Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are people actually mad at this announcement? He didnt even take an official here.

Well then that's your opinion, which is fine. I just have a hard time calling an 18 year old kid something so derogatory for having a little fun with his college decision and the platform he was provided.

I don't know if it was intentional or unintentional, but he picked up the Illinois hat for a split second and then put it down and picked up the KU hat and put it on.

Youch, that's cold! I could see him getting chased across Illinois by throngs of disgruntled people like the Blues Brothers.

Anyone know a good Illinois board? They have to be in complete meltdown mode after the Snider and Alexander news today.

821994679.gif

I find this whole program announcement spectacle totally classless.

Next thing we'll see:

Recruit stand up at his own announcement ceremony. He's wearing a pretty loose jumpsuit. He unzips his sweatshirt to reveal a Minnesota sweatshirt. He unzips that to reveal a Wisconsin sweatshirt. He unzips that to reveal an Indiana T-shirt, which he then rips off to reveal an Ohio State jersey.

Wow, that's a total D#@$ move...I would be pissed if I was a Illinois fan.

Well, some would "have a hard time calling an 18 year old kid something so derogatory for having a little fun with his college decision." Not sure where you draw the line between having fun and taking it too far, but I agree with Station19.

Next thing we'll see:

Recruit stand up at his own announcement ceremony. He's wearing a pretty loose jumpsuit. He unzips his sweatshirt to reveal a Minnesota sweatshirt. He unzips that to reveal a Wisconsin sweatshirt. He unzips that to reveal an Indiana T-shirt, which he then rips off to reveal an Ohio State jersey.

15 minutes later it's a UNLV speedo.

These players are aware they are not getting paid...ryt? sure seem excited to be moving into modern day slavery...mang.

Well, some would "have a hard time calling an 18 year old kid something so derogatory for having a little fun with his college decision." Not sure where you draw the line between having fun and taking it too far, but I agree with Station19.

If it was intentional (which looking at his face I'm not sure it was), then what Alexander did definitely crosses the line. I'm obviously not someone who has a problem with these announcements but to toy with a fan base's emotions like that is pretty classless.

Minnesota is still in it though, right?

Just as much as yesterday!

Knowing we were not really in it, a package deal to Duke is what I've been secretly hoping for, just out of curiosity. I'm curious to see how the point guard and the big man do in a system that's not point guard and big man oriented. And I'm curious to see what K does with this talent. Will he win a title before they run to the NBA, or will they lose to a 9-seed in the 2nd round of the Tournament?

If it was intentional (which looking at his face I'm not sure it was), then what Alexander did definitely crosses the line. I'm obviously not someone who has a problem with these announcements but to toy with a fan base's emotions like that is pretty classless.

This is garbage. If a kid wants to have some fun with his collegiate announcement, he should. The only problem with it is the overblown reaction it creates from grown men such as yourself.

Can we merge this with the Royce White thread now?

Good luck to Tyus. Everything I have heard is that he is a nice kid. I hope things go good for him but I can't root for him unless he transfers back home or gets drafted by the Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom