Tubby/Texas Tech Observations

It actually IS convenient. Nothing as ugly as a team with talent that underachieved in the win column.

With six more games to play

Wins:
2013: 11
2014: 13

Conference Wins:
2013: 3
2014: 5

Home Wins:
2013: 9
2014: 10

Road Wins:
2013: 1
2014: 2

Wins over Ranked Opponent:
2013: 0

They must have buyer's remorse.

I went to the TT/ISU game in Ames on Saturday. Tech played tough and even took the lead near the end of the game, but couldn't get the win at Hilton.

There's no need for 'Pitino vs Tubby' debate. The Gophers are better off. TT is certainly better off. And I think Tubby is better of too.

I certainly want to agree with this. However, I don't know how Tubby can be better off living in Lubbock, Texas.

Lol, it's gonna be SO UGLY! PUTRID! They're HOPING to get to 15 wins this year.

You can celebrate a home loss to an injured team if you'd like, but the truth will ultimately be revealed and be consistent with my words.

Compared to the TT's recent past, this year is anything but putrid. If they win one more of their last five conference games, they will have the most conference wins since 07-08.

Last year, 12 of their 15 conference losses were by at least 10 (many were by 20+). So far this year in conference play, their biggest loss was by nine.

It's hard to say that Tubby hasn't done in a solid job this year, at the very least.

As frustrated as I was with watching the Tubby Standing Offense over the course of the past few years, I was rooting for him and the kids from TTU to take out KU last night. It would have been a great moment for everyone down in Lubbock.

Liar Liar.

I think TRT is the only one who posts here capable of coming to that conclusion, whether one is pro-Tubby, anti-Tubby, or indifferent.

Now, SS, stay classy. I am a fan of your posts as well as Bleed's. You guys are two of the most professional posters here. Don't get sucked into TMZ-style of posting that most follow on this board. Stay with the facts.

I am as equally shocked as everybody else about how well this team plays. They are hearing from some good highschool basketball players. One thing about Tubby that I have seen for the past 20 years is that he does learn from the past. For example, in one of those losses to MSU when he was at UK, his team was out-reabounded by them. From then, his teams have become the best rebounding teams.

Like you said, lets see what they can do in March.

With six more games to play

Wins:
2013: 11
2014: 13

Conference Wins:
2013: 3
2014: 5

Home Wins:
2013: 9
2014: 10

Road Wins:
2013: 1

Wins over Ranked Opponent:
2013: 0

They must have buyer's remorse.

"They" must think the B1G is as strong as last year. Don't want to endorse what did happened last year but need to point out that the B1G is not what it was. We will be lucky to get six in the tourney this year.

Last year Michigan, MSU, Indiana and Ohio State were all great teams....and on top of that, Wisconsin was pretty good, Illinois was decent....and in my opinion, we were a much better team last year as well. Iowa also had a legitimate claim for the tournament last year.

This year the top of the B1G isn't nearly as good as last year, especially with all of MSU's injuries and McGray out for Michigan. We still have 5 solid teams at the top of the conference, but the middle and bottom of the conference....YUCK!!!!!!!!

Last year Michigan, MSU, Indiana and Ohio State were all great teams....and on top of that, Wisconsin was pretty good, Illinois was decent....and in my opinion, we were a much better team last year as well. Iowa also had a legitimate claim for the tournament last year.

This year the top of the B1G isn't nearly as good as last year, especially with all of MSU's injuries and McGray out for Michigan. We still have 5 solid teams at the top of the conference, but the middle and bottom of the conference....YUCK!!!!!!!!
I disagree about the middle n bottom....

"They" must think the B1G is as strong as last year. Don't want to endorse what did happened last year but need to point out that the B1G is not what it was. We will be lucky to get six in the tourney this year.

Nothing I posted referenced the Big Ten.

I disagree about the middle n bottom....

Okay....that's fair. Thinking about it, the bottom probably as good as it's been, but bigger. I think the middle of the B1G last year (Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota) is better than the middle of the B1G this year (Minnesota and Nebraska). But you're right....the bottom of the B1G is probably as strong as it has ever been. With traditional powers like Illinois, Indiana and even Purdue (yeah I know they have been down for a few years now) not even in the NCAA discussion and the two strongest teams having major injury problems, it feels like the B1G is down....just my opinion.

That's a nice stunt for them. Possible, of course, because so many seats are available.

If they could maintain 8k students at a game and be competitive it could be a problem playing there with how loud it would be. Depending on how they place them in the stadium.... Take up the lower bowl? One Side? Both sides under the hoop?

Top Bottom