Uniforms vs. Illinois

wuphf-com

Reaction score
What do we think for unis this week home against Illinois?

It's not my favorite combo, but I think we'll go maroon helments, gold jerseys, and maroon pants.

Hopefully Gold Pants, Maroon shirts, with the Maroon Helmets and the US flag and M's on the helmets. Should be football weather and decent for November. Hopefully a clean game with no injuries this weekend.

Did a little look back. We've worn different combos each time.
2011, Maroon helmets, gold jerseys, white pants.
vsill1.jpg

2015, Maroon helmets, gold jerseys, maroon pants.
vsill2.jpg

2017, Maroon helmets, maroon jerseys, gold pants.
vsill3.jpg

2019, Gold helmets, maroon jerseys, gold pants.
vsill4.jpg

Leadthracite. HEY wait a minute!!! Somebody stole my weed!

Wear the Anthracite just to piss off the old geezers.

Wear the Anthracite just to piss off the old geezers.
Nah, those uniforms don't piss me off. But I suppose they would if I cared about what colors they wear. What I care about is recruiting and retaining good citizens which seems to be the case the last few years.

Nah, those uniforms don't piss me off. But I suppose they would if I cared about what colors they wear. What I care about is recruiting and retaining good citizens which seems to be the case the last few years.
It does seem to rile up a certain number of people.

1960-62 Redux

Except all white pants, not tan, white jerseys, maroon, gold, maroon shoulder stripes, white helmets, maroon, gold, maroon center stripe. No names, front and back jersey numbers only, gold edged in maroon.

No more than two facebars on helmets.

Last edited:

1960-62 Redux

Except all white pants, not tan, white jerseys, maroon, gold, maroon shoulder stripes, white helmets, maroon, gold, maroon center stripe. No names, front and back jersey numbers only, gold edged in maroon.

No more than two facebars on helmets.

Still my favorite.

Gopher Rose bowl uniforms.jpeg

I'm just waiting for us to ditch school colors all together. School Colors get in the way of recruiting the five-star fashionistas.

Here's some looks we've had when games have been held on or around Veterans Day. Maybe they're good luck because we won all of these.
Vs. Penn State, 2013
minn2.jpg

Vs. Iowa, 2014
Minn1.jpg

Vs. Nebraska, 2017
minn3.jpg

Vs. Purdue, 2018
minn4.jpg

This scheme, “full banana muffin”, assuming we just adopt for every game henceforth, should make the traditionalists happy. Those gol-darn new fangled uni changes that bring buzz and excitement to the young men we are trying to attract/retain . . , who needs that? I know these in the attachment are pretty garish, so maybe they can be dulled-down a little, too.

Attachments

• 25B6348D-7268-4750-AEE8-0CE4E523DDF6.jpeg
    25B6348D-7268-4750-AEE8-0CE4E523DDF6.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 12

This scheme, “full banana muffin”, assuming we just adopt for every game henceforth, should make the traditionalists happy. Those gol-darn new fangled uni changes that bring buzz and excitement to the young men we are trying to attract/retain . . , who needs that? I know these in the attachment are pretty garish, so maybe they can be dulled-down a little, too.
Yes, that’s what I’m talking about…now get off my lawn!

Always wondered - is it widely held that the acronym is top to bottom as I use it or do some think it’s bottom to top?😉
I think in Arabic they read it bottom to top. So long as we don’t play any games in the Middle East, it shouldn’t be much of an issue. Or if we do, we’ll just have to make the acronym a palindrome.

What do we think for unis this week home against Illinois?

It's not my favorite combo, but I think we'll go maroon helments, gold jerseys, and maroon pants.
Just nothing black or anthracite. Between maroon, gold and white, something impressive should be possible. Wish they wore the shiny gold helmets for ALL games, home and away.

Just nothing black or anthracite. Between maroon, gold and white, something impressive should be possible. Wish they wore the shiny gold helmets for ALL games, home and away.

I'm betting on metallic gold helmets for the Big Two: in Iowa City (with white jerseys, maroon pants), and at The Bank vs Wisconsin (maroon jerseys, maroon pants).

For Illinois, how about: yellow gold helmets, yellow-gold jerseys, maroon pants?

Top Bottom