Tyler Johnson Thread

Great to see TJ getting a chance to show his skills ! I never watched Tampa Bay until this season but now with Gophers on both sides of the ball they are worth a look.

Highlights for those who didn’t see it or want to rewatch.

TJ18 was also interviewed in the postgame presser.

Last edited:

My opponent started TB WR Scott Miller in fantasy after he got 83 yards receiving in both weeks 3 and 4. Trendy choice since Godwin has been hurt.

After TJ took the field, Miller was not targeted on Thursday night.

Thanks, TJ.

I don't get why the ball didn't go to him on that final drive. Evans looked bad. Gave up on like 5-6 routes in the 4th quarter.

Thanks Matt for putting that up.

TJ certainly looks like he belongs out there. Great to see after a rough start with the injury.

I don't get why the ball didn't go to him on that final drive. Evans looked bad. Gave up on like 5-6 routes in the 4th quarter.

TJ had a very nice game but seemed to have a hard time getting separation. Likely explains why few passes came his way.

Per ESPN crawl, Tampa waived Tyler Johnson today. The guy that played center for the Stanley Cup Champion Lightning.

Apparently, there's only room for 1 Tyler Johnson in Tampa.

Per ESPN crawl, Tampa waived Tyler Johnson today. The guy that played center for the Stanley Cup Champion Lightning.

Apparently, there's only room for 1 Tyler Johnson in Tampa.
The Wild need centers....

I loved how the first and second person to congratulate Tyler on his TD was Mike Evans and Tom Brady. How often do you see Tom Brady run 20 yards to go celebrate with his WR? Makes me happy!

I loved how the first and second person to congratulate Tyler on his TD was Mike Evans and Tom Brady. How often do you see Tom Brady run 20 yards to go celebrate with his WR? Makes me happy!

I didn't think Tom Brady liked to be around people of questionable character or perhaps we are just reminded that Matt Miller is a dink and/or works for Bruce Arians. Can't wait to see TJ building upon this experience in the next few games and have a breakout game with 100+ yards and 2 TD's.

I didn't think Tom Brady liked to be around people of questionable character or perhaps we are just reminded that Matt Miller is a dink and/or works for Bruce Arians. Can't wait to see TJ building upon this experience in the next few games and have a breakout game with 100+ yards and 2 TD's.
I had the same thought at one point. Either Matt Miller was knowingly trying to drop TJ’s draft stock for one or more teams, or that he was being fed BS unknowingly to drop his draft stock. Or, I suppose, there could have been some bad blood somewhere (ex-teammate, someone on Kill’s staff, etc.). Either way, TB got a 2nd round talent in the 5th round, so good for them. Nice thing about TJ is he’s in a great spot to succeed.

His press conference he sounded like a broken record.
I agree he did. Probably a bit nerve wracking as he doesn't want to say something he shouldn't etc. I too enjoyed the fact that Brady and Evans came over to congratulate him. Sounds like the guys appreciate his work ethics, attitude etc. How can you not work hard under Brady?

I agree he did. Probably a bit nerve wracking as he doesn't want to say something he shouldn't etc. I too enjoyed the fact that Brady and Evans came over to congratulate him. Sounds like the guys appreciate his work ethics, attitude etc. How can you not work hard under Brady?

Crazy to think that when he was coming out of high school, he was watching these two tear it up in the NFL. Fast forward five years and they are celebrating his first touchdown catch with him in the end zone.

When TJ scored his first TD in the NFL, I hoped that the production crew would have has found his last two TDs in the same corner of the same end zone 10 months ago, but to no avail. Aikman made a reference to a "bowl game' and that was it. Maybe I missed it

When TJ scored his first TD in the NFL, I hoped that the production crew would have has found his last two TDs in the same corner of the same end zone 10 months ago, but to no avail. Aikman made a reference to a "bowl game' and that was it. Maybe I missed it
Understand the point but that's too much to expect. They gave Tyler GREAT credit...including the bowl game showing...around that 1st TD. Agree having that bowl footage available would have been fantastic but not really feasible...at least in real game-time.

That offered, I would not be surprised if he does a similar stunt in a game at Buc's Stadium like that toe-tipper he did in the bowl game...that the bowl footage indeed does show up. We know he's that good, probably more than once. Then I'd expect it, especially now.

That day in Tampa was the best day of 2020 for sure, by 200x. I had the chance to get a flight in and out the same day and got pushed out of that plan . I really regret that.

Having said all that watching the win on TV with miserable Belgian Tripple beer driven hangover, ranked up with with the TV viewing of the 1999 Penn State game

Understand the point but that's too much to expect. They gave Tyler GREAT credit...including the bowl game showing...around that 1st TD. Agree having that bowl footage available would have been fantastic but not really feasible...at least in real game-time.

That offered, I would not be surprised if he does a similar stunt in a game at Buc's Stadium like that toe-tipper he did in the bowl game...that the bowl footage indeed does show up. We know he's that good, probably more than once. Then I'd expect it, especially now.

twoe been

i agree, but maybe one of
the two highlights from 1/1/2020 would have been nice. i bet if he had a second TD they might have found one of the highlights.

That day in Tampa was the best day of 2020 for sure, by 200x. I had the chance to get a flight in and out the same day and got pushed out of that plan . I really regret that.

Having said all that watching the win on TV with miserable Belgian Tripple beer driven hangover, ranked up with with the TV viewing of the 1999 Penn State game
Not wanting to rub it in because it sounds like you had a good day but regret missing out, but it was an AWESOME day in Tampa! Busch Gardens the day before, pregame partying around the stadium plaza (including cheap beer flowing freely), mid 70's degree weather, amazing victory, Uber back to hotel to order takeout and watch Wisconsin blow the Rose Bowl. It was literally like a perfect 36 hours. I still can't believe it happened in this historically bad year of 2020.

I like how he's hanging onto the ball while high fiveing

I'm really sad for TJ as Brown coming in has a huge potential to cut his playing time to next to nothing right as he is coming into stride

So you really think that Brady won't throw to him again? Me thinks that Tyler Johnson has proven to Tom Brady that he can catch footballs.

So you really think that Brady won't throw to him again? Me thinks that Tyler Johnson has proven to Tom Brady that he can catch footballs.
it's more that he can't throw to him if he's not seeing the field much and there's a risk of that becoming even lower than it already is with Brown showing up

Top Bottom