Tubby has lost this team--Tubby please resign or announce your retirement

It's so surprising that millions2spare is no where to be found tonight. He was sure quick to start this thread after the loss on Sunday.

Do we still have a lot of work to do still? Of course, but that sure didn't look like a team that the head coach had lost.

The fact that millions2spare said it indicates that it is almost certainly wrong.

Great win by the Gophers last night.......obviously the best game of the year by far.........however, the overall body of work by Tubby and his staff has been a disappointment at best. If anyone disagrees with this, please explain yourself..

We need to see more victories and continued focus by this team to change my opinion.

Great win by the Gophers last night.......obviously the best game of the year by far.........however, the overall body of work by Tubby and his staff has been a disappointment at best. If anyone disagrees with this, please explain yourself..

We need to see more victories and continued focus by this team to change my opinion.

Most people agree with this part. It's the whole "Tubby has lost this team" and just about everything else you said in your original post in this thread that is completely going overboard IMO. That's why it's hard to care too much about your opinion. You go completely overboard when we lose, then hardly say a thing when we have a huge win.

Like I said earlier in this thread, a few bad games doesn't mean the coach has lost his team and the players aren't "good enough to compete at the Big ten level".

Tubby had not lost this team so let this thread die.

THIS IS THE END OF THIS THREAD-----

I don't think we should let it die. It is my hope to be able to keep it going all year. We have now had 2 nice wins in a row. I think we will have another 10 wins this year. 7 during the year, a couple in the Big Ten and then one or even two in NCAA's, and I reserve the right to keep this post alive unless the mods pull it off. Fact is we have a great coach who has stuck with us and I for one have stuck with him.

The post ticked me off when I first saw it. I would't even read it. Now I am having fun!!!!

I don't think we should let it die. It is my hope to be able to keep it going all year. We have now had 2 nice wins in a row. I think we will have another 10 wins this year. 7 during the year, a couple in the Big Ten and then one or even two in NCAA's, and I reserve the right to keep this post alive unless the mods pull it off. Fact is we have a great coach who has stuck with us and I for one have stuck with him.

The post ticked me off when I first saw it. I would't even read it. Now I am having fun!!!!

Just consider the source of the OP.

millions2spare? That tells you everything you need to know. Dude doesn't know black from up.

where are all the dudes who reacted so negatively to this thread from early January? Look for Tubby to take an early exit from Minnesota...Where is Dr Don and all his people today? Read thru the visceral hatred from these people in this thread to anyone who agreed with my original statement to Tubby. Time to speak the truth about Tubby and this whole Athletic Department. Lets hope we get a positive change with a new Athletic Director who wants to place an emphases winning in Football and basketball.......

LOL!!!! GophersInIowa wants to keep Tubby around as long as possible for the potential of 2 wins every year for the Hawkeyes!! Dpotroll and parski1 digging deep into the Smith family talking points for the spin to put out on the board after this embarrassment!

I think people like minngg, jamalo, m2s, and Goobs should all just post their temper tantrums in this thread. It would be much more organized to get them all into one centralized location.

where are all the dudes who reacted so negatively to this thread from early January? Look for Tubby to take an early exit from Minnesota...Where is Dr Don and all his people today? Read thru the visceral hatred from these people in this thread to anyone who agreed with my original statement to Tubby. Time to speak the truth about Tubby and this whole Athletic Department. Lets hope we get a positive change with a new Athletic Director who wants to place an emphases winning in Football and basketball.......

NM

I think people like minngg, jamalo, m2s, and Goobs should all just post their temper tantrums in this thread. It would be much more organized to get them all into one centralized location.

It looks to me like others are having tantrums. I saw nothing new today. It was expected. Basically, what you saying is, all of the people that disagree with me or us (the pro tubby crowd), should post elsewhere because it hurts to read the truth.

Young team and Tubby is a good coach. Injuries, players stealing and poor grades were not HIS fault. Tubby will turn this around as his young players develop. Then the (Tubby Haters) can go away or find something else to complain about.

Why is Tubby Smith a good coach at this very moment? I'm just curious what you're basing your opinion on.

Clearly you want a cookie. But you'll have to split it with your fellow 'Big' Gopher fan MinnGG.

Mchale selected KG, that's what you pay the GM to do. Flip Saunders was never the GM for the wolves.

Tubby had his best regular season at Kentucky with his own players, going undefeated in the SEC.

And how can you have any clue how Flip could recruit? He's never done it before in his life. Ever. And now he's coach cal? That's a bit of a leap IMO.

That is simply not a true statement. tubby is 6-21 in his last 27 Big 10 games. That is tubbyball. You can sugarcoat it all you want, UM bought a pig in a poke by hiring tubby.

millionstospare should spare enough millions to buy a practice facility instead of making delusional ,moronic posts requesting that tubby retire.

BJD50 said:
That is simply not a true statement. tubby is 6-21 in his last 27 Big 10 games. That is tubbyball. You can sugarcoat it all you want, UM bought a pig in a poke by hiring tubby.

What part of my post wasn't true? All of those were 100% factual. I then offer my
Opinion on flips recruiting. Which has nothing to do with Tubby's last 27 big 10 games.

So what isn't factual? That Mchale drafted KG? That flip wasn't the wolves GM? That Tubby's best regular season was with his own recruits going undefeated in the SEC? Which of those is false? Did someone else draft KG? Was Flip the Wolves GM all along? Or did Tubby have a better regular season somewhere than undefeated in conference play? And what do any of those have to do with Tubby's last 27 big 10 games!?!

What part of my post wasn't true? All of those were 100% factual. I then offer my
Opinion on flips recruiting. Which has nothing to do with Tubby's last 27 big 10 games.

So what isn't factual? That Mchale drafted KG? That flip wasn't the wolves GM? That Tubby's best regular season was with his own recruits going undefeated in the SEC? Which of those is false? Did someone else draft KG? Was Flip the Wolves GM all along? Or did Tubby have a better regular season somewhere than undefeated in conference play? And what do any of those have to do with Tubby's last 27 big 10 games!?!

Actually Flip was the GM for a while.

Unless Ben Jacobson says he is willing to take the job off the record, we have to keep Tubby. The next search would be a mess without knowing who the AD will be and the practice facility not being at the top of athletic construction projects. We need to hope that Tubby rebounds next year like Lucia. He could quit at the end of the year, and that would be a mess for the same reasons.

Flip Saunders' stock is low and won't have a whole lot of credibility on the recruiting trail. Look at his age too, does he want to work for 1/2 of what he has made during the past 10 years and travel the country sucking up to AAU slugs and begging 16 and 17 year old kids to play for him?

Nonsense. on BOTH counts First, Jacobson has the resume to get more desirable job. 2nd, despite no chance of Jacobson, there are other lower profile up and comers, possibly even assistants, that could at least infuse some LIFE into the program. If the program is going to rebound, Tubby MUST go.
Then someone who wants to build both the program and their personal reputation needs to be hired.

While it may be factual that Tubby's best regular season at Kentucky came with his own recruits,
but I see you omit that that team was EMBARASSED out of the NCAA as a #1 overall seed in a game they were never in, by Marquette. Which Marquettee team was subsequently blown out by Kansas.
Can't deny that Tubby's resume from Kentucky was a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Whathavewedone said:
While it may be factual that Tubby's best regular season at Kentucky came with his own recruits,
but I see you omit that that team was EMBARASSED out of the NCAA as a #1 overall seed in a game they were never in, by Marquette. Which Marquettee team was subsequently blown out by Kansas.
Can't deny that Tubby's resume from Kentucky was a lot of smoke and mirrors.

I did say regular reason, did I not?

I don't know what about going undefeated in the SEC is smoke and mirrors though? Tournament was a disappointment, no doubt, but to say going undefeated in the SEC is smoke and
mirrors? Hm. I wonder why it doesn't happen more often then, in any conference.

Whathavewedone said:
Nonsense. on BOTH counts First, Jacobson has the resume to get more desirable job. 2nd, despite no chance of Jacobson, there are other lower profile up and comers, possibly even assistants, that could at least infuse some LIFE into the program. If the program is going to rebound, Tubby MUST go.
Then someone who wants to build both the program and their personal reputation needs to be hired.

I believe it is Jacobson who has in his contract that the Minnesota job is the one that he can leave his current school and contract for.

"And how can you have any clue how Flip could recruit? He's never done it before in his life. Ever. And now he's coach cal? That's a bit of a leap IMO."

Wasn't he on Dutcher's staff back in the day so he would have done some recruiting? And he coached at a JUCO for awhile-- granted different style of recruiting and 25 years ago but it is something he has done in his life.

Top Bottom