Uniforms vs. Illinois

Some of both. I believe there are a few shells (maroon, gold, chrome gold, etc) and they can be tweaked with decals each week. The helmets aren't painted, just colored material.
Also, the players have their custom padding inserts that they move from helmet to helmet.

Some of both. I believe there are a few shells (maroon, gold, chrome gold, etc) and they can be tweaked with decals each week. The helmets aren't painted, just colored material.
Is this the part where curmudgeons comment about the cost of multiple helmets?
Me?...I don't care. I say the players should just rip them off after each game and send them to the poor kids in third world countries; and then bust open a fresh, new one the following week. Disposable helmets. $$$$

gold_helmet_anthracite_base.png
200w.gif

Wear maroon and gold to piss off young whippersnappers who have no respect for the old geezers who helped pay for the stadium and the Athlete’s Village, and who endow player scholarships.
Better go check if you left the blinker flashing on your Buick...

Maybe it’s been mentioned in another thread, but after the game was over the PA guy mentioned that everybody should wear maroon against WI. I believe every time we’ve done a “maroon out”, the team has worn maroon tops and pants. Assuming it’ll be chrome gold-maroon-maroon for Wisky.

White pants at home was a disaster waiting to happen. It’s like my brother said: We looked like Illinois’ practice squad. And we were.

Top Bottom