UPDATED 6/2: Joey King a Gopher, on full scholarship!

King doesn't have to be a starter for his scholarship offer to be worthwhile. Like Bob_Loblaw mentioned, he has the potential be a useful and unique talent off the bench. 6'9 guys who can shoot the 3 are not all that common.

I was in town watching Hargrow and Mauer matchup as seniors I believe. Mauer got the best of the "more athletic" Hargrow. I have no doubt Mauer would have been at least a serviceable big ten basketball player.

King doesn't have to be a starter for his scholarship offer to be worthwhile. Like Bob_Loblaw mentioned, he has the potential be a useful and unique talent off the bench. 6'9 guys who can shoot the 3 are not all that common.

This is realistic and a need for the system. If he gives us more than that we are lucky.

Marcus blog: Gophers basketball: Can Drake transfer Joey King make an immediate impact?

The 6-foot-9, 220-pound King reminds me a lot of former Gophers forward Dan Coleman who was released from his letter of intent at Boston College before starting 27 games and averaging eight points and nearly four rebounds as a freshman in 2004-05.

I wouldn’t be surprised if King puts up similar numbers as a sophomore for Pitino next season. Like Coleman, King is not a bruiser by any means. But he’s strong and athletic enough to be an effective offensive rebounding threat.

– Rumor is that Jones and King aren’t too fond of each other. But it’s not like the Gophers had much of a realistic shot with Jones anyway, especially after his future college teammate and the nation’s top 2014 recruit, Jahlil Okafor, narrowed his list to eight schools last week with Minnesota not included (no shock there).

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...ow-joey-king-can-help-the-gophers-right-away/

Go Gophers!!

When I watch Erik Murphy from Florida, I envision that is how Pitino wants to use King. Could be very successful in that role, I think he will be an excellent fit.

When I watch Erik Murphy from Florida, I envision that is how Pitino wants to use King. Could be very successful in that role, I think he will be an excellent fit.

I like the King signing. Good 3pt shooter to trail on fast breaks and good free throw shooter.

I figure King replaces the departed Joe Coleman. I'm all for it.

Here is the deal. Joe is reminiscent of Rodney. One hell of an athlete but a fair to mediocre basketball player.

Coach Pitino will determine who can and who cannot play his game, and it will take a couple of years for him to find them.

Top Bottom