, gutless slobs if they allow this to happen.

Ryan has done more harm to his recruiting (directly with ISU) than if he would've just let the kid walk. My own opinion is that these kids should be able to transfer to any school they want as long as they sit out a transfer year. Yeah it would kind of suck to lose a player to a rival, but i would honestly rather see a player like colt45 play against the gophers. I liked the kid and it would be fun to watch. Coaches can and do leave all the time, the player should also have a bit more freedom. This kid made a mistake (or thinks he did) when he was 18, and now he can't even go to a school back home. I just don't think it's fair.

No issue with Bo blocking a transfer to ISU due to the number of transfers that school has already accepted. Further restrictions seem petty and overly harsh and he deserves to be bashed for them.

I love the attention this story is getting. Most Gopher fans here knew Bo was a dou$che, but thanks to these restrictions, he's proved it to the entire country! I hope Uthoff keeps voicing his opinion on this matter, because he is definitely getting screwed on this one.

Badger2010 said:
Frank Martin just blocked a kid from transferring to NC State. Tubby blocked Iverson from transferring to 24 different schools. What assholes.

This story will be forgotten by all (save the few people most desperate to see Wisconsin fall) within a few weeks. Meanwhile, Wisconsin will continue to have a better program than Minnesota. Sorry.

Maybe you should get all the facts first ... People started to go after Frank, but it was corrected that the AD blocked the transfer. Martin said he'd have let the kid go wherever he wanted to go.

Bo loses again.

Maybe you should get all the facts first ... People started to go after Frank, but it was corrected that the AD blocked the transfer. Martin said he'd have let the kid go wherever he wanted to go.

Bo loses again.

Bo lost what?

Respect. From people all over the country.

The people who "lost" respect for him do not matter to me at all, because they are idiots. They listen to the talking heads on ESPN and assume that what Bo is doing is somehow unique...but it's not. This doesn't affect our program at all in any meaningful way.

Then why are you here defending the program so much?

Then why are you here defending the program so much?

It's more of an interesting discussion than anything for me. It's not like I think that I'm actually going to change your mind...it's just an interesting debate.

Top Bottom