Trey Lance: 'I would've thought that I was going to play quarterback at the University of Minnesota'

Kowalkowski is the greatest of all time. Leidner and Weber are trash compared to him.

From Official Site/Rosters:
HS Senior Recruiting Page 6’3 195
College 1st Yr Fr 6’3 215 2018
College 2nd Yr RFr 6’3 221 2019
Pro Day 6’3 7/8 226 2021
I found his pro day measurements
6'3.2"
hand size 9 1/8
broad jump 10.9

Kowalkowski was the only QB in the state this year with FBS offers. There were over 20 schools, some P5 that were going to come watch him throw this spring, because of Covid that was all shut down. The Vikings even shut down the all Star Game for all the guys this year. The last time he threw for a team was two years ago and he was offered. He played at a program that basically ran the ball and he broke all their passing records. He is over 6'2" and over 215. He may end up larger then Lance in three years.
So that is a big no on the Epiphany question.....got it.

All the measurables. The non measurables left people stranded on Leidner Island.
What does that mean? I see Leidner is working with a 7 on 7 program for kids part time. That is what 3 years starting in the Big 10 got him.

What does that mean? I see Leidner is working with a 7 on 7 program for kids part time. That is what 3 years starting in the Big 10 got him.
That’s where his lack of talent got him. Big10 QBs get drafted every year.

You aware that this post from you is super savory.

You can see why he was not highly recruited 6'2" 195 throwing around 1,300 yards in 3 or 4A ball. There are a million guys like that. P5 is not into the project guys. That is why you see guys taken from the smaller schools. Look at the guy from St. Johns, he was a 6'4" 220 pound TE when he started college.
No you can’t see why he was not highly recruited unless you refuse to watch his tape. Watch his highlights, his talent was pretty unmistakeable, special athlete in HS. It jumps off the page. To any team who refused to look at him as a QB (MN), the only excuse was that he was also capable of excelling at 3 other positions. OLB, S, TE

No you can’t see why he was not highly recruited unless you refuse to watch his tape. Watch his highlights, his talent was pretty unmistakeable, special athlete in HS. It jumps off the page. To any team who refused to look at him as a QB (MN), the only excuse was that he was also capable of excelling at 3 other positions. OLB, S, TE

The truth is that Trey was really only asked to beat teams with his arm during 1 game of his senior season and he had a really lousy game. When they were smashed by South Saint Paul, Trey wasn't even the most efficient QB on the field that day. It was an absolute fluke but it is the reason why nobody in the Big 10, MAC, or any other P5 program offered him a scholarship as a QB. There was just very little film of him dropping back and having to beat teams with his arm.

It was unfortunate for Gopher fans but those things happen in recruiting. They happen every single year.

The truth is that Trey was really only asked to beat teams with his arm during 1 game of his senior season and he had a really lousy game. When they were smashed by South Saint Paul, Trey wasn't even the most efficient QB on the field that day. It was an absolute fluke but it is the reason why nobody in the Big 10, MAC, or any other P5 program offered him a scholarship as a QB. There was just very little film of him dropping back and having to beat teams with his arm.

It was unfortunate for Gopher fans but those things happen in recruiting. They happen every single year.
He continues to be a bit of an unknown. SF took a huge leap of faith IMHO.

He continues to be a bit of an unknown. SF took a huge leap of faith IMHO.
Yeah, Trey is 10000000000% the exception and not the rule. He wasn't a recruiting miss, he was just an example of a kid that decided to follow his dream of being a QB to a lower level school and it worked out great for him.

And yeah, he is a massive risk for SF with the #3 pick in the draft. He may turn out to be great but SF is investing a crap ton of money on a guy with super limited college experience who has never gone up a team with athletes anywhere close to the ones he will be facing in the NFL.

He did win the lottery, that is a lot of cash for a 21 year old. Do you think him or his mom that works at the Schwann's ice cream factory cares.

Nothing wrong with working at a factory. No need to insult families like that.
I had relatives in Marshall when I was a young kid. One was a security guard at Schwan's. When we would visit we always came back home with boat loads of ice cream, push pops, sundae cups, you name it. The two-hour car ride felt like forever when I was 7 but it was so worth it.

Schwan's has also put a lot of money back into the community. Donated a lot of money when Marshall was developing a new regional youth sports center. (although I have heard that being a Schwan's driver is a tough gig. you have to hustle to make decent commissions.....)

Schwan's has also put a lot of money back into the community. Donated a lot of money when Marshall was developing a new regional youth sports center. (although I have heard that being a Schwan's driver is a tough gig. you have to hustle to make decent commissions.....)
I have heard you have to make concessions.....

if PJ Fleck offers NDSU'S Trey Lance a QB offer instead of a Safety... then he's a Sophomore for Minnesota right now & would vastly improve the team. IMO...

(not having Winfield, Batemon, MO & Ty Johns is probably a bigger problem)

but dayum

Top Bottom