Uniforms vs. Illinois

They will be great in the beautiful late autumn sun. Especially if we . . . are concentrating on winning the game!

Wear the Anthracite just to piss off the old geezers.
Wear maroon and gold to piss off young whippersnappers who have no respect for the old geezers who helped pay for the stadium and the Athlete’s Village, and who endow player scholarships.

Wear maroon and gold to piss off young whippersnappers who have no respect for the old geezers who helped pay for the stadium and the Athlete’s Village, and who endow player scholarships.
Hey some of the young guys are helping pay for it too! 😁.

gold_helmet_anthracite_base.png

Tight!

Love the Captain American stripe down the helmet.

The guy who tracks uniform combos tweeted that this is the first time they've worn Maroon-Maroon-White under Fleck.

Still haven't worn the same combo twice this year.

I think the white pants would look better if they have a maroon and gold stripe down them.

They always look good but I like when the pants and jerseys are the same color (gold, white, maroon or anthracite)

It wouldn’t piss us off though.

"the one" is coming to Kinnick. I'm sure of it.

Chrome gold, white, maroon. Goldy head. Best uniform in CFB.
Gotta think my favorite combo (chrome-maroon-maroon) is being saved for the Wisconsin game. Chrome-white-maroon is easily my favorite road uniform though.

Do they reuse and repaint the helmets, or are they new helmets each week? My wife wants to know. She didn't play football.

Do they reuse and repaint the helmets, or are they new helmets each week? My wife wants to know. She didn't play football.
Some of both. I believe there are a few shells (maroon, gold, chrome gold, etc) and they can be tweaked with decals each week. The helmets aren't painted, just colored material.

The team has a few helmets, maroon, gold and white, which then have sticker decals added.

Kirkwood's flew off in one game during 2012

Here's a 2017 video of them adding decals

Top Bottom