Trey Potts - UPDATED With Statement from the U

Thank you Gopherholers who saw something and shared it with us passionate Gopher fans. All that can be asked is that we share with each other what we know, see or hear. It is up to each of us to realize this is still a "fan forum" and not a newspaper. I am thankful for inside scoops into recruiting, player development and news on when a player gets hurt. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Potts family.

Hopefully this serves as some sort of wake up call to not come in here and continually speak in black/white absolutes on topics you know nothing more than anyone else. You tend to speak with opinions as if they are strong facts.
He’ll never change. A jackass to the core.

Thank you Gopherholers who saw something and shared it with us passionate Gopher fans. All that can be asked is that we share with each other what we know, see or hear. It is up to each of us to realize this is still a "fan forum" and not a newspaper. I am thankful for inside scoops into recruiting, player development and news on when a player gets hurt. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Potts family.

This.

If you don't do so, I'll assume that you're full of shit, and I might even 'imply' same, publicly.
View attachment 14665
Multiple people in this thread saw the same thing.

Yes. At that point, new posts were made of people saying the same or similar thing. One mentioned a neck brace, one mentioned oxygen, one said he appeared unconscious.

Still waiting for the post of mine in which I said their accounts were "made up".

I'd think we're at the point of considering if he'll ever play football again with how serious this sounds. Hope the kid is OK and can just get back to normal life.

I'll be curious to hear more
Or..……you know we could just wait for more details before making guesses about what all this does and does not mean.

we know it was serious but that could mean a million different things. He could have long term issues or he could be back to normal in a matter of days. No point in speculating on anything long term until we get more details.

Best case scenario - The Gophers are being overly cautious and Potts returns this season.

But - given the way this was handled, I suspect this is serious enough that Potts' season is likely over.
So, like it or not, Gopher fans have to consider the possibility that the Gophs play the rest of the season minus their #1 and #2 RB's on the depth chart. Now what?

Knowing Fleck's philosophy, I have to believe that the Gophers will still try to run the ball - at least 50-50. So more work for Irving, more for Williams, Ky Thomas - and maybe Wiley even emerges from double secret probation and gets some carries.

But - if the Gophers are going to be competitive, the OC has to take the shackles off the QB and the passing game. In order to win, I think they will need to throw at least 30 passes a game or more.

Or..……you know we could just wait for more details before making guesses about what all this does and does not mean.

we know it was serious but that could mean a million different things. He could have long term issues or he could be back to normal in a matter of days. No point in speculating on anything long term until we get more details.
Agreed.

Best case scenario - The Gophers are being overly cautious and Potts returns this season.

But - given the way this was handled, I suspect this is serious enough that Potts' season is likely over.
So, like it or not, Gopher fans have to consider the possibility that the Gophs play the rest of the season minus their #1 and #2 RB's on the depth chart. Now what?

Knowing Fleck's philosophy, I have to believe that the Gophers will still try to run the ball - at least 50-50. So more work for Irving, more for Williams, Ky Thomas - and maybe Wiley even emerges from double secret probation and gets some carries.

But - if the Gophers are going to be competitive, the OC has to take the shackles off the QB and the passing game. In order to win, I think they will need to throw at least 30 passes a game or more.
Why are you even speculating about this at this point? Clown.

I think it's a little early for this speculation.

Why are you even speculating about this at this point? Clown.
I mean he laid out the two most realistic options - 1. medical staff being cautious and Potts comes back soon or 2. its more serious and he may be out awhile. The first means the team continues to operate normally, then the second he provided his thoughts on what may happen if Potts is out. SON is doing what message boards are for, giving opinions, don't see anything in his post that makes him a clown at all.

I mean he laid out the two most realistic options - 1. medical staff being cautious and Potts comes back soon or 2. its more serious and he may be out awhile. The first means the team continues to operate normally, then the second he provided his thoughts on what may happen if Potts is out. SON is doing what message boards are for, giving opinions, don't see anything in his post that makes him a clown at all.

+o4

I guess. The kid is still in the hospital in Indiana so I’d think it’s semi serious but we’ll see.

If he came of the field without apparent injury there are multiple things that could have arisen that led to him collapsing/fainting- too many to speculate on.

^^^

We know:
-Last run late in 4th quarter, looked strong, alert, balanced. The last hit was standard fare on tv angle. Looked fine, facial expression normal coming off field.
-TV footage a few minutes later shows him standing at yard marker with what appear to be two trainers in black shirts. Potts seemed to be watching the game action. One trainer appeared to be speaking to him, another had his hand grasped on the back of Pott‘s left arm, apparently supporting him.
-Replacement gopher states Potts was “carried” by many people into the tent, unclear if conscious or unconscious at this point. Stated many clinical personnel running around, tent torn down, Potts subsequently on gurney with jersey off and with neck brace, unconscious.
-Ambulance to hospital.

Given all the above SON shouldn’t be roasted for speculating the injury is likely going to keep Potts out for some time.

^^^

We know:
-Last run late in 4th quarter, looked strong, alert, balanced. The last hit was standard fare on tv angle. Looked fine, facial expression normal coming off field.
-TV footage a few minutes later shows him standing at yard marker with what appear to be two trainers in black shirts. Potts seemed to be watching the game action. One trainer appeared to be speaking to him, another had his hand grasped on the back of Pott‘s left arm, apparently supporting him.
-Replacement gopher states Potts was “carried” by many people into the tent, unclear if conscious or unconscious at this point. Stated many clinical personnel running around, tent torn down, Potts subsequently on gurney with jersey off and with neck brace, unconscious.
-Ambulance to hospital.

Given all the above SON shouldn’t be roasted for speculating the injury is likely going to keep Potts out for some time.
The be fair to Oregon Gopher, that was posted before a lot of the other details came out in this thread.

I re-watched the ending (again) and it looks like there was a helmet to helmet hit near the Purdue sideline prior to his last carry at the 6:23 mark. He seemed to shake his head and grab at his helmet a bit. I think someone else mentioned this earlier in the thread. That's the only thing I could see that may have been the cause on the last drive since the remainder of the hits seemed to be to his torso.

Top Bottom