Tyus will not come here says his dad.

Is this board bashing a 16 year old kid because he may not go to the college of YOUR liking? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Here is a stat for you...

ESPN top 10 players in class of 2013 - ZERO stayed in their homestate to attend college.
2012 - only TWO of the top 10 players stayed at home
2011 - only ONE of the top 10 stayed home

This is not some Tyus likes attention gig. These kids have the skills and ability to make it to the next level. Playing for a coach and program that wins EVERY YEAR and has a coach who send 1-2 kids a year to the NBA is a no brainer.

Get off sports for a second and look at adults....I can work full time at company A who all my friends say is a nice place to work but their stock is very unsteady or I can go work for Company B and make $15,000 more a year and they have been in business twice as long and their stock continues to rise. OF COURSE you would pick B.

Is this board bashing a 16 year old kid because he may not go to the college of YOUR liking? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Yeah, it's quite embarrassing and immature... I mean, nobody is asking you to buy a jersey or start cheering for the team, but just because a 17 YEAR OLD KID chooses to go elsewhere is no reason to root for him to fail or bash his character.

I think your example is not quite perfect, as I do think MN has some advantages over other schools/more traditional powers, but it's not too far off in principle.

However, if you picked B... you're a traitor and I hope you fail and are fired!!!! (ugh)

Been playing professionally since he was 14 in tough European leagues against men not in the Lake Conference. Tyus is not at the same level as Rubio right now. Rubio is a better athlete by far. Tyus may be a better shooter than Ricky but so am I,

tyus plays in the suburban conference i believe, south suburban i think, not the lake, not that is matters

Is this board bashing a 16 year old kid because he may not go to the college of YOUR liking? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Here is a stat for you...

ESPN top 10 players in class of 2013 - ZERO stayed in their homestate to attend college.

This is not some Tyus likes attention gig. These kids have the skills and ability to make it to the next level. Playing for a coach and program that wins EVERY YEAR and has a coach who send 1-2 kids a year to the NBA is a no brainer.

Get off sports for a second and look at adults....I can work full time at company A who all my friends say is a nice place to work but their stock is very unsteady or I can go work for Company B and make $15,000 more a year and they have been in business twice as long and their stock continues to rise. OF COURSE you would pick B.
Is company A right across the street from my house and is company B in Waterloo? Cause I'm not moving to Iowa for $15,000.

I'm not going to bash Tyus or any of the other kids that leave the state to go to a different school, but I'm certainly not going to cheer for them and hope they succeed just because they are native Minnesotans. I don't care where the kids who commit to the U are from. I just care that they chose to play here.

Is company A right across the street from my house and is company B in Waterloo? Cause I'm not moving to Iowa for $15,000.

I'm not going to bash Tyus or any of the other kids that leave the state to go to a different school, but I'm certainly not going to cheer for them and hope they succeed just because they are native Minnesotans. I don't care where the kids who commit to the U are from. I just care that they chose to play here.

yeah, the only reason why tyus is relevant is becuase there is a possibility that he could play for the gophers, i will not be rooting for tyus in the NBA just becuase he is from minnesota

So it's ok for him to be dishonest about the whole thing? Why sit here and tell the nation you are playing with Okafor and in the same breath say the Gophers are still in the running.

I wouldn't dislike Tyus if he eliminated the Gophers and went to Duke. Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to play for Coach K? What I will dislike him though for is his dishonesty to the fan base.

And, before we get the whole what does he owe any of us argument that is stupid....He doesn't owe anything to anyone, but to just be dishonest to a passionate fan base that would love to land the hometown kid? Give me a break. If you want to string along the Gophers to keep the hometown happy, fine, but then don't make it adamant you will play college ball with someone who doesn't even have Minnesota on the radar.

So it's ok for him to be dishonest about the whole thing? Why sit here and tell the nation you are playing with Okafor and in the same breath say the Gophers are still in the running.

I wouldn't dislike Tyus if he eliminated the Gophers and went to Duke. Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to play for Coach K? What I will dislike him though for is his dishonesty to the fan base.

And, before we get the whole what does he owe any of us argument that is stupid....He doesn't owe anything to anyone, but to just be dishonest to a passionate fan base that would love to land the hometown kid? Give me a break. If you want to string along the Gophers to keep the hometown happy, fine, but then don't make it adamant you will play college ball with someone who doesn't even have Minnesota on the radar.

Lol, Get over it.

You are absolutely right, he doesn't owe any of us adults a damn thing. All this bull$hit was started because an adult chose to run his mouth when he shouldn't have. With all due respect, i am sure he felt it was in confidence but it wasnt the kid who ran his mouth. This kid has done absolutely nothing to deserve this type of ire. He has been nothing but respectful to the U of M and has put himself out there in return. Someone please explain to me what he has done wrong?

The posters that wish him to fail when he leaves, that is your deal. Thats fine. It's clear that much of the support expressed on this board in the past has been conditional. Probably not unique to this board but conditional nonetheless.

One last thing, the recruiting process IS about establishing relationships with different schools/coaches. It is not an easy process. It isn't necessarily comfortable for a kid/parent to establish these relationships only to select one relationship in the end but there really is no other way. I think Tyus has handled it just fine.

Lol, Get over it.

Seriously. The b!tching about this is ridiculous. If anyone thinks he isn't playing here, then move on and don't pay attention to his recruitment. I don't think he's coming here either and it doesn't bother me one bit that he says he's considering us. Get. Over. It.

He is a Minnesota kid and I wish him well wherever he goes. I do wish that were here, but....

He is a Minnesota kid and I wish him well wherever he goes. I do wish that were here, but....

Minnesota nice, is kind of Minnesota corny, couldn't imagine and Chicago guy saying that about some Illinois player... or most any other state for that matter.

Not going to wish him well or hope he fails, but will certainly follow his career.

Another Tyus Jones thread to ignore. Curiosity got the best of me and I made the mistake of opening it up only to realize it was the same incoherent rambling as in the All Things Tyus Jones thread.

Man, $15,000 in Waterloo would buy a lot of drinks. I would still go with company B.

who was that big tackle that went to USC, then Miami??? Or the big TE from mpls, getting all the publicity this yr. Hegeman will be far better off.

who was that big tackle that went to USC, then Miami??? Or the big TE from mpls, getting all the publicity this yr. Hegeman will be far better off.

A) 98.5 percent of the Minnesota population has no idea who "Hegeman" is. And that big tackle is the #4 OT prospect for the 2014 draft. Hagemen is the #3 DT prospect.

B) Michael Floyd, James Laurinaitis, Larry Fitzgerald, Ryan Harris, etc., etc.

C) That big tackle had issues on and off the field. So did Sam Maresh, who could've gone to Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, but chose to stay at home and represent his state.

Bottom line....for every example you give, there is an example that illustrates the exact opposite.

A) 98.5 percent of the Minnesota population has no idea who "Hegeman" is. And that big tackle is the #4 OT prospect for the 2014 draft. Hagemen is the #3 DT prospect.

B) Michael Floyd, James Laurinaitis, Larry Fitzgerald, Ryan Harris, etc., etc.

C) That big tackle had issues on and off the field. So did Sam Maresh, who could've gone to Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, but chose to stay at home and represent his state.

Bottom line....for every example you give, there is an example that illustrates the exact opposite.

Newton's third law a motion, right?

I am a fan of the gophers living in Colorado today. I am still a fan of Minnesotan's in general and I root for them when they play for other teams as long as they are not playing the gophers. TOP 10 players very very rarely play in their home state we just have to get used to it.

I am a fan of the gophers living in Colorado today. I am still a fan of Minnesotan's in general and I root for them when they play for other teams as long as they are not playing the gophers. TOP 10 players very very rarely play in their home state we just have to get used to it.

YOU LEFT MINNESOTA!?!?! I will root for you to fail, you traitor.

Top Bottom