Tubby has lost this team--Tubby please resign or announce your retirement

Minnesconsin fan said:
"And how can you have any clue how Flip could recruit? He's never done it before in his life. Ever. And now he's coach cal? That's a bit of a leap IMO."

Wasn't he on Dutcher's staff back in the day so he would have done some recruiting? And he coached at a JUCO for awhile-- granted different style of recruiting and 25 years ago but it is something he has done in his life.

You're right. He would have some recruiting experience in those roles. That is my mistake. I should have said no d1 head coach recruiting experience.

Thanks!

I am trying to figure out where Dr Don and his crew is who wanted to keep this thread alive for the season? I think Dr Don or one of his peeps even predicted 10 wins for the Gophers someplace in this post....? Hmmmm..........Dr Don and his peeps are real good at spouting crap and making threats with people who disagree with the direction of this program until it comes right back and hits them in their face................Are they ready to say "UNCLE" yet??

millions2spare said:
I am trying to figure out where Dr Don and his crew is who wanted to keep this thread alive for the season? I think Dr Don or one of his peeps even predicted 10 wins for the Gophers someplace in this post....? Hmmmm..........Dr Don and his peeps are real good at spouting crap and making threats with people who disagree with the direction of this program until it comes right back and hits them in their face................Are they ready to say "UNCLE" yet??

Glad you are so happy the Gophers are losing. Must be a great day for you to see them get beat. Can't wait for your celebratory post tomorrow night!!

All we are doing is reacting to the reality of the situation. Anyone who thinks this program is headed in the right direction needs to be examined.
We have a New AD coming in. Lets hope we get a new coach, a new direction, and a winning attitude. Tubby is putting in his time to retirement and in my post from January all but predicted this. Not because I wanted it, but because it was so evident. Sometimes, the truth slaps you square in the face. There will be no party tomorrow night. Let's hope for an improbable victory.

You misunderstand Dr. Don. On another thread he listed you as the #1 candidate to be the next Gopher coach. There are a lot of idiots who post on this board and he has you as #1. You should be honored.

All we are doing is reacting to the reality of the situation. Anyone who thinks this program is headed in the right direction needs to be examined.
We have a New AD coming in. Lets hope we get a new coach, a new direction, and a winning attitude. Tubby is putting in his time to retirement and in my post from January all but predicted this. Not because I wanted it, but because it was so evident. Sometimes, the truth slaps you square in the face. There will be no party tomorrow night. Let's hope for an improbable victory.

Agree, m2s, and the truth slapping you in the face is that very few posters here like you. You must enjoy pissing people off. I bet you are a blast at a party. :banghead:

The good news for you Doc Don is that I am not too concerned if people like me or not. Some agree with me, some disagree. It is all good.
When the time comes for you to throw a party, please let me know! You just may just finally learn something about basketball, why a culture change can save this program, and possibly meet someone with a winning attitude. It might possibly rub off on you. It appears you must live a sheltered life...

This is purely my opinion, but I think Flip would come in and have at minimum two good recruiting classes in a row (kind of like Tubby). He brings name value (like Tubby), a history of success (kind of like Tubby, although not as consistent), and a pro style offense (unlike Tubby). I think he would be a better motivator and less likely to remain stubborn.

The future and outlook of his tenure would probably be based off how those first two recruiting classes perform. If they play an exciting style and win, I think Flip could possibly build something special. If they flounder, I can't see him recovering to right the ship if his first 3 years are not successful.

My sources tell me that Flip is interested under the right conditions. I think we could do a lot worse than Flip. There are many who like the thought of him coaching this team. I for one agree with your view. Many of the kids now want to play a pro-style offense. I also think he could turn this ship sort of like Hoiberg is doing at Iowa State. I am not sure what his Wizards buyout allows him to negotiate, but I hope Flip is considered for this job when it opens up.

That is simply not a true statement. tubby is 6-21 in his last 27 Big 10 games. That is tubbyball. You can sugarcoat it all you want, UM bought a pig in a poke by hiring tubby.

How is that not a true statement?

Dr Don and peeps of Dr Don, I will plan to keep this post alive--just for you! Consider it a gift!.

So you can be reminded how wrong the heading of this thread was at the time it was made? If he had actually lost the team after the Purdue loss, there's no way we win 5 of 7 after that.

Oh good, a pissing contest.

Submitted and paid for by Station19
aka 'peep of Dr. Don'.
:drink:

to Dr Don and peeps of Dr Don, The point here is that you Keep your disagreements with alternative posters to facts, not to your prejudice or arrogance. Your attitude is precisely why a culture change needs to happen with this whole Athletic department. You cannot keep doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

to Dr Don and peeps of Dr Don, The point here is that you Keep your disagreements with alternative posters to facts, not to your prejudice or arrogance. Your attitude is precisely why a culture change needs to happen with this whole Athletic department. You cannot keep doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

Nobody can...have you got your Lotto picks for the week?

I hope this isn't a prelude to ongoing m2s rants again.

Station 19...You need to see the reality of the situation here at MN. I know it hurts to realize we are in the bottom 2/3 of the big ten but the quicker you see this, the quicker your life will improve. We need a coaching change. Tubby lost the team long ago.

Station 19...You need to see the reality of the situation here at MN. I know it hurts to realize we are in the bottom 2/3 of the big ten but the quicker you see this, the quicker your life will improve. We need a coaching change. Tubby lost the team long ago.

Nice timing on your post.

If Dr Don and friends were boosters at Texas, they would be run out of town. They expect winners there, not just teams that try hard but lose 2/3 of their conference games. We all need to step it up at MN. We, as boosters, should start to expect winners here and complain when we don't get them. Lets all work together to raise the bar!

Tubby has lost this team and tonight's game showed just how over matched we are. I agree with this blog that he should resign. Hopefully tomorrow(unlikely) and let Flip take over next year to right this ship. W should expect a winning program not this subpar junk we need to watch week in and week out.

1. My January post was in reference to m2s.

2. You should probably read my posts from the last month or so.

Pretty rough time in Gopher-land when I'm relegated to the (offseason) football board in search of Gopher positivity.

In all seriousness, rough times for the Gopherballers and Tubby. My support of our coach has waned. Time to either move on or clean house with his assistants. The team seems stale.

Remember folks, the definition of insanity is:

Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.

Gotta switch things up.

There's a pot and a kettle in there somewhere.

Dr Don----there is light on the Horizon. A new AD to be announced soon. In case you had not heard the news. You seem to be a little bit behind the times evidenced by how quickly you endorsed the Tubby Smith retirement party that started a couple years ago. Many of us who saw this facade and made Gopher Hole comments on raising the standards from mediocrity to one where coaches and AD's are judged on major sports wins and tournament appearances were blasted as Trolls, stupid, and out of touch. Do you finally agree that a culture change is needed at the U in order to produce a winning program, both in Hoops and football? It is going to take more than a new coach and AD. It appears we finally have a University President who get's it too.....Time will tell......

Top Bottom